Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vets available this Offseason

Nyk Logo Vets available this Offseason

What do you think about signing these Vets? Please add some more if I forgot someone.

Joel Przybilla - His size at 7'1 allows him to contest shots and not get pushed around by any center, he's a great man to man defender, and he's a good shot blocker. The only problem with him is that he is injured often and has no offensive game but he does shoot at a high FG%. He is still better than any center we have right now.

Grant Hill - He has a great size at 6'8. A great all around player. He's an excellent defender, can play SG or SF, solid three point shooter, shoots at a high FG%, good playmaker, great locker room guy and he is good friends with STAT. Even though he is pretty old (in NBA years) he has an excellent motor and wouldn't have a problem in this offense.

Jeff Foster - A 6'11 center. Plays agressive and like Pachulia and Varejao, he has the ability to piss players off. He hustles for loose balls and rebounds.

Nazr Mohammed - A former Knick. Possesses good size and length for the center position. A very solid defender, gets a quarter of his shots off of post ups with another one fifth coming from each of cuts, offensive rebounds, and pick and rolls. Has a decent stroke for a player his size. It isnít pretty but it seems to work.

I'm liking Grant and Foster.

I'd like a 1 year deal defensive focused center... then we can let go of Billups and the 1 year guy to sign CP3 or Williams. Then MLE a player like Shaq (obviously not Shaq at that age)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jpz17
    I'd like a 1 year deal defensive focused center... then we can let go of Billups and the 1 year guy to sign CP3 or Williams. Then MLE a player like Shaq (obviously not Shaq at that age)
    I think Przybilla or Mohammed could be that guy. Foster wouldn't be a bad pickup either.

My ideal 2011 off season

SG- T-Mac or Chandler. Both will have similar levels of productiveness. Obviously in different ways.

PF/C- Dalembert, Pryzbilla, or Jeff Foster + big men from draft

PG- TJ Ford

All holes will be filled. Possibly go after CP3 or Howard in a trade involving our first round pick player, douglass, fields, others. Or just wait for 2012 free agency.

I like Joel and Grant. My only concern with Joel is that he has injury problems.
    But he can sure rebound and BANG with the rest of the bigs.

Latrell Sprewell

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Latrell Sprewell
    cosign that ****

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Latrell Sprewell
    Willis Reed

Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    I'm liking Grant and Foster.
    I think those guys are realistic options if we have the MLE to use this summer. I think we could maybe get both to sign a 1 year deal which would preserve our cap flexibility for 2012.

Grant Hill would be an amazing pick up, but I've heard he really likes it in Phoenix. I think he enjoys the smaller town's rather then the big city lights. If we could get him as a starter at SG that would be AMAZING. He would be the PERFECT mentor for Fields.

He would also be a great defender on all opposing SG's which are usually shorter then him. He has great offensive talents, especially around the rim. He wouldn't be asked to play too many minutes as Fields should still get plenty of 'em. If we had him for 25 minutes a game and allowed Fields to learn from him it would do wonders for our team.

From a starting line up persepective this would solidify in a big way.

Billups/douglas
    Hill/fields
    Melo/Williams
    Amar'e/Faried
    Foster/Turiaf

There was an article out about Grant Hill talking about NYC and the Knicks in general about a month ago and he gave nothing but praise. He was my favorite player when he was a Dukie and I admit I bought FILA's when he was the spokesman.
    I also like what I saw out of Foster in our games againt IND. I think he could start most of the season with Jerome Jordan taking over late (Most likely not). I would love to see these two and then around the trade deadline with the Knicks in 3rd place, a trade for Steve Nash to get the guy PIPE DREAM ALERT.

Originally Posted by StarksOverJordan
    There was an article out about Grant Hill talking about NYC and the Knicks in general about a month ago and he gave nothing but praise. He was my favorite player when he was a Dukie and I admit I bought FILA's when he was the spokesman.
    I also like what I saw out of Foster in our games againt IND. I think he could start most of the season with Jerome Jordan taking over late (Most likely not). I would love to see these two and then around the trade deadline with the Knicks in 3rd place, a trade for Steve Nash to get the guy PIPE DREAM ALERT.
    I agree with everything you said except Nash, the last thing we need is another player that doesn't play defense.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I agree with everything you said except Nash, the last thing we need is another player that doesn't play defense.
    I know were not going to get him I just want to see the little man win a title before he retires.

Yao Ming? The living dynasty?