Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Right Back Where We Started... Still NEED a BIG

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by STAT1
    He didn't look too bright to me when he went 0 for 11 & MDA stuck with him for 32 minutes in game 2. He's lucky Landry looked so God awful, you hardly noticed Bill Walker at all.

id be willing to give up walker for lopez.. who esle do we have.. fields, rautins and td.. nobody wants balkman...

the main thing is that we get more than one big.. i think first we draft faried as a backup to amare... then we go after dalembert on the cheap which wont work because there is also a larg hatian population in mia.. and we will get beat out...

foster, sean williams, baron, jordan, trade for lopez.. i think we need at least 4-5 big in camp...and go from there. one wont cut it..when our center rest.. who play center.. amare????.. not tryin to see that

Default Bigs

Dalembert and Jerome Jordan are two of the pieces.

Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan are probably too expensive to acquire, assuming that we still want a shot at Chris Paul between December 2011 and August 2012. The only way we should sign Gasol or DeAndre is if the Hornets explicitly make it clear that they want one of these as part of a deal for CP3, or if we trade up in the draft and pick a PG.

Otherwise, if there is not a clear answer to the questions above, then I draft Kenneth Faried. I don't believe Fredette will drop to #17, and I do not like his defense at all. I would also trade up for Enes Kanter, or for an additional first rounder to get both Faried and Noguiera.

One of the problems is that Faried (at 6-8) is not a center, he is a forward backup for both Stat and Melo, a defensive stopper, enforcer, and rebounder. But it is also hard to pass on Faried to take Noguiera, who is more of a project.

Some folks trading up would take Kyrie or Kemba instead of Kanter, and this make some sense, but then you probably go for Gasol or DeAndre Jordan rather than Dalembert, because then you do not have some young bigs as projects, so you need a center of the future rather than a stopgap at center.

I might also take a chance on Oden. The downside is obvious and it would take a lot of guts. No doubt there is a ton of risk in that option. If it blows up, you probably get run out of town. However, there is also significant upside if he suddenly can stay healthy (remember that they said the same thing about Camby for a few years early in his career, and look how that turned out - on the flip side you have Sam Bowie and a host of other bigs who busted and/or never could stay on the court).

Originally Posted by moneyg
    id be willing to give up walker for lopez.. who esle do we have.. fields, rautins and td.. nobody wants balkman...

the main thing is that we get more than one big.. i think first we draft faried as a backup to amare... then we go after dalembert on the cheap which wont work because there is also a larg hatian population in mia.. and we will get beat out...

foster, sean williams, baron, jordan, trade for lopez.. i think we need at least 4-5 big in camp...and go from there. one wont cut it..when our center rest.. who play center.. amare????.. not tryin to see that
    I think your list is realistic. Might even add Jason Collins to that list as a role player off the bench along with Nazr Mohammed. I agree if we can't get a name brand C this summer then our focus should be on bringing in multiple guys to eat up minutes at the position & compensate with having depth. Can't rely on Turiaf to stay healthy, he's so brittle if he plays extended minutes, & I don't wanna see STAT getting beat up down low trying to guard bigger C's all year long & wear himself thin. Would love to have Faried as a backup to STAT also, especially if that means no more Jared Jeffries in the rotation.