Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sell me on Rubio

Default Sell me on Rubio

I don't know if we could get him, but forget that, because none of us do.

Tell me about his style, post videos, stats, whatever.

He is absolutely useless. Been saying that for a year but people on this site think he is the next Magic.

2010-2011 STATS

PPG: 6.5
    RPG: 3.2
    APG: 3.5
    SPG: 1.6
    2P%: 39.2%
    3P%: 22.4%
    FT%: 83.6%

His Euroleague stats. He won't last long if he ever makes in into the NBA. He's a fooocking C*nt..

Default **** Rubio

"Dude can hit a 3. Enough said. **** everything else." -Mike Dantoni

Lock him down for a multi year deal

I'd totally be down with the Bieb.

if he played for ny the knicks would sell out every game and probably 1000 jerseys a night.

Originally Posted by NewYork 21 Knicks
    if he played for ny the knicks would sell out every game and probably 1000 jerseys a night.
    MSG would be full of little girls who are die hard Bieber fans.

Steals, more assists, and smarts. His assists numbers would probably double only because the rules on what constitutes an assist are more relaxed in the NBA than they are in the Euroleague. He plays the passing lanes well and that's universal...that should translate, and scouts say he's a smart player.

He's not the most athletic dude and he doesn't have a consistent jumper, so his scoring is nothing special. But they also don't have a restricted area and no 3-seconds rule over there, so if you're not really athletic and there's some big dude camped out in the paint....you're not getting any layups. I don't really know what he'd be able to do in the NBA with our rules. He definitely needs a jumpshot tho.

I dunno why people continue to post numbers from the Euroleague and then write people off based on them. In one league an assist is passing the ball to a guy who immediately shoots or jumps for a dunk/layup, in the other league an assist can be a full court lob to a guy who catches it, takes a dribble then his two and a half steps for a layup/dunk. So can you look at a person averaging 3.5-4 assists in the Euroleague and say he would be no good? It's kind of short sighted.

I don't write him off because of his stats. I wrote him off long before the draft. I don't see him make it in the NBA. I would be shocked if he makes it. Ricky Rubio = A poor mans J.J Reddick but without his shooting skill.

Ricky Rubio is much more of a playmaker than JJ Reddick, he plays the passing lanes better than JJ Reddick, and even Reddick can score inside in the NBA....not to say he's a D. Rose, or CP3, but he's shown the ability to score around the rim when the opposing center can't stand there for a prolonged amount of time.

So if Rubio can get to the rim and at least threaten it before dishing to a cutting teammate...I'll take it. It'd would be like a poor man's Rondo.

Speaking of Rondo, a good portion of his assists wouldn't even be assists in the Euroleague. Every time he penetrates and kicks to Allen who pump fakes his man, takes that one dribble to get into a rhythm, and nails a 3...no assist for Rondo over seas. Every time he throws it down low to a big, if that big takes a dribble the assist is dead.

I think getting Rubio would be too expensive, but I don't think he'd be a total waste in the NBA in the right system.

Nuckles' assessments of the Rickster are right on.

Rubio is a wonderful passer and ballhandler. He also has a high IQ on both ends of the floor.

The things i'd worry about w him would be is jumpshot and his man to man defense.

The kid could run an NBA team tho. No doubt.

On offense he's like a less athletic (his shooting is not as bad as Rondo's tho) Rondo, who doesn't defend one on one nearly as well.

Look at Jennings' stats in Euroleague.

Jason Kidd coming out of college couldn't shoot the ball. I don't care if Rubio can't score, that will come. His court vision and man defense are what makes him a huge prospect in my eyes.

Jennings had his basketball education in the US. Meaning -he can handle himself on the court. NBA is 10 times more physical than the Eoroleague. Any team, if any, sign Rubio will find out pretty quick that the dude dosen't have what it takes. I just hope Knicks aren't that stupid..

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Jennings had his basketball education in the US. Meaning -he can handle himself on the court. NBA is 10 times more physical than the Eoroleague. Any team, if any, sign Rubio will find out pretty quick that the dude dosen't have what it takes. I just hope Knicks aren't that stupid..
    No it's not.

Everytime I see a thread about Rubyhoe i hope it gets deleted

Nothing personal, but 1 star

I've been KingStarbury'd (no homo).