Thread: I know he turned down the offer a long time ago...

Default I know he turned down the offer a long time ago...

, but anyone else would love to see Walt Frazier coach? Head coach, defensive assistant, something.

I know not every great player is a great coach, but Frazier has taught ME things.

With that said, I'd be sad if he wasn't commentating.

>Get Clyde as defensive assistant

>Hire Gus Johnson for full time commentary duty

I'd prefer this: Hire Jerry Sloan or Jeff Van Gundy as head coach, Clyde Frazier, Pat Ewing and John Starks as assistant coaches and Gus Johnson as full time color commentator alongside Mike Breen and when Mike's on ESPN duty replace him with Bernard the King to team up with Gus.

I've been screaming about this for years.He would make an excellent defensive coach for Mike D'antoni!

The Knicks obviously need someone to tell D'antoni and his players that their rainbow threes are shenanigans from downtown and will continue draining and paining themselves towards sub five hundred seasons and that running and gunning is only good for wheeling and dealing a team out of the first round of the playoffs because playing with little defensive intensity on the opposite end of the court shows no fire and desire and allows the players on the opposing team to huff and stuff their way towards the baseline while having enough agility and mobility to blow past the Knicks front court.
    Last edited by knicksin60; May 07, 2011 at 14:35.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I've been screaming about this for years.He would make an excellent defensive coach for Mike D'antoni!

The Knicks obviously need someone to tell D'antoni and his players that their rainbow threes are shenanigans from downtown and will continue draining and paining themselves towards sub five hundred seasons and that running and gunning is only good for wheeling and dealing a team out of the first round of the playoffs because playing with little defensive intensity on the opposite end of the court shows no fire and desire and allows the players on the opposing team to huff and stuff their way towards the baseline while having enough agility and mobility to blow past the Knicks front court.

What evidence do we have that he would be a good coach/sideline motivator/schemer/run a practice effectively/make good personnel decisions?

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    What evidence do we have that he would be a good coach/sideline motivator/schemer/run a practice effectively/make good personnel decisions?
    None. That's why I said not every great player is a great coach.

I have a feeling he wouldn't want to deal with the players and rules in today's NBA.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    None. That's why I said not every great player is a great coach.

I have a feeling he wouldn't want to deal with the players and rules in today's NBA.
    Yeah man Clyde is chillin right now... Don't think he wants a high stress job like that.

He'd make a better coach than D'antoni for sure, one commentary listen of his games will tell you that.

I don't think Clyde wants to coach. He's never even tried to get a coaching gig, and he's living the good life doing what he's doing now. Personally, I don't blame him one bit.

I hope not. No one can replace Clyde at the mic and I would miss his shaking and baking comments. Love Clyde but if he coached I would end up blaming him and call him names .I don't want that...