Kenneth Faried grabbing Knicks' attention

KBlack25

Starter
there is only one decent center in the first 17 picks... this is not a draft for centers

Is there a chance at all we can move up to try and land Biyombo? His stock is rising daily, but he might be a very very good center, especially if we don't have to rely on him to do any scoring...

I'd rather have Marcus.. no homo... but Markieff Morris would be perfect for us with his size and versatility. Perfect backup pf for Amare who I believe could have star potential one day.

STAT1

Starter
:agreed:
Thats pretty much all i want this offseason. Resign Walsh, Resign Shawne Williams+AC, Draft Faried, Sign Dalembert or Deandre(If available) using the MLE, Bring back Jerome Jordan, and if we can i want to sign vets like Przybilla,Grant Hill, Nazr Mohammed. With that roster i think we can become serious contenders.

At most you will get maybe Dalembert for the MLE, or you can split it between Pryz & Hill, & maybe sign Shawne, Nazr & AC to veteran's minimum contracts, & then bring over Jordan along with whoever we draft in the 1st round. I think we can pretty much forget about Deandre Jordan there's no way the Clips won't match a MLE offer to him in any case.

or you can split it between Pryz & Hill, & maybe sign Shawne, Nazr & AC to veteran's minimum contracts, & then bring over Jordan along with whoever we draft in the 1st round.
This.

I don't think we can sign Shawne to a vet minimun contract but he did say he would sign at any price. Draft Faried, split the MLE with Grant and Przybillia, sign AC & Nazr to vet minimums, then bring over Jerome Jordan agreed 100% my friend.
:gony:

STAT1

Starter
This.

I don't think we can sign Shawne to a vet minimun contract but he did say he would sign at any price. Draft Faried, split the MLE with Grant and Przybillia, sign AC & Nazr to vet minimums, then bring over Jerome Jordan agreed 100% my friend.

Yeah, I believe Shawne would be open to signing on a minimum contract. Seems to me he wants to stick around & is sick of switching teams. He mentioned that he liked the chemistry that's developing here, you can already tell he gets along great with Melo, Chauncey & STAT, & obviously he likes playing for MDA & probably feels loyalty towards Donnie since he's the one who believed in him ever since he drafted him in Indiana & brought him over to the Knicks. I like Shawne, I think he can help us win in the longterm. Probably one of the few guys that is always accountable for himself & sticks up for his teammates around here.

I also think the more realistic way to go is to split the MLE between 2 or 3 guys on 1 year deals, which would fill our needs in the present & still give us the flexibility we need to make a big splash in 2012. I don't see any way the Knicks will ever land any of these bigger C names you hear being talked about by guys, Nene, Marc Gasol, D Jordan, none of those guys are gonna be Knicks IMO.

Yeah, I believe Shawne would be open to signing on a minimum contract. Seems to me he wants to stick around & is sick of switching teams. He mentioned that he liked the chemistry that's developing here, you can already tell he gets along great with Melo, Chauncey & STAT, & obviously he likes playing for MDA & probably feels loyalty towards Donnie since he's the one who believed in him ever since he drafted him in Indiana & brought him over to the Knicks. I like Shawne, I think he can help us win in the longterm. Probably one of the few guys that is always accountable for himself & sticks up for his teammates around here.

I also think the more realistic way to go is to split the MLE between 2 or 3 guys on 1 year deals, which would fill our needs in the present & still give us the flexibility we need to make a big splash in 2012. I don't see any way the Knicks will ever land any of these bigger C names you hear being talked about by guys, Nene, Marc Gasol, D Jordan, none of those guys are gonna be Knicks IMO.
Yeah thats why I made this thread because i feel that this is probably what is most likely going to happen. Maybe Grant, Przybilla, and Nazr can split the MLE? Cause Idk if Nazr would be willing to take a vet minimum. Shawne, AC, and Jerome will all be cheap i think. Lets just hope that we will still have MLE with the new CBA.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
Yeah thats why I made this thread because i feel that this is probably what is most likely going to happen. Maybe Grant, Przybilla, and Nazr can split the MLE? Cause Idk if Nazr would be willing to take a vet minimum. Using the MLE, Grant can get 1.5M, Przybilla & Nazr can each get 2M. I think that would be enough, Shawne, AC, and Jerome will all be cheap i think. Lets just hope that we will still have MLE with the CBA.

I'd add Jeff Foster & possibly Etan Thomas to the list of candidates, but we are both on the same page. We all gotta think in realistic terms, it's nice to talk about all these big names but we need to keep our current situation & this franchise's longterm goals in mind as well. As long as CP3 is looming in 2012 I think the Knicks won't commit to any more big contracts past this year.