Vets available this Offseason

Exactly. There are rumblings that we're going to target Dalembert, but so is Miami. Putting both rosters aside (IF) both teams can offer the mid level exception who does he sign with? MOA who has a history of misusing bigs? Or Miami who would embrace this guy coming aboard?

I think we all know the answer to this...
Then f** it we're going to trade or sign for cp3 anyways, we can just use a vet like Foster or Nazr.

knicksin60

Starter
Elijah Mohammed definitely has to be on Walsh's radar this off season.If I were James Dolan I would send a limo directly to the Oklahoma City Thunder arena as soon as the Thunder's season comes to an end, arrange to have a one hour meeting with Mohammed, his agent and bring Donnie Walsh and Allan Houston along with me.

moneyg

Starter
Elijah Mohammed definitely has to be on Walsh's radar this off season.If I were James Dolan I would send a limo directly to the Oklahoma City Thunder arena as soon as the Thunder's season comes to an end, arrange to have a one hour meeting with Mohammed, his agent and bring Donnie Walsh and Allan Houston along with me.

Elijah mohammed is dead,,LMAO,,,and so is malcom X....NAZR

i think we need a few quality bigs.. like foster, mohammed, prizz

baron we will chech on and bring back jeroime jordan

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Draft First, then the Fireworks

IMHO, who you acquire as a FA big depends largely on who you end up drafting.

1) Do you trade up in the draft? If so, to acquire Enes Kanter or a top PG?
2) Do you stay at #17? If so, do you draft Faried or Noguiera or a midling PG?
3) Do you keep #17 and trade for an additional first rounder? If so, do you draft Faried and Noguiera, or just one of these and a guard?

If you have some project bigs (Jerome Jordan, Noguiera, Faried) then you might acquire Dalembert or Foster, so you can also get a better PG backup, pending a CP3 deal or keeping Billups for more than another year.

If you draft a PG of the future, or just Faried but not Kanter or Noguiera; then you might need to go for a better longer-term center, such as Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan.

mafra

Legend
The problem is... Knicks don't have much wiggle room here. Knicks payroll is at about 65 million already, and that's before we resign Shawne Williams and add our 2 draft picks' salaries.

Billups-Amar'e-Carmelo combine for 50 million alone. When we picked up CB's option, that pretty much took away our chances to be competitive in the upcoming free agent market.

NOW, our only hope is to use what we have to sell what we can offer:

1- GREAT PLACE TO LIVE... world's best city... along with the history and revamped MSG stage.

2- LEGIT 2.5 stars... A chance to win a title. Dynamic Duo (Melo/Amar'e) and proven winner (Billups).

3- A starting role... minutes at SG & C.

4- Player-friendly coach and offensive system.

5- Owner willing to spend in the future.

What we could use is a J-Rich to be swayed by this, or some other vet. If they've made enough money could they pull a Karl Malone and Gary Payton? Come to NY on the cheap?

Who knows what exemptions and stuff will be in place after the lockout and a new CBA is in place. AT BEST, we have about 10 million to work with.

=========

I would sign Kurt Thomas and then hope Joel Pryzbilla or Kwame Brown accept less money to come to NY. THEN, take a flier on a Michael Redd or Bonzi Wells. Resign Shawne Williams... Then hope to convince a Grant Hill, Jamal Crawford or Jason Richardson to sign on for a shot at the title.

Otherwise, just go get Deshaun Stevenson, and trade Bill Walker for Josh McRoberts.

Mafra, you make it sound so easy haha...where is all that money coming from? Especially once the new CBA comes into effect and there is presumably no more MLE.