Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updated wish list for this offseason (draft and free agency)

Superstar

Just read that Ben Hansbrough will miss the Draft Combine in Chicago because of a badly bruised ankle he suffered last Saturday. That may hurt him as far as cracking the 1st round, but help us if we're looking at him in the 2nd round. Looks like the drill portion of the Combine will be televised May 19th and 20th around 10am both days (ESPN-U) just like it was last year. I'm pissed, I was looking forward to watching it today. LOL. Have to wait one more day..

Superstar

Just a little further on Keith Benson --- just ran through a replay of the Texas/Oakland game again just to be sure and to be fair, the Benson/Thompson matchup wasn't as one-sided as I first wrote (Benson actally strung together a few nice conversions early on in the 1st half), although TT still got the better of him. Thompson actually blocked Benson at least 5 times that game, more than the 2 or 3 that I remembered. One thing I noticed is that Benson actually uses his off-hand quite well, one more positive to add to his impressive array of skills, yet the main criticisms of his game still remain: the main thing for me is that he just looks too damn complacent out there at times. There were plenty of rebound and block opportunities where he was right there in the vicinity of the play but failed to engage and get involved. Thompson also beat him downcourt a few times for easy buckets. Stuff like that can't happen, not on the big stage when you're trying to show people you're a 1st round pick..And his deep arsenal on offense, while impressive, needs to be refined at the next level to the point where he can get his 1 or 2 go-to moves off against bigger/stronger players w/o much of a problem. Benson got him a few times throughout (and to be fair, his teammates could've done a better job of looking for him, although he could've done a better job of establishing position and demanding the ball himself) but Thompson challenged and blocked almost every type of shot Benson took -- up & under hook shots, baseline jumpers...Bottom line on Benson -- he's got some nice tools but he needs to get a lot stronger, add some weight to that frame, play harder, not take plays off, commit himself fully every min. he's on the court and learn how to not telegraph his offensive moves as much. I'd say he's about on the same level with Jerome Jordan right now. Jordan might be even further along than this guy.

Tell ya what, another off-the-radar player I really like is Oakland PF Will Hudson. 6'9" 230, great nose for the ball (solid rebounder) and very fluid and springy around the hoop with a real nice touch in close. He can really finish plays well at the rim. This guy won't get drafted but like a Tim Abromaitis, I could see some team adding him to their summer league squad and then Hudson turning some heads & making the most of it. He could wind up being a real solid surprise role player in the NBA for some club.
    Last edited by finestrg; May 19, 2011 at 07:25.

Bro, I really like Jordan Williams & Kenneth Faried as possible candidates for our 1st round pick. Another guy I'd seriously consider is Jajuan Johnson from Purdue. Nice post game on this kid & he has a sweet looking stroke from midrange out to college 3 pt range. It's not a stretch to think he could extend his range out to NBA 3 pt range. Dare I say this kid's got a little bit of Kevin Durant in his game? Plus he has solid shotblocking skills & doesn't shy away from playing D. Ideally a C would be ideal but this draft is not heavy on C's this season. I think this kid would be a terrific backup for STAT & Melo off the bench.

Last edited by STAT1; May 21, 2011 at 13:35.

trade our 17 pick to denver for timofey mozgov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default timofey mozgov

lets trade our 17 pick to denver for timofey mozgov

Off Topic

Timo, alright, we all know you feel uncomfortable with the Nuggets and you would enjoy wearing Knicks jersey again, but please, stop trolling all over this board.

the 17 th pick to denver for timofey mozgov