Minnesota open to trading No. 2 Pick

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
and minny will do this?????... what a joke... the simple fact that they would have like 7 guards an another combo guard is enough to laugh at this..

also minny is lookin for veteren help.. TD maybe but fields in no vet... id wonder where they would play TD....

we might as well ask for rubio and love

lets be realistic.. if you were kahn.. would you do it???? and why???

what the ****........ did you read my post? I said PICKS 4-7. Not Minny. Minny is 2. Cleveland could definitely use Fields and Douglass.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
how can cleveland def use fields and douglas?
they're drafting irving ( a guard)
they have baron davis ( a guard)
they have mo williams ( a guard)
they have ramon sessions ( a guard)
they have anthony parker ( a guard)
....should i go on?

what the ****........ did you read my post? I said PICKS 4-7. Not Minny. Minny is 2. Cleveland could definitely use Fields and Douglass.

moneyg

Starter

so cleveland will trade us their #4 pick for fields and douglass and outr #17....:update: dan gilbert will not.. u be better off tryin to get kahn to trade his #2

by the way who are we drafting?? at 4-7

Cleveland needs a stud.. they alrady have a bunch of role players... fields and td will not help.... they be better off trading up to #2 with minny and get derrick.....

i can see clevland offering the #4 pick to memphis...for rudy gay... thats what theyd like to do.. but i dobt memphis will do that...

who are we trading to 5, 6 or 7???..i dont see toronto, washington or Sac doin a trade like this either

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
they have ramon sessions ( a guard)
....should i go on?

you shouldn't go on...... because they don't have mo williams bud. Awkward....... Plus, who says they won't draft Derrick Williams. Their ownership loves this kid. Plus, this could be wrong, but isn't sessions a free agent this year? unrestricted or restricted? If he is...... then there's only Parker and Davis.

they have ramon sessions
( a guard)
....should i go on?
Those are all point guards.... and Mo Williams isn't even on the Cavs.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
my bad about the mo williams one. ur right. but point being, they already have as good if not better players at the guard positions. y would they take fields/douglas. they dont need assets or role players, they need a guy/guys with potential whom they can market to the fans as their own.

pa
you shouldn't go on...... because they don't have mo williams bud. Awkward....... Plus, who says they won't draft Derrick Williams. Their ownership loves this kid. Plus, this could be wrong, but isn't sessions a free agent this year? unrestricted or restricted? If he is...... then there's only Parker and Davis.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
anthony parker a point guard, really, u sure about that?
and what is TD (an undersized 2 guard? ) and Landry? (a 2guard who isnt athletic enough to take his man off the dribble ) and will be a unrestricted free agent after this season?

Those are all point guards.... and Mo Williams isn't even on the Cavs.

anthony parker a point guard, really, u sure about that?
and what is TD (an undersized 2 guard? ) and Landry? (a 2guard who isnt athletic enough to take his man off the dribble ) and will be a unrestricted free agent after this season?
I put the point guards in bold letters....

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Cleveland???

How did this turn into a thread about Cleveland and not Minnesota?

Cleveland is not making a deal, they are drafting #1 and #4. They certainly will not make a deal with an East Coast team, for pieces they do not need.

Minnesota might make a deal, in particular for Billups, since they have issues at PG and want a veteran, not another young talent project (they already have several of those).

I make the deal, not so much for Kyrie Irving (who I do not expect to be available at #2) nor for Derrick Williams (who we do not need unless he can play SG), but for Enes Kanter, who could become a dominant top-five center in a few years.

I still get Dalembert so that we can develop Kanter properly, and I try not to trade the #17 pick as part of the deal with Minnesota, so that I can still draft Faried or a mid-level PG. If Minnesota insists on the #17 pick then I try to get one of their young PGs as part of the deal.

Even if Cleveland were willing to deal (which they will not be), Kanter is probably not available at #4, so you are talking Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker. Nice players, but not a potentially dominant center (which is worth giving up Billups for). Otherwise, why not just draft a backup PG, and wait for CP3.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Trading our #17 + Fields + Douglas wouldn't even get us a top 8 pick. Plus, Donnie wouldn't trade 3 potential rotational players for 1 player considering we only have 8 players on the roster and are well over the cap. We need depth and taking away our starting SG and our 6th man will not help.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Trading our #17 + Fields + Douglas wouldn't even get us a top 8 pick. Plus, Donnie wouldn't trade 3 potential rotational players for 1 player considering we only have 8 players on the roster and are well over the cap. We need depth and taking away our starting SG and our 6th man will not help.

I'm fine with your opinion but I couldn't disagree more with that statement. If we could re draft the 2010 draft right now Fields would go in the 1st 15 picks no problem, plus TD who has some good skill sets. Of course that's enough to trade up.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
:alert:
The fact that we are actually having this conversation is amazing. What GM is going to risk further damaging there reputation with their fan base by trading there lottery pick for Landry Field or Toney Douglas. For example " congrats fans we stunk all year and now just so the Knicks can get better we are going to give our lottery pick up for Toney Douglas or Landry Fields.

People make moves like that to bring in veterans not unproven players especially ones fresh off horrible play and a 4-0 playoff sweep. Top ten picks are supposed to be players that are going to impact your team immediately and set your team up for the future. I am a big time fan just like all of you but I prefer the Reference section of my library rather than fiction. Shit like that is what get GM's and coach's fired. :alert:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
we're a terrible team. melo, amare, and everything else around them is trash (except dantoni and maybe douglas) smart move to trade galo over fields

moneyg

Starter
I'm fine with your opinion but I couldn't disagree more with that statement. If we could re draft the 2010 draft right now Fields would go in the 1st 15 picks no problem, plus TD who has some good skill sets. Of course that's enough to trade up.

so if you were a GM yould trade your #4 pick for a 17 pick .. fields and TD???

nuckles2k2

Superstar
so if you were a GM yould trade your #4 pick for a 17 pick .. fields and TD???

It depends. Do I value anyone high enough at that #4 pick and does the cap hold of a 4th overall pick cost more or less than Fields and Douglas? If I feel the combo of Fields and Douglas at $1.8M next year is more valuable than anyone left on my board for $3.7M then I make the move. I get two players I value, for half the price.

The question is, how would TD fit on that Cleveland roster. They're conceivably gonna have Kyrie and Davis at the PG, and they already have an undersized shooter in Gibson (but he'd be in the last year of his deal tho.) They can definitely use Fields. And they'd still have a 2nd first round pick, a cheaper one, but since everyone swears we can get value there, then so can they.

moneyg

Starter
It depends. Do I value anyone high enough at that #4 pick and does the cap hold of a 4th overall pick cost more or less than Fields and Douglas? If I feel the combo of Fields and Douglas at $1.8M next year is more valuable than anyone left on my board for $3.7M then I make the move. I get two players I value, for half the price.

The question is, how would TD fit on that Cleveland roster. They're conceivably gonna have Kyrie and Davis at the PG, and they already have an undersized shooter in Gibson (but he'd be in the last year of his deal tho.) They can definitely use Fields. And they'd still have a 2nd first round pick, a cheaper one, but since everyone swears we can get value there, then so can they.

you would have to add in the cost of the 17th pick as well... i guess there would be a GM that stupid enough to do it... id luv for him to contact the knicks

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Rumors are floating around that Minny may trade the #2 pick + Beasley + rights to Rubio to Indiana for Danny Granger + fillers.

Face it guys, we just don't have the assets to get the #2 pick.