Need to trade Stephen Marbury...

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Stephen Marbury has been so inept these Olympics that I'm beginning to entertain the thought of trading him. He looks clueless out there. He looked out matched in the Nets playoff series. He can't hit a outside shot. He's still one of the tops in the league but I think Isiah may need to consider trading him away to improve this team size and cap-wise.

I propose trading him for Clippers 6'7" point guard Shaun Livingston.

jayp

Benchwarmer
give him a break man... international game is ways different from the NBA, i admit he is struggling making outside shots but at least now he can work on it.. give him a full season with healthy players AND THEN let's see if he can be NY's saviour..

newmove

Rotation player
Damn!
The stupidest thing I've ever heard! Trade Stephon?! No way! We need him, he's our saviour! If there's a man on our team we must never trade then it's Stephon. Just recall the last season ending when Steph joined us and we started winning games. Plus he brings crowd to the MSG.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I agree that Starbury has been shooting really bad in the Olympics, but you can expect between 15 and 20+ points in the regular season from him. Plus his passing been really good in the olympics and maybe this experience will teach him how to run the team better. In the olympics the refs are not calling the contact in the paint, so if Marbury drives which is his strength, he will get hammered and not go to the line where in the NBA he would.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
We have to hold on to Steph...the reason he looked so bad in the playoffs was because Houston was out and we had no shooting...
think how good he looked (and the Knicks played) when he had Houston and KVH on the wings...if Houston is healthy the D can't cheat off of him and it will open up so much more for Steph...plus, who would you rather have running the point?
This being said...are there any free agent "shooters" left. I think that is a big weakness for this team (after Houston of course).

jayp said:
give him a break man... international game is ways different from the NBA, i admit he is struggling making outside shots but at least now he can work on it.. give him a full season with healthy players AND THEN let's see if he can be NY's saviour..

Steph is a great player but he's no superstar yet. I'm tired of the "Intrnational game is different" excuse! Steph passes up so many wide open 15 foot shots it's hard to watch. Larry brown can't stop Steph from shooting wide open shots, if Brown complains so what! Play someone else then Mr. Brown!!!

JJtheKnick

Starter
whats wrong with you guys. marbury is the best PG in the NBA adn you can say kidd is but he is hurt and getting surgry so he is out right now. marbury is a superstar he plays the game with such intensity. i would have no onther PG on my team other then marbury. not a superstar whats a superstar to you.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
lol. what i dont get is if u wanna trade steph, y would u gamble on shaun livingston we cuold get a gauranteed marquee player for steph. why eisk it on somone who ahsnt played an nba game

JJtheKnick said:
whats wrong with you guys. marbury is the best PG in the NBA adn you can say kidd is but he is hurt and getting surgry so he is out right now. marbury is a superstar he plays the game with such intensity. i would have no onther PG on my team other then marbury. not a superstar whats a superstar to you.
Nobody wants the Knicks to win a Championship more than me guys! I've been suffering out here in So California for over thirty years since the last Knick championship! I have dozens of friends who are die hard Laker fans and I hang out at local sports bars with thousands of Laker fans! I hate the Lakers with a passion & I go to battle out here every week in support of our Knicks. I think Isiah is the man to finally turn things around but I think the Knicks need a few changes to get back to the championship. You all love Kurt Thomas but I know he is not a legitimate starting power forward, he's a good backup and that's all, he's also boring to watch! Find a fool GM to take him in and the Knicks will begin to soar again!!! Trust me!
Here is my idea of a Superstar J.J.! Here's some of my favorite legitimate NBA Superstars, former & present. Bird, Jordan, Magic, Bernard King, Shaq, Kobe, Olajuwon, Bill Russell, Walton, Havlicek, Isiah, W. Frazier, Reed, Monroe, Debusschere, Dr. J, Wilt, K. Mchale, Barkley, Pete Maravich, & Kareem. Good night now!

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
u say that kurt tohmas is boring to watch...... well if u ask me and it was put up on this site before i think duncan = boring = 2 championships = mvp.. dont matter if its boring

JJtheKnick

Starter
hey hey the people here in NY want a championship more then anyone. i woudl give anyhting to see a knick championship and i get the feeling we are really close.

newmove

Rotation player
I am the game said:
Nobody wants the Knicks to win a Championship more than me guys! I've been suffering out here in So California for over thirty years since the last Knick championship! I have dozens of friends who are die hard Laker fans and I hang out at local sports bars with thousands of Laker fans! I hate the Lakers with a passion & I go to battle out here every week in support of our Knicks.
Word! Respect!

I'm wit you brother!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Kurt does the dirty work for us. He does things that don't show up in stats. He sets MOST of the picks to make the offense run. He is a hustler and got mad heart. He is a big part of our defense. You might say he is boring to watch because he doesn't dunk the ball all the time, but you can bet money on his 15 foot jumper. You don't need a superstar on every position like Detroit showed us last season. We need good team players and Kurt is definetely one of the best overall TEAM PLAYER we have

JJtheKnick

Starter
ture i would love it if we can get a pretty good center with out giving up kurt i want him in the PF slot more then anyone else on the knicks.

Edited
Don't quote the last message!

newmove

Rotation player
Yeah JJ's right. I'd like Kurt to stay but I don't see any possibility of him staying with us getting some nice center. If Isiah decides to trade Kurt then the other option must be breathtaking.

idk i would trade stephon 4 livingston he looks good and will be realy big when he gets olda but we dont need him hes a sg and marbury is a pg n we need 1, i would trdae him 4 crawford thoo or houston,w ell deff houston

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The thing I love about this forum, is that everyone that submits to the site loves the Knicks! I don't like when I read craziness! Marbury for Carter... maybe, but for Livingston!? Absolutely not! Carter brings crowds and energy and frees up a spot for Crawford. Logical move. Marbury is top 5 in the NBA at his position. Why would any team trade that? As well, the international game is extremely different. It's like us in North America going to England and driving a car. Takes getting use to. Example the U.S. Teams kills anyone who plays man to man. When the zone is employed, no team has to be really good defensively, cause there's no 3 in the key in Internation ball. So you really don't have to guard anyone. You can stand around and wait to block shots. The NBA is the best basketball league in the world, and alot of these players aren't there...that says something doesn't it?

newmove

Rotation player
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
idk i would trade stephon 4 livingston
Happy first of April! :lol:
What kind of joke was that?! No way we should trade Stephon for either of whom. Stephon is our saviour, remember, when he arrived we started winning and became a real threat on the division..

Trin_Starr

Starter
Ok, the person who started this thread has little faith.
Steph has been the knicks savior and today he was America's savior.
31 pts - Olympic Record for a US man
6-9 3Pt shooting - Olympic Record for most 3ptrs in a US game
4 assists
Against the best team in the Olympics with a 5-0 record

As soon as a guy has one or two bad games, people are ready to trade him.....I hope this Superstar Olympic performance has changed your one dimensional thinking!