Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sell me on Rubio

Interesting replies. I'm intrigued by him, but I still need to see more of him.

We could definitely drastically benefit from a pass-first and creative PG. Anybody else anybody can think of?

Right now it's Paul, Nash, and maybe Rubio.

I wish we could get Felton back somehow. Just when he and Amare started to find that chemistry he got traded.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    I wish we could get Felton back somehow. Just when he and Amare started to find that chemistry he got traded.
    Felton was struggling for the most part a while before the trade from what I remember.

I'd love him back, he helped us get to the Playoffs, and he did need rest which might have been part of his struggles, but I don't know if he'd be the right PG with Amar'e and Melo.

Veteran

I was reading the TWolves think they have a good chance signing him this year probably because of a combination of his buyout from his Euroleague contract and because he had a mediocre year there. It's probably time for a change of scenery for him and get his NBA lottery contract from the TWolves.

Dying to see what he can do in the NBA but I don't expect him to start even with the TWolves, might take a few years before you see if he can cut it in the league.

Superstar

Default Rubio

It might well be in Rubio's interests to stay in Spain one more year. I believe that if he waits one more year he will not be tied to a rookie scale contract, which in his case under the current CBA is not so bad. But perhaps he could earn more without the scale restrictions. There is also the problem of a possible lock out.

In any event, i do not see us getting him even if we wanted him. Kahn appears to be obsessed with him. Minnesota could well have the rights to Kyle Irving if their many ping pong balls fall into place. Apparently Kahn has indicated a possibility of trading those rights with the expectation of signing Rubio.