Minnesota open to trading No. 2 Pick

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Report: Timberwolves willing to trade No. 2 pick

Kurt Helin
May 18, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT

arizonas-derrick-williams-23-reacts-while-taking-on-duke-during-the-second-half-of-a-west-regional-semifinal-game-in-the-ncaa-college-basketball-tournament-thursday-march-24-2011.jpeg
AP Clearly, Minnesota GM David Kahn did not love getting the No. 2 pick in the draft.
Can?t really blame him (question how he handled it, what he said, but not the natural reaction of being frustrated). Duke point guard Kyrie Irving made a lot of sense for the Wolves (despite all their other PGs, none of the ones on the roster are as good as Irving and Ricky Rubio is still a year or more away), but consensus No. 2 pick Derrick Williams out of Arizona does not. Williams is a combo forward, but he?s not about to supplant Kevin Love at the four, and then there is Michael Beasley at the three. This was not a need position for the Timberwolves.
So they are willing to trade the pick, according to Chad Ford at ESPN.
I?m already hearing from sources that Minnesota has told people it?s very open to moving the second pick. Kahn really wants to add some veteran help to the team.
That would be a smart move (for the right deal). Veteran help at a position of need would make a lot more sense than drafting Williams for Minnesota. If it happens, this is the kind of trade that happens on draft day June 23, but it?s something to watch for. For the right deal I can see the Wolves pulling the trigger.

---
Is there ANY shot at moving up for us AT ALL? I highly doubt we could, but the dream of seeing Derrick Williams as a Knick is amazing.

Report: Timberwolves willing to trade No. 2 pick

Kurt Helin
May 18, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT

arizonas-derrick-williams-23-reacts-while-taking-on-duke-during-the-second-half-of-a-west-regional-semifinal-game-in-the-ncaa-college-basketball-tournament-thursday-march-24-2011.jpeg
AP Clearly, Minnesota GM David Kahn did not love getting the No. 2 pick in the draft.
Can?t really blame him (question how he handled it, what he said, but not the natural reaction of being frustrated). Duke point guard Kyrie Irving made a lot of sense for the Wolves (despite all their other PGs, none of the ones on the roster are as good as Irving and Ricky Rubio is still a year or more away), but consensus No. 2 pick Derrick Williams out of Arizona does not. Williams is a combo forward, but he?s not about to supplant Kevin Love at the four, and then there is Michael Beasley at the three. This was not a need position for the Timberwolves.
So they are willing to trade the pick, according to Chad Ford at ESPN.
I?m already hearing from sources that Minnesota has told people it?s very open to moving the second pick. Kahn really wants to add some veteran help to the team.
That would be a smart move (for the right deal). Veteran help at a position of need would make a lot more sense than drafting Williams for Minnesota. If it happens, this is the kind of trade that happens on draft day June 23, but it?s something to watch for. For the right deal I can see the Wolves pulling the trigger.

---
Is there ANY shot at moving up for us AT ALL? I highly doubt we could, but the dream of seeing Derrick Williams as a Knick is amazing.

If Cleveland selects Williams I'd trade two first and two seconds in order to draft Irving.

Idk guys this might be the worst draft class since 2000. Everyone knows that the Cavs are going to pick Kyrie Irving, if they weren't then I would be all for it.

jpz17

Starter
If we got Irving I'd be fore it, but thats only if we got Irving... and, I'd rather have Fields, Doulgas and our 17th than Williams...

But I trust Walsh to spot the best possible talent for us

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
I honestly like Kemba over Irving. Irving's played half a year of college basketball and everyone's overhyping him.

Saying that, the 2 pick is too high to draft Kemba. So I would wait and trade with cleveland at 4.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
I can't realistically see us putting together a good enough deal without giving up too much to get that high in the draft.

What the **** are we giving up? Fields and Douglass? Aka shit and shitty.

After the playoff performance by both of them I couldn't give a damn if I never saw them play here again. Even if we got nothing from them in return.

You get star players first and then use the free agent market to fill the holes with veterans that fit your team comp/playing style. It's honestly that simple.

It's NYC. Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony. Amare Stoudemire........ If you build it, they will come.

What the hell people..... seriously.... stop spazzing out about sub par players. Landry did well during the regular season last year but he definitely has a ceiling and won't be an all star caliber player. Douglass just isn't a PG and isn't big enough to be a 2 guard.

Plus, with Fields..... Yes he has VERY good instincts, but for whatever reason, he literally is just a sup par defender. I don't even know why. He's not a good one on one defender.

What the **** are we giving up? Fields and Douglass? Aka shit and shitty.

After the playoff performance by both of them I couldn't give a damn if I never saw them play here again. Even if we got nothing from them in return.

You get star players first and then use the free agent market to fill the holes with veterans that fit your team comp/playing style. It's honestly that simple.

It's NYC. Madison Square Garden. Carmelo Anthony. Amare Stoudemire........ If you build it, they will come.

What the hell people..... seriously.... stop spazzing out about sub par players. Landry did well during the regular season last year but he definitely has a ceiling and won't be an all star caliber player. Douglass just isn't a PG and isn't big enough to be a 2 guard.

Plus, with Fields..... Yes he has VERY good instincts, but for whatever reason, he literally is just a sup par defender. I don't even know why. He's not a good one on one defender.

>>Implying someone is really gonna give up a number 2 draft pick for Fields and Douglas..

Thats why I said without giving up too much.. I don't think any team is dumb enough to give up a number 2 pick for those two. We'd have to give up more than that. Which is why I said I can't realistically see us making a deal without giving up too much. Calm yo ass down son.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
>>Implying someone is really gonna give up a number 2 draft pick for Fields and Douglas..

Thats why I said without giving up too much.. I don't think any team is dumb enough to give up a number 2 pick for those two. We'd have to give up more than that. Which is why I said I can't realistically see us making a deal without giving up too much. Calm yo ass down son.

my argument this entire time has been to trade up for the 4-7 picks to draft Kemba. If you look earlier I was against trading up to the 2 spot.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Oh ite. That's alittle more realistic for us. 4 might be a reach but I could see us maybe swinging a deal to trade up to pick 7th.

Right. Fields, Douglass, and our 17th pick for a 4-7th 1st round pick. ONLY if Kemba is still available though. If not just sit tight and hope Faried falls to us.

What do we have to offer any team for their top ten draft choice. We DO NOT have anything to offer anyone.
This. That's why I rarely click on the threads asking if the Knicks should trade up in the draft. We don't have a lot of worth-while value outside of Melo, Amare and Billups to make a team give up a top draft pick for whatever we would send to them.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
wow really? Fields along with our 17th pick could be enough to move up to a 4-7th pick. Throw in Douglass in there as well and it's definitely enough.

Even though I said they're shitty for our team they're still solid players. People consider Fields an absolute steal and a first round talent. So we'd basically be trading them 2 first round pick for their higher 1st round pick.

Then we draft Kemba Walker......

close thread my ass.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if we can snag that 2 pick i'd take Brandon Knight during the tournament this dude was nasty he's clutch too and has loads of potential his shot is already water and with billups here he would mentor him and really help his development process. Kemba Walker won't be a bad pick either although 2 might be a little too high of a spot for him but he isnt bad. overall i see a few good nba level players and only like 2-3 that can actually compete at allstar level.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Trade for #2

I would trade anyone on the Knicks, except for Stat and Melo, for the #2 pick.

That includes Douglas, Fields, and Billups.

I would not use the pick on Williams, but either on Kyrie Irving or Enes Kanter.

Do I think that the Knicks have the right pieces to offer the TWolves? Probably not, but that would not prevent me from talking to them.

moneyg

Starter
wow really? Fields along with our 17th pick could be enough to move up to a 4-7th pick. Throw in Douglass in there as well and it's definitely enough.

Even though I said they're shitty for our team they're still solid players. People consider Fields an absolute steal and a first round talent. So we'd basically be trading them 2 first round pick for their higher 1st round pick.

Then we draft Kemba Walker......

close thread my ass.

and minny will do this?????... what a joke... the simple fact that they would have like 7 guards an another combo guard is enough to laugh at this..

also minny is lookin for veteren help.. TD maybe but fields in no vet... id wonder where they would play TD....

we might as well ask for rubio and love

lets be realistic.. if you were kahn.. would you do it???? and why???