Phil Jackson to Coach the Knicks????

"I can tell you he was open to going to the Knicks in 2005, then the Laker job opened up," Buss said in February before Jackson made what may be his last Garden appearance as coach.
"The Knicks job would bring him full circle and I wouldn't stop him. I am in New York several days every month for business. That being said, the Knicks have a very good coach and are doing very well. So it shouldn't matter."
Speculation on Jackson's future is in full gear after the Lakers ended their reign in despicable fashion: a four-game sweep in Dallas culminated by Sunday's 122-86 Game 4 massacre.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/anything_possible_15GhCdRbTXnF1KxnX3YgsI
Also listen to Frank Isola on Steven A. Smith's podcast.

What do you guys think if we get Phil Jack. in 2012, Do you think we do a good job in the Triangle? I mean Melo is probably as good as Kobe in the Triangle from an offensive stand point and if we have Cp3 you have to figure he's the best Pg out there for Phil Jack's system.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Phil Jackson retired from basketball. I guess you've missed it.

He's "retiring" from the the Lakers because he realizes their rain is over asstard. It's the same thing he did with Chicago. He might take the year off, but i'll be damned if he's not back in the summer of 2012.

knicksin60

Starter
Are you sure he would be the right man for the job? You're having way too much confidence on a guy who's probably never watched a basketball game in his life and would do just as good of a job coaching the Knicks as Lady Gaga would.

Does this guy even look like someone you would want leading Amar'e and Melo towards a title run?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413946/

Are you sure he would be the right man for the job? You're having way too much confidence on a guy who's probably never watched a basketball game in his life and would do just as good of a job coaching the Knicks as Lady Gaga would.

Does this guy even look like someone you would want leading Amar'e and Melo towards a title run?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413946/

That's the worst attempt of a windup I've ever seen bro :cool:

I think Jackson will be back, either this summer or next summer. I absolutely can't imagine him leaving basketball after a sweep. I'd say he'll coach for another 2-3 years and then retire.

I'd love to get him. After all he's won 11 rings so he definitely knows his business. Having said that, nobody could win a championship with our current roster...we need CP3 or another great point guard, plus a legit center and a rebounder who's coming off the bench. A SG wouldn't hurt either.

I can actually see this happening. Imagine us running the triangle with Melo instead of Kobe and Amare instead of Pau. The only problem is that i don't think Cp3 would fit the triangle offense. The triangle offense requires a decent shot first point guard, TD would be perfect.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
The only reason i can see him coming here would be because we finally might be a really good team again (as long as we continue to add pieces).

We know he's only going to go to a team that is loaded...

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
The only reason i can see him coming here would be because we finally might be a really good team again (as long as we continue to add pieces).

We know he's only going to go to a team that is loaded...

Especially 05-06 and 06-07 Lakers were loaded as hell.

He took over a Laker team that had shaq and kobe

yeah but he also stuck with the lakers before they won their most recent back to back titles, after Rudy tomjonavich bowed out, Jackson came back and helped rebuild this team, people forget they werent title contenders again until they got derek fisher back from the jazz, and made that trade for gasol and bynum developed. before that they had kwame brown, smush parker, chris mihm and luke walton as the side show bobs for kobe bryant.

so if you are going to tell me that what we have now, isnt a better starting point than the team phil jackson came back to the lakers for then youre incredibly mislead.

Phil jackson didnt take over a necessarily loaded bulls team either, despite the fact they had jordan and pippen, those two werent the jordan and pippen of the phil jackson era, they were young athletes who didnt play as a team and would get demolished by the pistons every year.

phil doesnt get enough credit for drawing good players to come play for him, and turning them into a "team" with a game plan, and a defensive mind set.

When phil initially came to the lakers they did have shaq, but other than that no one knew what kobe would turn into he was coming off the bench for an aging eddie jones at the time, derek fisher was a nobody late draft pick, and shaq was considered a big brute who only cared about fame and his rapping career after getting schooled by olajuwan in the finals. Phil jackson not only coaches great players, but he helps players become great, and he would be perfect for Melo at this juncture in his career, and in terms of a shoot first pg ? if billups can resign with us for 3 more years at cheap, and douglas can progress; those two would be perfect in the triangle, both can shoot the three, understand defense and are high IQ pg's which is what phil loves, well BIllups is high IQ, but if you noticed the progress of douglas under the tutelage of billups, you can only imagine having phil jackson and billups in douglas's ear every game, he would turn into the best back up pg in the league; which he might arguably already be going into next season.

see Paxson, BJ armstrong, Derek Fisher, Bobby Hanson, Ron Harper ( I know ron harper wasnt a pg, but he started there for those bulls teams and similar to Billups he was a guy who can handle the ball, take big shots and run the offense correctly).

In truth im salivating at the idea of him sitting on the side lines

word is his hips are better, his knees are no longer an issue, and he is going into a weight loss program to drop some pounds to alleviate the stress on his body.

I can only imagine he would want to come full circle follow in red holzman's footsteps i.e. his hero; and take the knicks to glory walking away as the most dominant coach ever.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/anything_possible_15GhCdRbTXnF1KxnX3YgsI
Also listen to Frank Isola on Steven A. Smith's podcast.

What do you guys think if we get Phil Jack. in 2012, Do you think we do a good job in the Triangle? I mean Melo is probably as good as Kobe in the Triangle from an offensive stand point and if we have Cp3 you have to figure he's the best Pg out there for Phil Jack's system.

In the triangle you don't even really need a great pg tbh.

true, I created a thread about this a few months ago, titled

"imagine the knicks running the triangle offense" ill post below what i stated then.

icon1.gif
could you imagine this team running the triangle offense
now just imagine

amare in gasols role

melo in kobes role

billups in fishers role

shawn williams in odoms role

and fields in artests role

if you know basketball and you understand how to win games then you realize why im posting this

dantoni is only effective with a pg who is capable of keep his dribble alive hitting the three pnt at 40 percent and running the pick and role to perferction, with out that defenses can sit back and allow the knicks to freeze offense until they turn the ball over

if we ran the triangle the amount of isolation and mid range buckets available to melo and amare would be incredible.

not a possiblity i know

but definitely worth debating.

your thoughts

Listen to Bill Simmons' latest podcast with Mike Lucpica and Marc Stein. Phil Jackson is still close friends with all of his former Knicks' teamates and we could of had Him in 05-06 but the Lakers offer was much better.

He also would do this to honor his coach and mentor Red Holzman:gony::smokin:

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
He's "retiring" from the the Lakers because he realizes their rain is over asstard. It's the same thing he did with Chicago. He might take the year off, but i'll be damned if he's not back in the summer of 2012.

I love the irony of you calling someone an asstard and using the word rain instead of reign in the same sentence.

Some of the basketball knowledge on this forum is good, but I mostly stick around because the posts are usually pretty hilarious.

Wargames

Starter
icon1.gif
could you imagine this team running the triangle offense
now just imagine

amare in gasols role

melo in kobes role

billups in fishers role

shawn williams in odoms role

and fields in artests role

if you know basketball and you understand how to win games then you realize why im posting this

dantoni is only effective with a pg who is capable of keep his dribble alive hitting the three pnt at 40 percent and running the pick and role to perferction, with out that defenses can sit back and allow the knicks to freeze offense until they turn the ball over

if we ran the triangle the amount of isolation and mid range buckets available to melo and amare would be incredible.

not a possiblity i know

but definitely worth debating.

your thoughts

I will say this getting Jackson would make sense from a cap space POV since we would only need the two maxes we have to be competitive instead of acquiring a 3rd Star. However Shawne Williams is not Odom or even Odom lite..... We had a dude like that but I don't wanna go there.

Honestly if we drafted Faried you would hope he could take the role Rodman had since the Knicks would have the personnel to be a hybrid of the Lakers and the Bulls version of the Triangle.

The other interesting aspect of going for Jackson is that roster moves wouldn't be a clear sign if Donnie wanted Jackson to come here or not until 2012 and CP3. With CP3 D'antoni system would very likely be highly successful again but a combination of Billups [if his age doesn't catch up], Douglas, and Carter [if his age doesn't catch up] could run the Triangle for a few years easy.