Why is it taking so long to re-up Walsh?

I'm interested in seeing whether or not MOA stays or goes. Keeping Walsh is a no-brainer. Could there be a coaching change that's holding things up?

p0nder

Starter
i'd say thats grasping at straws. with news that they'll be adding a defensive assistant, i would not expect there to be a head coaching change. As well as endorsements from Melo and Amar'e regarding the coach. I don't see a head coaching change in our near future...

Marek

Benchwarmer
I'm thinking that all of the panic around the April deadline for the extension was not Dolan's doing, after all.

Donnie seems to have a lot to discuss with Dolan, and plenty of patience for it. He's in no hurry to ink a deal because he's more motivated to get things right than he is to get job security ASAP.

Among the reports I've read, he's most worried about the players, his successors, and ultimately seeing the Knicks become legit contenders. Walsh will be back, and he'll be back on his own terms. That's my expectation, anyway.

Donnie wants to final say in all basketball related decisions because he felt Dolan pulled the trigger to early on the Melo trade and gave up too many assets. They are talking about maybe signing Doc Rivers for Gm if he wants a go at it.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
donnie should have been exe of the year... what he did to bring back the knicks is going to be legendary.... i didn't think we would have a snowballs chance in hell for another decade... you rock donnie... time to give him complete control of the whole org. go knickerbockers.... and a special congrats to an old knick p.j. the one man fouling machine.... keep n.y. in mind if you get bored in monnnnnnnontana...

I'd like Walsh to stay. He's done a good job so far. Whatever happens happens though and I'd rather see it happen today than tomorrow!

Summer Leaue play is starting in about 2 months and the Draft is even weeks before that, we need our staff to be established way before that, in case Walsh doesn't stay.

Come on Donnie sign the ****ing documents and let's go again!
Trade for CP3 in february and sign a new headcoach in 2012 and I'll love you for the rest of my life! (no homo)

KBlack25

Starter
I think it's probably because Dolan took control of negotiations for Melo and did not let Walsh do his job. Walsh probably wants some sort of assurance he will be given the opportunity to do what he was hired to do.