LeBron James and Dwyane Wade will torment the Knicks in coming years just as Michael

The three of them - I am talking about Those Guys from Miami - playing this way against the Celtics, finishing the way they did against the Celtics, is not just a nightmare for the rest of the NBA. It is a nightmare for the Knicks most of all.
This is just the start of it for LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and Chris (Ringo) Bosh in South Beach, whether they make it to the NBA Finals this time or not. They aren't going anywhere. It is bad for everybody, and that includes Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant and all the other fine young basketball warriors in a sport that is loaded with them right now. It is just worse for the Knicks. Much.
Because if they are ever going to win the team's first championship since 1973, they are going to have to go through LeBron and Wade and them.
Our guys. Those Guys.
And maybe that will be as much of a job for these Knicks as it was for Patrick Ewing and friends in the early 1990s, when they were asked to go through Michael Jordan. It doesn't mean that either LeBron or Dwyane Wade is Michael Jordan. Neither one of them is, as immensely gifted as No. 6 and No. 3 are. It sure doesn't mean they are ever going to win as many titles together as Michael won when his wingman was Scottie Pippen.
Still: They are going to win even if they don't win right now, even if they have the kind of matchup problems with the Bulls ? provided the Bulls can survive their own matchup problems with the Hawks ? that the Lakers just had with Dallas. It is a fact that Rajon Rondo was playing one-handed against the Heat, and that Shaq at the end was broke-down and useless. I still never believed anybody could go 16-0 on these Celtics at the end of a game and at the end of a series the way the Heat did on Wednesday night.
But they sure did. Nightmare on South Beach, just not for Pat Riley's All-Stars. Just for everybody else in the league. Starting with our kids on 33rd Street. They can tell themselves that they've got their two stars in Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire and that another one might be on the way in Chris Paul. Or Dwight Howard. The silliness has already begun with both of them. It is the same kind of big, big-city silliness that had people actually believe the 2010-11 Knicks actually had a chance in the first round of the playoffs against the Celtics.
You want to know the reality of this edition of the Knicks, as giddy as everybody got because they made the playoffs for the first time in seven years? The Knicks got swept by a team that nearly got swept by the Miami Heat. The way the New York Rangers nearly got swept by a Capitals team that turned around and got swept by the Tampa Bay Lightning.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Melo- The Lebron killer

Not gonna happen bud. Stop overreacting to recent play of the Heat. Very streaky team.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Child please, Donnie built the Knicks to counterract the Heat, Melo always plays hard against Lebron and Amare will eat Bosh for lunch and if we get CP3 then we'll beat them handily they still are and always will be a bunch of pussy's

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
WE will own the Dream Team when we land CP3. We will be a force to be reckoned with once our tandem is CP3/Amare/Melo. We will not be stopped.

And random side point--After watching the entire Heat/Celtics series, and the way LeBron and Wade hugged it out after that game last night- My hatred is 100X stronger for the Heat than the Celtics ever was.

Blumatic

Rotation player
WE will own the Dream Team when we land CP3. We will be a force to be reckoned with once our tandem is CP3/Amare/Melo. We will not be stopped.

And random side point--After watching the entire Heat/Celtics series, and the way LeBron and Wade hugged it out after that game last night- My hatred is 100X stronger for the Heat than the Celtics ever was.

THANK YOU.

I hate the Heat. Knick fans jumping up and down yelling "Ding Dong the witch is dead" when a monster may have been awakened in Miami.

If CP3 gets here we will have an advantage over them but it will only work if we play the defense Miami plays. I wish Greg Popovich would leave the Spurs and come here.

Marek

Benchwarmer
As soon as I clicked on the link and saw who the article was written by I didn't bother reading it.

Same here.

As a side note, I miss Brandon Tierney. I pretty much have no reason to listen to that station anymore (except for Bill Daughtry).

KingCharles34

All Star
Miami >> until CP3 arrives

wade and lebron do remind me of jordan and pippen im not gonna lie theres gonna be classic battles between the knicks, heat, and bulls these 3 teams will sh*t on the east next year

petescud

Starter
I like our chances, especially if we upgrade our center position, and add a few better role players...i don;t see CP3 coming unless Billipps is part of the trade (which could be a possibility)

OakTree

Rookie
Post was actually an article by Mike Lupica of NY Daily News. Sorry, folks--I'm from the other side of the world, who is Mike Lupica?

"Starting with our kids on 33rd Street. They can tell themselves that they've got their two stars in Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire and that another one might be on the way in Chris Paul. Or Dwight Howard. The silliness has already begun with both of them. It is the same kind of big, big-city silliness that had people actually believe the 2010-11 Knicks actually had a chance in the first round of the playoffs against the Celtics."

But we did have a chance in that series. I don't know who he is, but someone please tell Lupica that Miami's thattaway -->.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
yeah Wade and James are true superstars of the NBA. Best players at their respective positions, no doubt about it. Imagine how would Heat play if they had a Center, a PG and bench. 70 wins year after year.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
yeah Wade and James are true superstars of the NBA. Best players at their respective positions, no doubt about it. Imagine how would Heat play if they had a Center, a PG and bench. 70 wins year after year.

I too agree w the Pippen/ Jordan comparison. Wade and Bron are the best at their respective positions AND THEY'RE ON THE SAME TEAM, as were Jordan and Pippen. It's a fair parallel.

We'll need Chris Paul if we want to get past the Heat in a playoff series in the future. I'm really starting to think they'll win it all this year, to my utter shagrin. :barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Wargames

Starter
this is fairweather fan panic mode Journalism. Look Wade and James beat the Celtics. Cool the heat we're at full strength, younger, played defense, and we're able to take advantage of a the Celtics in the Paint. Lets see how they do against the Bulls who skilled PG is a nightmare for them defensively, not to mention the Bulls Defense and Noah. Then if they get pass that lets see them beat one of the two teams from the west with their Defensive Bigs and High level scoring. Then we can start comparing them to the Bulls and even that would be a stretch.

But at the local level the Knicks are building to beat Miami's butt and have been since Lebron's decision. Right now we don't even know who will be on the Knicks next year let alone if a defensive assistant will work or if we will have a new coach in 2012. So Don't worry and Lupica lost a million sports media points in my book for this article.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Wtf ?

The three of them - I am talking about Those Guys from Miami - playing this way against the Celtics, finishing the way they did against the Celtics, is not just a nightmare for the rest of the NBA. It is a nightmare for the Knicks most of all.
This is just the start of it for LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and Chris (Ringo) Bosh in South Beach, whether they make it to the NBA Finals this time or not. They aren't going anywhere. It is bad for everybody, and that includes Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant and all the other fine young basketball warriors in a sport that is loaded with them right now. It is just worse for the Knicks. Much.
Because if they are ever going to win the team's first championship since 1973, they are going to have to go through LeBron and Wade and them.
Our guys. Those Guys.
And maybe that will be as much of a job for these Knicks as it was for Patrick Ewing and friends in the early 1990s, when they were asked to go through Michael Jordan. It doesn't mean that either LeBron or Dwyane Wade is Michael Jordan. Neither one of them is, as immensely gifted as No. 6 and No. 3 are. It sure doesn't mean they are ever going to win as many titles together as Michael won when his wingman was Scottie Pippen.
Still: They are going to win even if they don't win right now, even if they have the kind of matchup problems with the Bulls – provided the Bulls can survive their own matchup problems with the Hawks – that the Lakers just had with Dallas. It is a fact that Rajon Rondo was playing one-handed against the Heat, and that Shaq at the end was broke-down and useless. I still never believed anybody could go 16-0 on these Celtics at the end of a game and at the end of a series the way the Heat did on Wednesday night.
But they sure did. Nightmare on South Beach, just not for Pat Riley's All-Stars. Just for everybody else in the league. Starting with our kids on 33rd Street. They can tell themselves that they've got their two stars in Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire and that another one might be on the way in Chris Paul. Or Dwight Howard. The silliness has already begun with both of them. It is the same kind of big, big-city silliness that had people actually believe the 2010-11 Knicks actually had a chance in the first round of the playoffs against the Celtics.
You want to know the reality of this edition of the Knicks, as giddy as everybody got because they made the playoffs for the first time in seven years? The Knicks got swept by a team that nearly got swept by the Miami Heat. The way the New York Rangers nearly got swept by a Capitals team that turned around and got swept by the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I don't think so We have 2 Superstar players...I wont even waste my time arguing with you on this point. I will be fun to watch them go at it 4-11 times a year. Are you serious stop suckiong Lebum and Dwadees Dick yo and have some friggin confidence in your team MORON....

Last edited:
We were all laughing at the Heat in January and February, we completely despise them, but guess what at the end of the season they're gonna win the trophy!

You know it's gonna happen! The Bulls can't stop them. Dallas are good, but they were good in 2006 aswell and got robbed. They'll get robbed again. Lebitch wins his first ring and the NBA is happy.

They're playing some quality ball aswell, just to make that clear!

And yes I'm afraid of them in coming years, I think we'll meet them in the Conf. Finals over the next 3-4 years and lose...the problem with Lebron and Wade is: They're great on offense and also quality on defense. That's what akes them so good. Bosh isn't a bad player either.

I don't think so We have 2 Superstar players...I wont even waste my time arguing with you on this point. I will be fun to watch them go at it 4-11 times a year. Are you serious stop suckiong Lebum and Dwadees Dick yo and have some friggin confidence in your team MORON....
I didn't write this, this is an article...