Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota open to trading No. 2 Pick

Default Minnesota open to trading No. 2 Pick

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

May 18, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT

AP Clearly, Minnesota GM David Kahn [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Canít really blame him (question how he handled it, what he said, but not the natural reaction of being frustrated). Duke point guard [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] made a lot of sense for the Wolves (despite all their other PGs, none of the ones on the roster are as good as Irving and Ricky Rubio is still a year or more away), but consensus No. 2 pick [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] out of Arizona does not. Williams is a combo forward, but heís not about to supplant [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the four, and then there is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the three. This was not a need position for the Timberwolves.
    So they are willing to trade the pick, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Iím already hearing from sources that Minnesota has told people itís very open to moving the second pick. Kahn really wants to add some veteran help to the team.
    That would be a smart move (for the right deal). Veteran help at a position of need would make a lot more sense than drafting Williams for Minnesota. If it happens, this is the kind of trade that happens on draft day June 23, but itís something to watch for. For the right deal I can see the Wolves pulling the trigger.

---
    Is there ANY shot at moving up for us AT ALL? I highly doubt we could, but the dream of seeing Derrick Williams as a Knick is amazing.

Originally Posted by kylepicklehead

May 18, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT

AP Clearly, Minnesota GM David Kahn [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Canít really blame him (question how he handled it, what he said, but not the natural reaction of being frustrated). Duke point guard [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] made a lot of sense for the Wolves (despite all their other PGs, none of the ones on the roster are as good as Irving and Ricky Rubio is still a year or more away), but consensus No. 2 pick [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] out of Arizona does not. Williams is a combo forward, but heís not about to supplant [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the four, and then there is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the three. This was not a need position for the Timberwolves.
    So they are willing to trade the pick, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Iím already hearing from sources that Minnesota has told people itís very open to moving the second pick. Kahn really wants to add some veteran help to the team.
    That would be a smart move (for the right deal). Veteran help at a position of need would make a lot more sense than drafting Williams for Minnesota. If it happens, this is the kind of trade that happens on draft day June 23, but itís something to watch for. For the right deal I can see the Wolves pulling the trigger.

---
    Is there ANY shot at moving up for us AT ALL? I highly doubt we could, but the dream of seeing Derrick Williams as a Knick is amazing.
    If Cleveland selects Williams I'd trade two first and two seconds in order to draft Irving.

Idk guys this might be the worst draft class since 2000. Everyone knows that the Cavs are going to pick Kyrie Irving, if they weren't then I would be all for it.

If we got Irving I'd be fore it, but thats only if we got Irving... and, I'd rather have Fields, Doulgas and our 17th than Williams...

But I trust Walsh to spot the best possible talent for us

I honestly like Kemba over Irving. Irving's played half a year of college basketball and everyone's overhyping him.

Saying that, the 2 pick is too high to draft Kemba. So I would wait and trade with cleveland at 4.

Like I've said before we should definitely get Kemba if we get so high

I can't realistically see us putting together a good enough deal without giving up too much to get that high in the draft.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    I can't realistically see us putting together a good enough deal without giving up too much to get that high in the draft.
    What the **** are we giving up? Fields and Douglass? Aka **** and ****ty.

After the playoff performance by both of them I couldn't give a damn if I never saw them play here again. Even if we got nothing from them in return.

You get star players first and then use the free agent market to fill the holes with veterans that fit your team comp/playing style. It's honestly that simple.

It's NYC. Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony. Amare Stoudemire........ If you build it, they will come.

What the hell people..... seriously.... stop spazzing out about sub par players. Landry did well during the regular season last year but he definitely has a ceiling and won't be an all star caliber player. Douglass just isn't a PG and isn't big enough to be a 2 guard.

Plus, with Fields..... Yes he has VERY good instincts, but for whatever reason, he literally is just a sup par defender. I don't even know why. He's not a good one on one defender.

Originally Posted by ducktales17
    What the **** are we giving up? Fields and Douglass? Aka **** and ****ty.

After the playoff performance by both of them I couldn't give a damn if I never saw them play here again. Even if we got nothing from them in return.

You get star players first and then use the free agent market to fill the holes with veterans that fit your team comp/playing style. It's honestly that simple.

It's NYC. Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony. Amare Stoudemire........ If you build it, they will come.

What the hell people..... seriously.... stop spazzing out about sub par players. Landry did well during the regular season last year but he definitely has a ceiling and won't be an all star caliber player. Douglass just isn't a PG and isn't big enough to be a 2 guard.

Plus, with Fields..... Yes he has VERY good instincts, but for whatever reason, he literally is just a sup par defender. I don't even know why. He's not a good one on one defender.
    >>Implying someone is really gonna give up a number 2 draft pick for Fields and Douglas..

Thats why I said without giving up too much.. I don't think any team is dumb enough to give up a number 2 pick for those two. We'd have to give up more than that. Which is why I said I can't realistically see us making a deal without giving up too much. Calm yo ass down son.

>>Implying someone is really gonna give up a number 2 draft pick for Fields and Douglas..

Thats why I said without giving up too much.. I don't think any team is dumb enough to give up a number 2 pick for those two. We'd have to give up more than that. Which is why I said I can't realistically see us making a deal without giving up too much. Calm yo ass down son.
    my argument this entire time has been to trade up for the 4-7 picks to draft Kemba. If you look earlier I was against trading up to the 2 spot.

Oh ite. That's alittle more realistic for us. 4 might be a reach but I could see us maybe swinging a deal to trade up to pick 7th.

Oh ite. That's alittle more realistic for us. 4 might be a reach but I could see us maybe swinging a deal to trade up to pick 7th.
    Right. Fields, Douglass, and our 17th pick for a 4-7th 1st round pick. ONLY if Kemba is still available though. If not just sit tight and hope Faried falls to us.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

What do we have to offer any team for their top ten draft choice. We DO NOT have anything to offer anyone.

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    What do we have to offer any team for their top ten draft choice. We DO NOT have anything to offer anyone.
    This. That's why I rarely click on the threads asking if the Knicks should trade up in the draft. We don't have a lot of worth-while value outside of Melo, Amare and Billups to make a team give up a top draft pick for whatever we would send to them.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    agreed.. close thread.... what the hell do we have to offer....draft faried @ 17 and buy some picks (late first round or second)