Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade will torment the Knicks in coming years just as Michael

  1. #16
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    yeah Wade and James are true superstars of the NBA. Best players at their respective positions, no doubt about it. Imagine how would Heat play if they had a Center, a PG and bench. 70 wins year after year.
    I too agree w the Pippen/ Jordan comparison. Wade and Bron are the best at their respective positions AND THEY'RE ON THE SAME TEAM, as were Jordan and Pippen. It's a fair parallel.

    We'll need Chris Paul if we want to get past the Heat in a playoff series in the future. I'm really starting to think they'll win it all this year, to my utter shagrin.

  2. #17
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    this is fairweather fan panic mode Journalism. Look Wade and James beat the Celtics. Cool the heat we're at full strength, younger, played defense, and we're able to take advantage of a the Celtics in the Paint. Lets see how they do against the Bulls who skilled PG is a nightmare for them defensively, not to mention the Bulls Defense and Noah. Then if they get pass that lets see them beat one of the two teams from the west with their Defensive Bigs and High level scoring. Then we can start comparing them to the Bulls and even that would be a stretch.

    But at the local level the Knicks are building to beat Miami's butt and have been since Lebron's decision. Right now we don't even know who will be on the Knicks next year let alone if a defensive assistant will work or if we will have a new coach in 2012. So Don't worry and Lupica lost a million sports media points in my book for this article.

  3. #18
    Member NYKLiFER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx,
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Wtf ?

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    The three of them - I am talking about Those Guys from Miami - playing this way against the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], finishing the way they did against the Celtics, is not just a nightmare for the rest of the NBA. It is a nightmare for the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] most of all.
    This is just the start of it for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and Chris (Ringo) Bosh in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], whether they make it to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] this time or not. They aren't going anywhere. It is bad for everybody, and that includes [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and all the other fine young basketball warriors in a sport that is loaded with them right now. It is just worse for the Knicks. Much.
    Because if they are ever going to win the team's first championship since 1973, they are going to have to go through LeBron and Wade and them.
    Our guys. Those Guys.
    And maybe that will be as much of a job for these Knicks as it was for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and friends in the early 1990s, when they were asked to go through [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. It doesn't mean that either LeBron or Dwyane Wade is Michael Jordan. Neither one of them is, as immensely gifted as No. 6 and No. 3 are. It sure doesn't mean they are ever going to win as many titles together as Michael won when his wingman was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Still: They are going to win even if they don't win right now, even if they have the kind of matchup problems with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] – provided the Bulls can survive their own matchup problems with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] – that the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] just had with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. It is a fact that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] was playing one-handed against the Heat, and that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the end was broke-down and useless. I still never believed anybody could go 16-0 on these Celtics at the end of a game and at the end of a series the way the Heat did on Wednesday night.
    But they sure did. Nightmare on South Beach, just not for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s All-Stars. Just for everybody else in the league. Starting with our kids on 33rd Street. They can tell themselves that they've got their two stars in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and that another one might be on the way in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. The silliness has already begun with both of them. It is the same kind of big, big-city silliness that had people actually believe the 2010-11 Knicks actually had a chance in the first round of the playoffs against the Celtics.
    You want to know the reality of this edition of the Knicks, as giddy as everybody got because they made the playoffs for the first time in seven years? The Knicks got swept by a team that nearly got swept by the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. The way the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] nearly got swept by a Capitals team that turned around and got swept by the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I don't think so We have 2 Superstar players...I wont even waste my time arguing with you on this point. I will be fun to watch them go at it 4-11 times a year. Are you serious stop suckiong Lebum and Dwadees Dick yo and have some friggin confidence in your team MORON....
    Last edited by NYKLiFER; May 13, 2011 at 09:51. Reason: had to

  4. #19
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    We were all laughing at the Heat in January and February, we completely despise them, but guess what at the end of the season they're gonna win the trophy!

    You know it's gonna happen! The Bulls can't stop them. Dallas are good, but they were good in 2006 aswell and got robbed. They'll get robbed again. Lebitch wins his first ring and the NBA is happy.

    They're playing some quality ball aswell, just to make that clear!

    And yes I'm afraid of them in coming years, I think we'll meet them in the Conf. Finals over the next 3-4 years and lose...the problem with Lebron and Wade is: They're great on offense and also quality on defense. That's what akes them so good. Bosh isn't a bad player either.

  5. #20
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKLiFER
    I don't think so We have 2 Superstar players...I wont even waste my time arguing with you on this point. I will be fun to watch them go at it 4-11 times a year. Are you serious stop suckiong Lebum and Dwadees Dick yo and have some friggin confidence in your team MORON....
    I didn't write this, this is an article...

  6. #21
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I too agree w the Pippen/ Jordan comparison. Wade and Bron are the best at their respective positions AND THEY'RE ON THE SAME TEAM, as were Jordan and Pippen. It's a fair parallel.

    We'll need Chris Paul if we want to get past the Heat in a playoff series in the future. I'm really starting to think they'll win it all this year, to my utter shagrin.
    Spoken like a true D'Antoni pundit.

    You go boy!

    I guess CP3 will improve our defense and rebounding. Or maybe we can be the first team to avg. 120 points per and still falter?

    Smh.

    Has not having a quality big taught you anything?

    Yeah that's it... we were 2nd in offense and 28th in defense, so let's get CP3 so he can feed a soon to be broken down (in this joke of a system) Amare and get spelled by the players with the cheapest contracts.

    That'll do the trick.

    Sold!

  7. #22
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Spoken like a true D'Antoni pundit.

    You go boy!

    I guess CP3 will improve our defense and rebounding. Or maybe we can be the first team to avg. 120 points per and still falter?

    Smh.

    Has not having a quality big taught you anything?

    Yeah that's it... we were 2nd in offense and 28th in defense, so let's get CP3 so he can feed a soon to be broken down (in this joke of a system) Amare and get spelled by the players with the cheapest contracts.

    That'll do the trick.

    Sold!
    Look at you coming at me sounding all hormonal..

    Yes I want CP3..

    That has been my stance since I started posting on KO and I haven't heard a better alternative to this plan yet.

    Fact is if we got him he'd fill alot of holes on our team ()pause().

    Defensively he's still awesome; averages 3-4 steals a game and stays infront of his man w ease.

    He would ancor our perimeter D.

    He'd also demand that everybody pull there own weight defensively, something neitther Amare nor Melo are capable of doing.

    He'd have everybody in lock step.

    Also, I don't know how you fail to grasp that a combo of Paul , Melo and Amare is unsolvable for opposing defenses. Offensively we'd be (which I care just as much as what we're able to do defensively) a major problem.

    If there's some way to make a deal for Paul happen.. you do it. And that's it.

    I know you don't agree. I also know you don't see the logic in my line of thinking. But when and if we get Paul you will fully comprehend.

    I doubt you'll admit you're wrong. It's just a good thing that it's impossible to move the goalpost past a championship.


    P.S. : Don't we have the opportunity to draft a big or bigs this offseason?? Jerome Jordan may be able to help us also.

    I'm confident we'll find the bigs we need. What's more important *(on this team)*is that we have the PG MDA covets and needs so badly.

  8. #23
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Look at you coming at me sounding all hormonal..

    Yes I want CP3..

    That has been my stance since I started posting on KO and I haven't heard a better alternative to this plan yet.

    Fact is if we got him he'd fill alot of holes on our team ()pause().

    Defensively he's still awesome; averages 3-4 steals a game and stays infront of his man w ease.

    He would ancor our perimeter D.

    He'd also demand that everybody pull there own weight defensively, something neitther Amare nor Melo are capable of doing.

    He'd have everybody in lock step.

    Also, I don't know how you fail to grasp that a combo of Paul , Melo and Amare is unsolvable for opposing defenses. Offensively we'd be (which I care just as much as what we're able to do defensively) a major problem.

    If there's some way to make a deal for Paul happen.. you do it. And that's it.

    I know you don't agree. I also know you don't see the logic in my line of thinking. But when and if we get Paul you will fully comprehend.

    I doubt you'll admit you're wrong. It's just a good thing that it's impossible to move the goalpost past a championship.


    P.S. : Don't we have the opportunity to draft a big or bigs this offseason?? Jerome Jordan may be able to help us also.

    I'm confident we'll find the bigs we need. What's more important *(on this team)*is that we have the PG MDA covets and needs so badly.
    Which is a bad thing. Also sad. We shouldn't need to spend another max because of him.lol

    Yeah, I know, he might be with us for the long haul, but yeah.

  9. #24
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Look at you coming at me sounding all hormonal..

    Yes I want CP3..

    That has been my stance since I started posting on KO and I haven't heard a better alternative to this plan yet.

    Fact is if we got him he'd fill alot of holes on our team ()pause().

    Defensively he's still awesome; averages 3-4 steals a game and stays infront of his man w ease.

    He would ancor our perimeter D.

    He'd also demand that everybody pull there own weight defensively, something neitther Amare nor Melo are capable of doing.

    He'd have everybody in lock step.

    Also, I don't know how you fail to grasp that a combo of Paul , Melo and Amare is unsolvable for opposing defenses. Offensively we'd be (which I care just as much as what we're able to do defensively) a major problem.

    If there's some way to make a deal for Paul happen.. you do it. And that's it.

    I know you don't agree. I also know you don't see the logic in my line of thinking. But when and if we get Paul you will fully comprehend.

    I doubt you'll admit you're wrong. It's just a good thing that it's impossible to move the goalpost past a championship.


    P.S. : Don't we have the opportunity to draft a big or bigs this offseason?? Jerome Jordan may be able to help us also.

    I'm confident we'll find the bigs we need. What's more important *(on this team)*is that we have the PG MDA covets and needs so badly.
    But D'Antoni won't be here.

    And the reason you seem so as you say "hormonal" regarding CP3 is to further the D'Antoni error.

    LOL is an understatement.



    ...after having Melo, Stat
    ...after squandering chances to acquire a quality big
    ...after witnessing three stright bottom of the barrell
    Defensive rankings
    ...knowing Mike hasn't coached a team above 15th defensively, with ALL his previous team talent
    ...knowing we have no depth
    ...knowing a servicable PG like Felton looked fine

    That's your stance? That's your plan? Considering the unknown cba? Hopefully when Mike leaves, you will too.


    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Which is a bad thing. Also sad. We shouldn't need to spend another max because of him.lol

    Yeah, I know, he might be with us for the long haul, but yeah.
    I thought it was just me.

  10. #25
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default lol @ you sir..

    Originally Posted by Red
    But D'Antoni won't be here.

    And the reason you seem so as you say "hormonal" regarding CP3 is to further the D'Antoni error.

    LOL is an understatement.



    ...after having Melo, Stat
    ...after squandering chances to acquire a quality big
    ...after witnessing three stright bottom of the barrell
    Defensive rankings
    ...knowing Mike hasn't coached a team above 15th defensively, with ALL his previous team talent
    ...knowing we have no depth
    ...knowing a servicable PG like Felton looked fine

    That's your stance? That's your plan? Considering the unknown cba? Hopefully when Mike leaves, you will too.




    I thought it was just me.
    Now you're just being a douche..

    Why be an a-hole because we disagree??

    Ooooh... I get it you're salty because MDA is back, will probably coach this team to a 50 plus win season AND - if he gets Paul at the deadline - may coach us deep into the playoffs, or even to the finals..

    Wouldn't that leave a stain on your closely held, conventional ideology?

    And no, I'm here dude and I ain't going anywhere.

    You mad??

  11. #26
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Another thing is, while Paul has defense, if D'Antoni is coaching would that matter?

    Remember, the Suns had Nash, Amar'e, and Hill. Hill is a great defender, still is. Paul would have to keep every player from getting in the paint a LOT. The Hornets have a defensive-minded coach and defensive center.

  12. #27
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    RunningJ

    Obviously if your PG can stay infront of guys keeping them out of the paint it really helps your team.., whether MDA is the coach or not.

  13. #28
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    RunningJ

    Obviously if your PG can stay infront of guys keeping them out of the paint it really helps your team.., whether MDA is the coach or not.
    Yeah, my point is he'd have to work extra hard at it, which might not help. Grant Hill is a very good perimeter defender, but the Suns aren't a good defensive team, despite having other good defensive players as well. Gortat might change the landscape of that team.

  14. #29
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Yeah, my point is he'd have to work extra hard at it, which might not help. Grant Hill is a very good perimeter defender, but the Suns aren't a good defensive team, despite having other good defensive players as well. Gortat might change the landscape of that team.
    Aren't we supposed to be taking on a new defensive assistant? Won't that help the overall halfcourt schemes.. and Paul ultimately ?

  15. #30
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Aren't we supposed to be taking on a new defensive assistant? Won't that help the overall halfcourt schemes.. and Paul ultimately ?
    Well, hopefully we'd wait to see how that works out before a trade for another max, plus we'd have more chemistry on the offensive end.

    Of course, you'd jump at the first chance at Chris Paul, but that's your side of things, so let's exclude that aspect.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Dec 05, 2010, 10:18
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2010, 12:08
  3. How the 3 Amigo's wound up in Miami
    By tiger0330 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2010, 07:04
  4. Chad Ford: Knicks Pitch To LBJ
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27, 2010, 00:47
  5. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 04, 2009, 23:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •