Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade will torment the Knicks in coming years just as Michael

  1. #31
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Well, hopefully we'd wait to see how that works out before a trade for another max, plus we'd have more chemistry on the offensive end.

    Of course, you'd jump at the first chance at Chris Paul, but that's your side of things, so let's exclude that aspect.
    Yes, I would. You bring him here if it's possible because it would be counter-intuitive not to.

    He makes a team immeasurably better. This is why you don't waste money on some stopgap big if it precludes you from acquiring a legitimately great player. It makes sense to prioritize having as many great players as it is possible attain.

    Then you worry about finding specialized pieces as needed.

  2. #32
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    people are talkin garbage about the heat...out of memphis, dallas, okc, chicago, and miami, miami are the favorites right now to win it

  3. #33
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    We were all laughing at the Heat in January and February, we completely despise them, but guess what at the end of the season they're gonna win the trophy!

    You know it's gonna happen! The Bulls can't stop them. Dallas are good, but they were good in 2006 aswell and got robbed. They'll get robbed again. Lebitch wins his first ring and the NBA is happy.

    They're playing some quality ball aswell, just to make that clear!

    And yes I'm afraid of them in coming years, I think we'll meet them in the Conf. Finals over the next 3-4 years and lose...the problem with Lebron and Wade is: They're great on offense and also quality on defense. That's what makes them so good. Bosh isn't a bad player either.
    Real talk fam thats the difference between LB + Wade vs Melo and Stat

    Carmelo can play great defense if he wants to, Amare puts in more effort then Melo but has less of a defensive iq/mentality

    Both Wade and Bron know how to play defense and play very good defense all the time

    For the record i dont have anything against Miami at least at this point, they have been very humble and they've showed alotta respect for other teams. People are just stupid, hating on Lebron because he didnt sign with the Knicks. I dont blame him for joining forces with Wade, that just shows hes in this game for a championship and hes making less $$ in Miami then he woulda in NY, i cant hate on him for that.

    Things might change next year however when the knicks and heat meet in playoffs

  4. #34
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    THats the big obstacle. DEFENSE. Our guys need a defensive coaching group to work with these guys individually. Won't happen till Damphony is gone

  5. #35
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,004
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Real talk fam thats the difference between LB + Wade vs Melo and Stat

    Carmelo can play great defense if he wants to, Amare puts in more effort then Melo but has less of a defensive iq/mentality

    Both Wade and Bron know how to play defense and play very good defense all the time

    For the record i dont have anything against Miami at least at this point, they have been very humble and they've showed alotta respect for other teams. People are just stupid, hating on Lebron because he didnt sign with the Knicks. I dont blame him for joining forces with Wade, that just shows hes in this game for a championship and hes making less $$ in Miami then he woulda in NY, i cant hate on him for that.

    Things might change next year however when the knicks and heat meet in playoffs
    Pat Riley is still with them. I will always hate them.

  6. #36
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    So it looks like the Heat are about to be routed by about 20 points by the Bulls in game 1..... So instead of everyone worrying about Lebron and Wade they should be looking at the bigger picture. The Knicks have to get out of the East in the playoffs and then beat the best team in the West for a championship. Its not going to be automatic in 2 years because we will have CP3 and a bunch of scrubs. Even if the Heat come back and win this series. A team of 3 stars and some scrubs shouldn't be what we as fans clamor for. The Knicks do not need another star to do commercials and wear yankee hats.....


    The Knicks also need defense because thats how you win against good to great teams.
    Last edited by Wargames; May 15, 2011 at 22:44. Reason: to emphasize my point better

  7. #37
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,004
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    So it looks like the Heat are about to be routed by about 20 points by the Bulls in game 1..... So instead of everyone worrying about Lebron and Wade they should be looking at the bigger picture. The Knicks have to get out of the East in the playoffs and then beat the best team in the West for a championship. Its not going to be automatic in 2 years because we will have CP3 and a bunch of scrubs. Even if the Heat come back and win this series. A team of 3 stars and some scrubs shouldn't be what we as fans clamor for. The Knicks do not need another star to do commercials and wear yankee hats.....


    The Knicks also need defense because thats how you win against good to great teams.
    Yeah. And also, I think it's aesthetically better. Maxes don't always mean they make up for any few role players.

    Does Melo make up for no Gallo and Chandler? Maybe, I think so, but we have two maxes! We need other players who know how to play and give the effort, and also the coaching needs to be a lot better.

    Imagine this team with Kyle Korver or Ray Allen, that would be SIGNIFICANT. You absolutely can't let those guys open. They might not be great off the dribble, but there's no WAY you let those guys open. That leaves both of our max guys even more free.

  8. #38
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Marek
    Same here.

    As a side note, I miss Brandon Tierney. I pretty much have no reason to listen to that station anymore (except for Bill Daughtry).
    Yea BT and Bill DAughtry are ggreat.. I don't understand why Lupicca is considered this so-called grreat journalist. I've come to realize I disagree with. Him on just about every subject. Miami is a much different team than the 90s BUlls.. They got blown out last night by this years version of the Bulls.. Why not hold off Mr Lupica and his opinion until the Knicks add their final pieces to the roster. Lupica is a clown.. I haven't heard him on the radio yet but I've seen him on TV on the sports reporter and he's terrible on there.. I don't want to listen to him and his 'be all end all' in his own minds opinion. BT brings more to the table in the booth.. I didn't care much for BTs partner Jodi Mac though. But adding lupica to the 1050 rotation I hope turns into a flop because he sucks!

  9. #39
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Yeah. And also, I think it's aesthetically better. Maxes don't always mean they make up for any few role players.

    Does Melo make up for no Gallo and Chandler? Maybe, I think so, but we have two maxes! We need other players who know how to play and give the effort, and also the coaching needs to be a lot better.

    Imagine this team with Kyle Korver or Ray Allen, that would be SIGNIFICANT. You absolutely can't let those guys open. They might not be great off the dribble, but there's no WAY you let those guys open. That leaves both of our max guys even more free.
    I agree man with everything you said. I do think the Knicks miss both gallo and Chandler because they along with Felton we're decent defenders. Especially Chandler who use to be the Jefferies of the team due to his ability to guard the 2,3, and 4.

    I also agree with what you said about needing a sg who can catch and shoot. The good thing about that is there are a number of those around the league that while not great could be easily traded for and improved upon by D'antoni (give the man credit he can improve a decent shooter into a damn good shooter). Also I want to give fields some time to see if he can alter his game and speed up his release to play like that.

    I just hope we buy 2 or 3 picks because regardless this team needs role-players and depth. 3 of the 4 last teams have really good depth. The mavericks I believe have the most depth of all. I doubt the Knicks will ever be that deep but we can definitely use a mix of young role-players (who don't need to develop over years) and vets looking for a title.

  10. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    DEFENSE wins CHIPS. Just look at the playoff, they have always been that way and thats why D'Ant was always bounced out of the post season. If we play quality Defense we have a more than better chance at beating any team. The D will raise the level of offense (as if we needed it). Coach shouldn't get credited for our scoring because we already have players that can light it up under any coach.

    All our coach cares about is getting to the post season, thinking that will be enough to satisfy the average Knick fan (or any for that matter). I don't see him beating any of the teams that made it this year....way too much Defense is being showcased...as always. D Wade And Bron learned that against the Bulls D. This may be a lesson in the making, It's all about the D.

  11. #41
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    The three of them - I am talking about Those Guys from Miami - playing this way against the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], finishing the way they did against the Celtics, is not just a nightmare for the rest of the NBA. It is a nightmare for the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] most of all.
    This is just the start of it for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and Chris (Ringo) Bosh in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], whether they make it to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] this time or not. They aren't going anywhere. It is bad for everybody, and that includes [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and all the other fine young basketball warriors in a sport that is loaded with them right now. It is just worse for the Knicks. Much.
    Because if they are ever going to win the team's first championship since 1973, they are going to have to go through LeBron and Wade and them.
    Our guys. Those Guys.
    And maybe that will be as much of a job for these Knicks as it was for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and friends in the early 1990s, when they were asked to go through [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. It doesn't mean that either LeBron or Dwyane Wade is Michael Jordan. Neither one of them is, as immensely gifted as No. 6 and No. 3 are. It sure doesn't mean they are ever going to win as many titles together as Michael won when his wingman was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Still: They are going to win even if they don't win right now, even if they have the kind of matchup problems with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] provided the Bulls can survive their own matchup problems with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] just had with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. It is a fact that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] was playing one-handed against the Heat, and that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the end was broke-down and useless. I still never believed anybody could go 16-0 on these Celtics at the end of a game and at the end of a series the way the Heat did on Wednesday night.
    But they sure did. Nightmare on South Beach, just not for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s All-Stars. Just for everybody else in the league. Starting with our kids on 33rd Street. They can tell themselves that they've got their two stars in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and that another one might be on the way in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. The silliness has already begun with both of them. It is the same kind of big, big-city silliness that had people actually believe the 2010-11 Knicks actually had a chance in the first round of the playoffs against the Celtics.
    You want to know the reality of this edition of the Knicks, as giddy as everybody got because they made the playoffs for the first time in seven years? The Knicks got swept by a team that nearly got swept by the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. The way the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] nearly got swept by a Capitals team that turned around and got swept by the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    They just lost - hands down - to a team whose players average the age of 40. I don't see things going too well for them in the future. They're a team that lack the mentality, intelligence, and most importantly, the versatility to achieve greatness. A team that can't shoot wont win. Well done Dallas. Thrilled for Kidd, Terry, Nowitzki and dare I say, Marion. Good stuff.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Dec 05, 2010, 10:18
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2010, 12:08
  3. How the 3 Amigo's wound up in Miami
    By tiger0330 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2010, 07:04
  4. Chad Ford: Knicks Pitch To LBJ
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27, 2010, 00:47
  5. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 04, 2009, 23:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •