Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your 2011/2012 NY Knicks

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Billups-Nolan Smith
    Fields-Leandro Barbosa-Douglas
    Melo-Shawn Williams
    Amare-Reggie Evans
    Dalembert-Turiaf-Jerome Jordan

I can see Barbosa being available cheap after downing his stock in toronto. and I can see us signing Reggie Evans some how.

Dalembert will be our main attraction, and with the lack of of guaranteed BIGS in the draft, as well as adding Dalembert, we will draft a solid PG in irving.

we would have speed, perimeter shooting to spread the floor for melo and amare

and 3 legitimate defensive minded big men

as well as a legitimate defensive rebounding back up PF to spell amare through out a long season

a solid back up young PG to follow billups around

I see this team winning 53-58 games

finishing top 3 in the east behind the heat and bulls.

and staying youthful, with cap space available for the following season.
    Reggie Evans is probably going to resign with the raptors. I watched their end of the year media coverage and the guy just gushed on and on about the city, the fans, the organization, How much his family likes it there, his team-mates etc. He publicly stated he was open to inking with them again on the cheap. I think he is a great role player too and he would be a great addition to the knicks, but I don't see him leaving Toronto. Every time I see you post his name I get the feeling you are disillusioning yourself a great amount.

Also Barbosa is a good role player but would still be too expensive for my tastes as a 6 man. He also didn't do a lot of anything in T.O. but I think that was more a case of the team not utilizing him in the correct situations. I suspect we can get a similar quality player for less. I also think he will land back in T.O. or a smaller market team needing players. Sacramento will probably be willing to pay for him.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Reggie Evans is probably going to resign with the raptors. I watched their end of the year media coverage and the guy just gushed on and on about the city, the fans, the organization, How much his family likes it there, his team-mates etc. He publicly stated he was open to inking with them again on the cheap. I think he is a great role player too and he would be a great addition to the knicks, but I don't see him leaving Toronto. Every time I see you post his name I get the feeling you are disillusioning yourself a great amount.

Also Barbosa is a good role player but would still be too expensive for my tastes as a 6 man. He also didn't do a lot of anything in T.O. but I think that was more a case of the team not utilizing him in the correct situations. I suspect we can get a similar quality player for less. I also think he will land back in T.O. or a smaller market team needing players. Sacramento will probably be willing to pay for him.
    I think Barbosa has a player option that all things considered he will probably take. In 2012 he would be available though but who knows what he does between now and then considering that will be a contract year?

I honestly think if the Knicks can get Wilson Chandler cheaper at a NY discount they should go for it. Sixth men usually get 7-10 million dollar contracts. If he agress to 5-6 MLE thats a great deal. If they get Dalembert this year then I can't see us getting a 6 man however I could see the Knicks trading for a SG who could benefit from playing under D'antoni like Rudy Fernandez for cheap.

Lurker

Billups/Fredette/AC
    Hill/Fields
    Melo/Williams
    STAT/Amundson
    Dalembert/Turiaf/Jordan

Originally Posted by Veritas
    Billups/Fredette/AC
    Hill/Fields
    Melo/Williams
    STAT/Amundson
    Dalembert/Turiaf/Jordan

So wait a minute, douglas vanishes ?

and is that george hill or grant hill at the 2

Lurker

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    So wait a minute, douglas vanishes ?

and is that george hill or grant hill at the 2
    Calm your nips bro I forgot aboot douglas. And that's Grant, I'm guessing you will respond buy saying he's a 3 not a 2?

Superstar

What do you think of the excess SG/SF the Grizzlies will have on their team going into next year. I would think there is a decent chance we could get a deal on 1 of them at the cost of a back up center in Turiaf for them to replace Marc Gasol with (assuming he leaves).

Gay is obviously not available. Tony Allen is likely untradable as well due to the value he has on defense.

Mayo, Sam Young, Xavier Henry...at least 1 has to go. I would really like Henry and hope he will be undervalued and sold on a discount. But Mayo is the most realistic. He's also an expiring contract so won't interfere with plans to sign Chris Paul.

I know he was about to be traded to Indiana for McRoberts and a 2011 1st round pick...I wonder now with Memphis in "win-now" mode if they will trade him for players that fit a need instead of having better upside.

Something like Mayo + Vasquez for Douglas + Turiaf

Billups
    Mayo
    Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Dalembert

Vasquez
    Fields
    Walker
    Faried/Morris
    Jordan

I like Vasquez. I wouldn't like trading Turiaf.

PG: Billups/ Watson/ Douglas/ Rautins
    SG: Fields/ Douglas/ Thompson
    SF: Carmelo/ Walker/ Balkman
    PF: Stoudemire/ Williams
    C: Dalembert/ Turiaf/ Jordan

Originally Posted by dave2138
    What do you think of the excess SG/SF the Grizzlies will have on their team going into next year. I would think there is a decent chance we could get a deal on 1 of them at the cost of a back up center in Turiaf for them to replace Marc Gasol with (assuming he leaves).

Gay is obviously not available. Tony Allen is likely untradable as well due to the value he has on defense.

Mayo, Sam Young, Xavier Henry...at least 1 has to go. I would really like Henry and hope he will be undervalued and sold on a discount. But Mayo is the most realistic. He's also an expiring contract so won't interfere with plans to sign Chris Paul.

I know he was about to be traded to Indiana for McRoberts and a 2011 1st round pick...I wonder now with Memphis in "win-now" mode if they will trade him for players that fit a need instead of having better upside.

Something like Mayo + Vasquez for Douglas + Turiaf

Billups
    Mayo
    Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Dalembert

Vasquez
    Fields
    Walker
    Faried/Morris
    Jordan
    +1
    I like Mayo and Vasquez. Mayo can provide solid scoring off the bench or can easily replace fields as the starting SG. Also, I can see Vasquez reaching his potential with Mr. Big Shot's help

I personally don't think we're gonna get Dalembert, he will likely want a multi-year contract & I think Dolan & Walsh are gonna want to make a run at CP3 in 2012.

I'm thinking this is a more realistic depth chart for next season:

C - Turiaf / Jeff Foster / Jerome Jordan
    PF - STAT / Kenneth Faried / Jeffries (ugh)
    SF - Melo / Shawne Williams / Balkman
    SG - Fields / Walker / Rautins
    PG - Billups / TD / AC

Originally Posted by STAT1
    I personally don't think we're gonna get Dalembert, he will likely want a multi-year contract & I think Dolan & Walsh are gonna want to make a run at CP3 in 2012.

I'm thinking this is a more realistic depth chart for next season:

C - Turiaf / Jeff Foster / Jerome Jordan
    PF - STAT / Kenneth Faried / Jeffries (ugh)
    SF - Melo / Shawne Williams / Balkman
    SG - Fields / Walker / Rautins
    PG - Billups / TD / AC
    This is the forecast in the thread that seems most likely.
    And ofcourse you've your boy AC coming back.. ;-)

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    This is the forecast in the thread that seems most likely.
    And ofcourse you've your boy AC coming back.. ;-)
    Every team needs a mascot