Delonte West

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He also fu-... Damn it! Too slow.

Isn't he a bit of a handful though (no that's not a Lebron's mum joke), starts fights with teammates and such?
Dunno about that. He's had incidents with the law.

Hopefully he's matured, because I think he'd be perfect for what our team needs and wouldn't hurt the cap.

finestrg

Rotation player
He's very serviceable but for somewhere around $1M bucks if not more (there may be competition for his services) I'd take my chances with guys I think have the same or even higher upside, many, if not all, for much cheaper:

(1) Draft Kemba Walker. Either trade up a few slots to get him or take him at 17 if he slips. He's a longshot for us but definitely tops on our draft list if we can get him. The one guy on the list that'll cost a little more than West even if we got him at 17 (which has a starting salary somewhere around $1.5M I believe), but he'd be a no-brainer.

(2) Invite 6'3" Ben Hansbrough to training camp or grab him in the 2nd round (we'll probably have to acquire a 2nd rounder somehow and target him--no way he'll make it through 60 picks. Someone will take him). I like him better than Fredette. I personally thought Fredette was awful his last game against Florida, at least down the stretch of that game in OT. Just because you hit one 30 footer Jimmer, doesn't mean you keep looking for it with the game on the line. Even the one he hit wasn't a good shot--not with 29 seconds on the shotclock..Abysmal shot-selection in BYU's most important game of the year. He shot them right out of that game. Not only that, he came off very selfish and displayed no PG skills down the stretch of that game whatsoever. Hansbrough's a much better get with better value much later in this draft. I think he's the better all-around player -- just as good a shooter, better athlete, better penetrator with a better first step, with more PG tendencies. No way I'd burn the pick on Fredette at 17 if I knew I could get Ben Hansbrough much later.

(3) Immediately sign 6'3" Curtis Stinson of the Iowa Energy for training camp. MVP of the NBDL and NBDL champion this season. Not a real threat from behind the arc, that's the only thing with this guy, but otherwise he's a very solid floor general: can orchestrate, good assist man, very good penetrator, good mid-range jumpshooter, solid defensively and he's tough as nails and very strong. Very consistent, steady performer with a lot of confidence. About the same age as West --- West probably gets a contract in the $1M dollar range, maybe more and maybe even longer than 1 yr---we could probably get this guy Stinson right now for around 400-500K.

(4) Invite 6'1" Curtis Jerrells to training camp. Remember this guy from Baylor? To me, he has a very similar game to Brandon Jennings. I think there's a lot of upside here. Like Stinson, this is a guy we could probably secure for around 400-500K.

(5) I'd defintely look into signing 6'5" G Matt Bouldin to a reasonable, cap-friendly contract. I'm thinking about this guy as more of a SG but he can handle the ball real well for a 2 and he has superior court vision. Good shooter and he's very strong and tough..Does a lot of things well actually. Would be a great role player here. If I'm Donnie, this guy's wearing a Knick uniform next year. I like Andy Rautins but this kid's more skilled & better all-around. Dude's EXACTLY the player the Knicks would like Rautins to be. Rautins may never develop PG skills like they hope. This kid Bouldin already has some.

(6) Acquire a mid 2nd rounder and target 6'3" Demetri McCamey. I see a rich man's Chris Duhon/poor man's Chauncey Billups here possibly. I just read an interview with him where he said he has a workout with the Knicks already planned. 2nd round consideration. 1st round might be a reach.

(7) Sign Patrick Mills. For the money, say somewhere similar to what Delonte West gets (probably less), I like his skill-set and upside more. I really liked him at St. Mary's. He's been buried on the bench out in Portland the past couple of years (actually this year he got a little time when Armon Johnson was out for a stretch) but he can play in this league. If we consider an already pro-level PG for reasonable money, based on pure upside and ability, I think I like this guy the most out of anyone else we're talking about who's available: Delonte West, TJ Ford, Earl Watson, Carlos Arroyo, Jason Williams, Sebastian Telfair, Chris Quinn, Royal Ivey, pint-sized JJ Barea...even Anthony Carter..None of those names really enthrall me..I actually find Ben Uzoh intriguing. Again, upside & bang for the buck. Jersey probably looks to keep this guy though, as a backup for D-Will on the cheap. I know I would if I were them.

(8) Bring in 6'2" Pittsburgh guard Ashton Gibbs for a private workout and see if he can actually play the point. If he can, consider him with a 2nd round pick we acquire somehow. Kid can definitely shoot the ball. Might be a better alternative over Rautins; TD too maybe (esp. if either gets dealt). He's a junior and probably goes back to school (although he may not--what if he stays on at Pitt for his senior year and winds up hurting his stock? Say the 3-pt % takes a nose-dive, etc..We've seen players make that mistake before..Although if he were to go back to play the point instead of resuming his role off the ball, he definitely should go back to school. That would improve his stock greatly if he showed he could handle it. It'll all depend on how coach Dixon would want to use him next season)...If he stays in the draft, bring him in for a closer look. This is probably a dead end but explore it.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
You mean this Delonte West?

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers guard Delonte West is facing weapons charges after being pulled over on his motorcycle while carrying a small arsenal near his Maryland home late Thursday night.
Prince George's County police said West was carrying two concealed handguns and a shotgun when he was pulled over on Interstate 495 near his offseason home in Brandywine, Md. around 10 p.m. Corporal Clinton Copeland said West was speeding and cut off a police cruiser while riding on his three-wheeled 2009 Can-Am Spyder motorcycle.
After being stopped West informed police he was carrying a gun in his waistband, which was a 9mm Beretta. Police also found a Ruger .357 strapped to his leg and a shotgun inside a guitar case that was slung over his back. West was traveling alone.

STAT1

Starter
New York's gotta keep it gangsta.

delonte-west_-zombie-takeover3.jpg

e-gall-hayek-banderas-395x298.jpg

SpaceJam

Rookie
CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers guard Delonte West is facing weapons charges after being pulled over on his motorcycle while carrying a small arsenal near his Maryland home late Thursday night.
Prince George's County police said West was carrying two concealed handguns and a shotgun when he was pulled over on Interstate 495 near his offseason home in Brandywine, Md. around 10 p.m. Corporal Clinton Copeland said West was speeding and cut off a police cruiser while riding on his three-wheeled 2009 Can-Am Spyder motorcycle.
After being stopped West informed police he was carrying a gun in his waistband, which was a 9mm Beretta. Police also found a Ruger .357 strapped to his leg and a shotgun inside a guitar case that was slung over his back. West was traveling alone.
LOL wtf? Why was he carrying 2 handguns and a shotgun lmao is he in the mafia or some ****.