Can Andrew Bynum be had?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think he would be a great addition to solidify our front court and may just be attainable depending on what direction LA decides to go. If they conclude it is time to tear it down they may look to shed salary and take back cheap young players.

LA Trades:

Andrew Bynum
Derek Fisher

NY Trades:

Chauncy Billups
Landry Fields
Bill Walker

LA gets a salary dump by giving up Bynum and Fisher for Billups expiring and two young promising players. NY gets another stop gap PG with championship experience and a young legit 7 foot center.

NOw I understand that this is a long shot and LA may really be hesitant to give up a young 7 footer but in their fragile state they just might do it.

Last edited:
After those cheap shots giving by Odom and Bynum I don't expect them to be back in Lakers uniforms next season. Since the LA sweepstakes, the rumurs have been flooding in. The talk in Laker land is niow about trading Fisher, Gasol, Odom, and Byum for Howard and CP3. Which puts NY in a bad position. There is going to be some heavy bargaining during the off season and the Knicks will have to play harder ball now to get Howard...who admitted plenty times of not liking cold weather.

The coaches will have a lot to do with the decision making too. These players know a defensive mind set coach is going to be a big part of their decision making.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
LA wouldn't do that.

If they move Bynum it's for a serious piece (see: Howard, Dwight; Paul, Chris).

I don't think Bynum even comes close to approaching those caliber of players. In a package deal I'm sure he could be a crucial piece and I'm sure there are other teams that can offer a better package hence why I said it was a long shot. I posted the possibility because the money works and it fills a need for both teams.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Nuggets offered Melo for Bynum, and the Lakers still turned it down.

The only way the Knicks are getting Bynum is if they offer Stoudemire. It's not worth it.

p0nder

Starter
Bynum is one of the most gifted players in the league, especially on the defensive end and around the glass but I don't want him.

He is stagnant in his growth as a player especially offensively. He is immature and moody, as evidenced by that foul on Barrea. He lacks the mental stability and fortitude to deal with the media. Overall, he is just not a great fit for the knicks.

And Pau gasol, tho i don't think he is on the table, right now HAS to be valued under his brother Marc, who is tearing shit up.

And Fisher is a good PG, but he is not nearly as good as Billups. Not that the proposal laid out in the OP would ever even be considered. We would have to give up more...

KBlack25

Starter
The Nuggets offered Melo for Bynum, and the Lakers still turned it down.

The only way the Knicks are getting Bynum is if they offer Stoudemire. It's not worth it.

This.

It doesn't matter what NY or anyone else perceives the value of Bynum to be. The Lakers value him highly and aren't going to take those pieces back in exchange. They want a stud for Bynum.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'd rather get Aaron Gray in a package with CP3. Bynum's price tag is way too high for what he actually brings on a game to game basis.

Gray could be a poor man's, more balanced, Bogut. He has more to his offensive game than Bogut, but with slightly less defensive instincts. He might even be more athletic than Bogut, but both can be injury prone.

One trade, one stone, two birds.

Only thing is, I think NO would rather keep a cheap young center and move Okafor's ridiculous contract.

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
D Fish is how old...Odom is just as old...
Bynum is way overated as a top center...Big yes..but C'Mon...Gasol...
nice center...but these guys for D Howard and CP3.....
Now that's some funny sh*t right there!!i

KBlack25

Starter
D Fish is how old...Odom is just as old...
Bynum is way overated as a top center...Big yes..but C'Mon...Gasol...
nice center...but these guys for D Howard and CP3.....
Now that's some funny sh*t right there!!i

Not saying they WILL get D12 and CP3, saying that's what they are looking for for Bynum. The team values him VERY highly.

Bynum is one of the most gifted players in the league, especially on the defensive end and around the glass but I don't want him.

And Pau gasol, tho i don't think he is on the table, right now HAS to be valued under his brother Marc, who is tearing shit up.

And Fisher is a good PG, but he is not nearly as good as Billups. Not that the proposal laid out in the OP would ever even be considered. We would have to give up more...

He is stagnant in his growth as a player especially offensively. He is immature and moody, as evidenced by that foul on Barrea. He lacks the mental stability and fortitude to deal with the media. Overall, he is just not a great fit for the knicks.

haha, I have to comment on this one.

this is the exact reason why Isiah thomas wouldnt Draft the guy, and every one on this site ripped thomas for passing up on him.

Zeke stated the exact same things, that he was too mentally weak to handle NY.

I hate thomas, but I had to comment on that cause i thought it was funny how we killed thomas for saying that, and you say the exact same thing lol

p0nder

Starter
lol

I'll be standing by that. The kid is just not mature enough to handle the pressure of the game. Odom is known for that streak as well, ever since his days as a clipper and even before then. Both of those guys are not the first choice for me as a knicks fan. Not that he wouldn't be an upgrade over our current Center options, just that i feel there are better fits for the team. Especially considering the price tag.

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
I'd rather get Aaron Gray in a package with CP3. Bynum's price tag is way too high for what he actually brings on a game to game basis.

Gray could be a poor man's, more balanced, Bogut. He has more to his offensive game than Bogut, but with slightly less defensive instincts. He might even be more athletic than Bogut, but both can be injury prone.

One trade, one stone, two birds.

Only thing is, I think NO would rather keep a cheap young center and move Okafor's ridiculous contract.
^^ This is the best post in the thread. :agreed:

/thread over

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
LA wouldn't do that.

If they move Bynum it's for a serious piece (see: Howard, Dwight; Paul, Chris).

I don't think Bynum's that high end, but I definitely don't believe the Lakers would trade a big for three back court players, either.

I think that LA might be able to trade Gasol, Odom, Walton and Brown for Howard, but if Orlando have to give up Dwight, Arenas will have to go with him. That's $40M+ right there. There'd have to be at least 4 teams involved.

Last edited: