How did Sprewell feel about Houston making a lot more money than him

knicksin60

Starter
Sprewell felt horrible not because he didn't receive as much money as Houston but because he set a bad example for players like Eddy Curry who did a poor job with managing their finances.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I dont see a problem with having a thread or two about past Knicks teams and players......especially in the off season.

Personally I dont remember anything Spree said regarding Houston and his salary....however this thread got me wondering who everyone thinks was the better player IN THE PRIME of their careers between Houston and Spreewell???

Thats a tough one for me, I was big fans of both of them myself and they both brought diffrent things to the table. If I HAD to choose between the two, both in their prime, I think I would go with Spree. Even though Houston was obviously the better shooter and probably more clutch, I loved the energy and intensity Spree brought to the table, not to mention he was a better defender IMO as well.

So who would you take in their primes?

I dont see a problem with having a thread or two about past Knicks teams and players......especially in the off season.

Personally I dont remember anything Spree said regarding Houston and his salary....however this thread got me wondering who everyone thinks was the better player IN THE PRIME of their careers between Houston and Spreewell???

Thats a tough one for me, I was big fans of both of them myself and they both brought diffrent things to the table. If I HAD to choose between the two, both in their prime, I think I would go with Spree. Even though Houston was obviously the better shooter and probably more clutch, I loved the energy and intensity Spree brought to the table, not to mention he was a better defender IMO as well.

So who would you take in their primes?

Sprewell, because he has more potential.

Allan was a very solid guy, on and off the court and he was very good at playing basketball!

Sprewell however had almost unlimited potential when he was in Oakland. He bacame a great player, but he could have been even better! I'd take him for that reason and try to get the most out of him. In my oppinion he could have been as good as Wade and probably even as good as Kobe, at least 96% of Kobe. He was THAT talented....had it all.
A 'colorful lifestyle' off the court, some attitude problems as a player and his greed for money prevented him from reaching his full potential.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Who would you people take NOW? Both are 40.

I'm gonna say Spree since he had a lot of rest and didn't get injured much in his career.

KingCharles34

All Star
If i was spree i wouldnt had been happy, i always thought he was the better of the two. Even if he wasnt better on offense, he was a much better defender and had to play out of position because of Houston.

Like Ron artest, Spreewell was just happy to get a contract playing for a winning team in NY with a coach that was willing to give him free reign to be the emotional man that he was; at the time I remember him just being happy to play for NY and taking advantage of every minute of it. After NY when he was traded; that is when I believe Spree went on his Spree of financial tirades because he realized he proved his worth by doing the right thing in NY both on and off the floor; despite his clash with Dolan Who refused to pay Spree what he deserved after helping them to an NBA finals, on a team with only houston and a bunch of dirty work guys.