Fields makes All-Rookie First Team

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
good find or re-visit to that topic of conversation. i'd like mayo as our SG as well, but hes played real well in the playoffs, even if the grizz are willing to trade him, someones probably gonna offer them a better package than we can.

good find or re-visit to that topic of conversation. i'd like mayo as our SG as well, but hes played real well in the playoffs, even if the grizz are willing to trade him, someones probably gonna offer them a better package than we can.

Yup, plus there is always the danger he might end up beeing Jamal Crawford 2.0 under this coaching staff...which means taking 20-25 shots a game and playing a little 1 on 5 on offense :teeth:

Don't get me wrong, Jamal is good now in ATL, I'm talking about the Jamal under Isiah.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
They were in New Orleans back in the 70s with Pete Maravich and Gail Goodrich. Then relocated to Utah to avoid going bankrupt.

Fields is a good trade asset, that's for sure. I hope we use him in a trade for CP3 DWill or Kemba Walker!

I don't think his skills will improve, the first half of the season showed who he is, imo he can't be anything more than that. A solid player, a 10.5ppg 7.6 rpg 2.5 apg player and that's it. I mean his jumpshot is so fundamentally wrong, in his mid 20s there is no chance it'll change during the summer. He doesn't even jump when he shoots. Robert 'Tractor' Trayler style lol

Of course his decision making and passing will improve from experience but his jumper...no chance! It's too flawed and he's not 16-17 anymore. This guy needs to learn the shooting technique from scratch, but his age and with the limited practice time I can't see him improving. What an ugly ugly shot. Definitely top 10 ugly shots in the NBA right now.
Jason Kidd.

Jason Kidd.

Good remark!

I have to agree with you, although I think J-Kidd had a better shooting technique from the get-go. Not much but it was better, the release and the positioning of the arms.

What I find so irritating about Landry's shot is that a guy in his 20's with a 39 inch vertical barely get's his feet off the ground while shooting. He should actually try jumping and work on his release (the way he rolls his fingers and the positioning of his arms). I'm not a shooting coach, but even I can see that his shooting technique is weird and flawed.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Good remark!

I have to agree with you, although I think J-Kidd had a better shooting technique from the get-go. Not much but it was better, the release and the positioning of the arms.

What I find so irritating about Landry's shot is that a guy in his 20's with a 39 inch vertical barely get's his feet off the ground while shooting. He should actually try jumping and work on his release (the way he rolls his fingers and the positioning of his arms). I'm not a shooting coach, but even I can see that his shooting technique is weird and flawed.
Well, gotta give him credit for being Mr. Chemistry too. He doesn't take a lot of shots, and a lot of his points are cutting to the basket. I think his shooting looks fine, especially when you compare it to Shawn Marion, not that Shawn Marion is a great shooter, but it shows you don't need to have a good looking form. I care more about Fields getting back to his pre-trade form and improving his ball handling and defense. Having range and shooting it well consistently is great for spacing, but his pre-trade play is enough for me with the two superstars on our team. The dude lead all guards in rebounding! Imagine his averages for that goes up!

I think if he gets back to his pre-trade form with improving the things I've said, he could be an All-Star.

STAT1

Starter
Nice honor for Fields, he deserved it. But he needs to do some serious work over the summer on his ball handling, shooting off the dribble skills & defensive recognition. I hope to see big improvement in those areas in the coming season.