Vets available this Offseason

What do you think about signing these Vets? Please add some more if I forgot someone.

Act_joel_przybilla.jpg

Joel Przybilla - His size at 7'1 allows him to contest shots and not get pushed around by any center, he's a great man to man defender, and he's a good shot blocker. The only problem with him is that he is injured often and has no offensive game but he does shoot at a high FG%. He is still better than any center we have right now.

grant_hill.jpg

Grant Hill - He has a great size at 6'8. A great all around player. He's an excellent defender, can play SG or SF, solid three point shooter, shoots at a high FG%, good playmaker, great locker room guy and he is good friends with STAT. Even though he is pretty old (in NBA years) he has an excellent motor and wouldn't have a problem in this offense.

jeff-foster2.jpg

Jeff Foster - A 6'11 center. Plays agressive and like Pachulia and Varejao, he has the ability to piss players off. He hustles for loose balls and rebounds.

Act_nazr_mohammed.jpg

Nazr Mohammed - A former Knick. Possesses good size and length for the center position. A very solid defender, gets a quarter of his shots off of post ups with another one fifth coming from each of cuts, offensive rebounds, and pick and rolls. Has a decent stroke for a player his size. It isn?t pretty but it seems to work.

jpz17

Starter
I'd like a 1 year deal defensive focused center... then we can let go of Billups and the 1 year guy to sign CP3 or Williams. Then MLE a player like Shaq (obviously not Shaq at that age)

I'd like a 1 year deal defensive focused center... then we can let go of Billups and the 1 year guy to sign CP3 or Williams. Then MLE a player like Shaq (obviously not Shaq at that age)
I think Przybilla or Mohammed could be that guy. Foster wouldn't be a bad pickup either.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
My ideal 2011 off season

SG- T-Mac or Chandler. Both will have similar levels of productiveness. Obviously in different ways.

PF/C- Dalembert, Pryzbilla, or Jeff Foster + big men from draft

PG- TJ Ford

All holes will be filled. Possibly go after CP3 or Howard in a trade involving our first round pick player, douglass, fields, others. Or just wait for 2012 free agency.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I like Joel and Grant. My only concern with Joel is that he has injury problems.
But he can sure rebound and BANG with the rest of the bigs.

p0nder

Starter
Grant Hill would be an amazing pick up, but I've heard he really likes it in Phoenix. I think he enjoys the smaller town's rather then the big city lights. If we could get him as a starter at SG that would be AMAZING. He would be the PERFECT mentor for Fields.

He would also be a great defender on all opposing SG's which are usually shorter then him. He has great offensive talents, especially around the rim. He wouldn't be asked to play too many minutes as Fields should still get plenty of 'em. If we had him for 25 minutes a game and allowed Fields to learn from him it would do wonders for our team.

From a starting line up persepective this would solidify in a big way.

Billups/douglas
Hill/fields
Melo/Williams
Amar'e/Faried
Foster/Turiaf

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
There was an article out about Grant Hill talking about NYC and the Knicks in general about a month ago and he gave nothing but praise. He was my favorite player when he was a Dukie and I admit I bought FILA's when he was the spokesman.
I also like what I saw out of Foster in our games againt IND. I think he could start most of the season with Jerome Jordan taking over late (Most likely not). I would love to see these two and then around the trade deadline with the Knicks in 3rd place, a trade for Steve Nash to get the guy:thumbsup: PIPE DREAM ALERT.

There was an article out about Grant Hill talking about NYC and the Knicks in general about a month ago and he gave nothing but praise. He was my favorite player when he was a Dukie and I admit I bought FILA's when he was the spokesman.
I also like what I saw out of Foster in our games againt IND. I think he could start most of the season with Jerome Jordan taking over late (Most likely not). I would love to see these two and then around the trade deadline with the Knicks in 3rd place, a trade for Steve Nash to get the guy:thumbsup: PIPE DREAM ALERT.
I agree with everything you said except Nash, the last thing we need is another player that doesn't play defense.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Nash is the best offensive PG in the league imo. You people would be salivating what he'd do for our team, especially with Amar'e and Melo.

He's 37 now though, so we'd have to make sure to weight out our all options carefully. I think we should consider him. He wouldn't be getting that much after next season, and 10 million for next season isn't bad at all.

He isn't a great a defender, but this season he seemed to be solid on defense. Jason Kidd all of a sudden is a reliable three, so that shouldn't sound crazy.

Besides, if our team in general needs defensive work and plans. Nash wouldn't hold us down.

With that said, I rather Nash and Hill finish out their careers in Phoenix and win a championship there.

Kiyaman

Legend
We must take in consideration......

As long as we have Celebrity coach Dantoni-system
I dont see any decent FA veteran Bigman's agent answering
any of Walsh calls for an offer in the Cap-Lockout (long) offseason.

Farieds dynamic high IQ in rebounding will lose interest in our
coaching-system the sameway so many of our players lost interest
in the postseason games....players names dont need to be mention

So far we have a little sumthin with:
1) PG-Billups
2) PG-Douglas
3) SG-Fields
4) SG-Walker
5) SF-Shawn
6) SF-Melo
7) PF-Amare
8) PF-Turiaf
Adding FA PG-Brooks and C-Dalembert would be an offseason improvement
to the Knicks roster.
Drafting Faried rebounding potential would also be an improvement to the
roster when we add (2010 pick) Jerome Jordan too, which would give us
12-players to use in a rotation when playing back to back games in the regular season.

As long as we have Celebrity coach Dantoni-system
I dont see any decent FA veteran Bigman's agent answering
any of Walsh calls for an offer in the Cap-Lockout (long) offseason.

Exactly. There are rumblings that we're going to target Dalembert, but so is Miami. Putting both rosters aside (IF) both teams can offer the mid level exception who does he sign with? MOA who has a history of misusing bigs? Or Miami who would embrace this guy coming aboard?

I think we all know the answer to this...

Kiyaman

Legend
Exactly. There are rumblings that we're going to target Dalembert, but so is Miami. Putting both rosters aside (IF) both teams can offer the mid level exception who does he sign with? MOA who has a history of misusing bigs? Or Miami who would embrace this guy coming aboard?

I think we all know the answer to this...

:agreed: :agreed::agreed:

Its to bad we have members and a Knicks President that refuse to
taste the truth of a question 99.9% knows the answer to.