Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minnesota open to trading No. 2 Pick

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Trading our #17 + Fields + Douglas wouldn't even get us a top 8 pick. Plus, Donnie wouldn't trade 3 potential rotational players for 1 player considering we only have 8 players on the roster and are well over the cap. We need depth and taking away our starting SG and our 6th man will not help.
    I'm fine with your opinion but I couldn't disagree more with that statement. If we could re draft the 2010 draft right now Fields would go in the 1st 15 picks no problem, plus TD who has some good skill sets. Of course that's enough to trade up.

this draft class is terrible.. i can deffinetly see teams trading a 4-9 pick for proven nba backups like douglas and fields.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

The fact that we are actually having this conversation is amazing. What GM is going to risk further damaging there reputation with their fan base by trading there lottery pick for Landry Field or Toney Douglas. For example " congrats fans we stunk all year and now just so the Knicks can get better we are going to give our lottery pick up for Toney Douglas or Landry Fields.

People make moves like that to bring in veterans not unproven players especially ones fresh off horrible play and a 4-0 playoff sweep. Top ten picks are supposed to be players that are going to impact your team immediately and set your team up for the future. I am a big time fan just like all of you but I prefer the Reference section of my library rather than fiction. **** like that is what get GM's and coach's fired.

we're a terrible team. melo, amare, and everything else around them is trash (except dantoni and maybe douglas) smart move to trade galo over fields

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by ducktales17
    I'm fine with your opinion but I couldn't disagree more with that statement. If we could re draft the 2010 draft right now Fields would go in the 1st 15 picks no problem, plus TD who has some good skill sets. Of course that's enough to trade up.

so if you were a GM yould trade your #4 pick for a 17 pick .. fields and TD???

Originally Posted by moneyg
    so if you were a GM yould trade your #4 pick for a 17 pick .. fields and TD???
    It depends. Do I value anyone high enough at that #4 pick and does the cap hold of a 4th overall pick cost more or less than Fields and Douglas? If I feel the combo of Fields and Douglas at $1.8M next year is more valuable than anyone left on my board for $3.7M then I make the move. I get two players I value, for half the price.

The question is, how would TD fit on that Cleveland roster. They're conceivably gonna have Kyrie and Davis at the PG, and they already have an undersized shooter in Gibson (but he'd be in the last year of his deal tho.) They can definitely use Fields. And they'd still have a 2nd first round pick, a cheaper one, but since everyone swears we can get value there, then so can they.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    It depends. Do I value anyone high enough at that #4 pick and does the cap hold of a 4th overall pick cost more or less than Fields and Douglas? If I feel the combo of Fields and Douglas at $1.8M next year is more valuable than anyone left on my board for $3.7M then I make the move. I get two players I value, for half the price.

The question is, how would TD fit on that Cleveland roster. They're conceivably gonna have Kyrie and Davis at the PG, and they already have an undersized shooter in Gibson (but he'd be in the last year of his deal tho.) They can definitely use Fields. And they'd still have a 2nd first round pick, a cheaper one, but since everyone swears we can get value there, then so can they.

you would have to add in the cost of the 17th pick as well... i guess there would be a GM that stupid enough to do it... id luv for him to contact the knicks

Rumors are floating around that Minny may trade the #2 pick + Beasley + rights to Rubio to Indiana for Danny Granger + fillers.

Face it guys, we just don't have the assets to get the #2 pick.