Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota open to trading No. 2 Pick

wow really? Fields along with our 17th pick could be enough to move up to a 4-7th pick. Throw in Douglass in there as well and it's definitely enough.

Even though I said they're ****ty for our team they're still solid players. People consider Fields an absolute steal and a first round talent. So we'd basically be trading them 2 first round pick for their higher 1st round pick.

Then we draft Kemba Walker......

close thread my ass.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

if we can snag that 2 pick i'd take Brandon Knight during the tournament this dude was nasty he's clutch too and has loads of potential his shot is already water and with billups here he would mentor him and really help his development process. Kemba Walker won't be a bad pick either although 2 might be a little too high of a spot for him but he isnt bad. overall i see a few good nba level players and only like 2-3 that can actually compete at allstar level.

Give them 2 first round picks, Landry Fields and Bill Walker in return for the 2nd pick.

Default Trade for #2

I would trade anyone on the Knicks, except for Stat and Melo, for the #2 pick.

That includes Douglas, Fields, and Billups.

I would not use the pick on Williams, but either on Kyrie Irving or Enes Kanter.

Do I think that the Knicks have the right pieces to offer the TWolves? Probably not, but that would not prevent me from talking to them.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by ducktales17
    wow really? Fields along with our 17th pick could be enough to move up to a 4-7th pick. Throw in Douglass in there as well and it's definitely enough.

Even though I said they're ****ty for our team they're still solid players. People consider Fields an absolute steal and a first round talent. So we'd basically be trading them 2 first round pick for their higher 1st round pick.

Then we draft Kemba Walker......

close thread my ass.

and minny will do this?????... what a joke... the simple fact that they would have like 7 guards an another combo guard is enough to laugh at this..

also minny is lookin for veteren help.. TD maybe but fields in no vet... id wonder where they would play TD....

we might as well ask for rubio and love

lets be realistic.. if you were kahn.. would you do it???? and why???

Originally Posted by moneyg
    and minny will do this?????... what a joke... the simple fact that they would have like 7 guards an another combo guard is enough to laugh at this..

also minny is lookin for veteren help.. TD maybe but fields in no vet... id wonder where they would play TD....

we might as well ask for rubio and love

lets be realistic.. if you were kahn.. would you do it???? and why???
    what the ****........ did you read my post? I said PICKS 4-7. Not Minny. Minny is 2. Cleveland could definitely use Fields and Douglass.

how can cleveland def use fields and douglas?
    they're drafting irving ( a guard)
    they have baron davis ( a guard)
    they have mo williams ( a guard)
    they have ramon sessions ( a guard)
    they have anthony parker ( a guard)
    ....should i go on?

what the ****........ did you read my post? I said PICKS 4-7. Not Minny. Minny is 2. Cleveland could definitely use Fields and Douglass.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

so cleveland will trade us their #4 pick for fields and douglass and outr #17.... dan gilbert will not.. u be better off tryin to get kahn to trade his #2

by the way who are we drafting?? at 4-7

Cleveland needs a stud.. they alrady have a bunch of role players... fields and td will not help.... they be better off trading up to #2 with minny and get derrick.....

i can see clevland offering the #4 pick to memphis...for rudy gay... thats what theyd like to do.. but i dobt memphis will do that...

who are we trading to 5, 6 or 7???..i dont see toronto, washington or Sac doin a trade like this either

Originally Posted by NYallDay
    they have ramon sessions ( a guard)
    ....should i go on?
    you shouldn't go on...... because they don't have mo williams bud. Awkward....... Plus, who says they won't draft Derrick Williams. Their ownership loves this kid. Plus, this could be wrong, but isn't sessions a free agent this year? unrestricted or restricted? If he is...... then there's only Parker and Davis.

they have ramon sessions
    ( a guard)
    ....should i go on?
    Those are all point guards.... and Mo Williams isn't even on the Cavs.

my bad about the mo williams one. ur right. but point being, they already have as good if not better players at the guard positions. y would they take fields/douglas. they dont need assets or role players, they need a guy/guys with potential whom they can market to the fans as their own.

pa
    you shouldn't go on...... because they don't have mo williams bud. Awkward....... Plus, who says they won't draft Derrick Williams. Their ownership loves this kid. Plus, this could be wrong, but isn't sessions a free agent this year? unrestricted or restricted? If he is...... then there's only Parker and Davis.

anthony parker a point guard, really, u sure about that?
    and what is TD (an undersized 2 guard? ) and Landry? (a 2guard who isnt athletic enough to take his man off the dribble ) and will be a unrestricted free agent after this season?

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Those are all point guards.... and Mo Williams isn't even on the Cavs.

anthony parker a point guard, really, u sure about that?
    and what is TD (an undersized 2 guard? ) and Landry? (a 2guard who isnt athletic enough to take his man off the dribble ) and will be a unrestricted free agent after this season?
    I put the point guards in bold letters....

Default Cleveland???

How did this turn into a thread about Cleveland and not Minnesota?

Cleveland is not making a deal, they are drafting #1 and #4. They certainly will not make a deal with an East Coast team, for pieces they do not need.

Minnesota might make a deal, in particular for Billups, since they have issues at PG and want a veteran, not another young talent project (they already have several of those).

I make the deal, not so much for Kyrie Irving (who I do not expect to be available at #2) nor for Derrick Williams (who we do not need unless he can play SG), but for Enes Kanter, who could become a dominant top-five center in a few years.

I still get Dalembert so that we can develop Kanter properly, and I try not to trade the #17 pick as part of the deal with Minnesota, so that I can still draft Faried or a mid-level PG. If Minnesota insists on the #17 pick then I try to get one of their young PGs as part of the deal.

Even if Cleveland were willing to deal (which they will not be), Kanter is probably not available at #4, so you are talking Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker. Nice players, but not a potentially dominant center (which is worth giving up Billups for). Otherwise, why not just draft a backup PG, and wait for CP3.

Trading our #17 + Fields + Douglas wouldn't even get us a top 8 pick. Plus, Donnie wouldn't trade 3 potential rotational players for 1 player considering we only have 8 players on the roster and are well over the cap. We need depth and taking away our starting SG and our 6th man will not help.