NBA Draft Combine

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Marshon Brooks

This thread has quality contributions from finestrg. I am liking Marshon Brooks so much that I doubt he will be available at 17. But we have many needs. It would be nice to get another pick or two. I would make either or both of Douglas and Fields available.

Wargames

Starter
Hahn just wrote an article stating that the Knicks are looking to have a special camp for D-leaguers possibly undrafted players and International players early this June to see whom to invite to training camp to try out. As Hahn states the Knicks are trying to find some gems in the rough to add depth to the team. He mentioned a player named Vernon goodrigde a 6'9 Pf that reminds him of Anthony Mason.

finestrg

Rotation player
Hahn just wrote an article stating that the Knicks are looking to have a special camp for D-leaguers possibly undrafted players and International players early this June to see whom to invite to training camp to try out. As Hahn states the Knicks are trying to find some gems in the rough to add depth to the team. He mentioned a player named Vernon goodrigde a 6'9 Pf that reminds him of Anthony Mason.

Best news I heard in awhile. I'm glad they recognize the need to do this and look in this direction...I remember Donnie was high on Goodridge last year. Hopefully we do bring him in for a closer look. No problem with that at all. Let's hope they don't stop there with Goodridge though. Keep digging..

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
That kid Brooks.. he's got a lil bit of Kobe in em..

Not saying he's going to be Kobe or anything like that. Don't get it twisted.

But I see some similarities in their games.

Dude looks like a young broke man's Kobe.

I'd take em at 17 if he's still there.

moneyg

Starter
Thanks for the nice feedback guys...Much appreciated. :)

im starting to warm up to marshon.... id like us to buy into the first and second round.. while im all for faried at 17.. if Marshon is there.. you have to consider it

he has great footwork.. remind me of a more athletic paul pierce.. i do see the young kobe comparisons though.. wondering if its just the afro

marshon-brooks-feb-16-2011-200.jpg

images

Wargames

Starter
Well after doing some more reading/research I think the Knicks should draft Darius Morris due to him being the best traditional PG likely available at 17. Then they could buy a pick (maybe the thunders 24) and get Brooks. Just as much for the fact that he could be the traditional sg the Knicks need as it is to keep him away from teams like the bulls and heat who are a traditional sg away from being a major threat into the future.

Keep in mind I truly see them taking jimmer if he is there at 17 since it looks like they have been scouting him since forever. I'm not sure that's the right move but I also can't see him falling to 17 with all the hype he has about his shooting ability.

Thugball

Benchwarmer
Props to Finestrg on this thread, there is a lot of good stuff in here. I'm starting to think that we should draft brooks, buy a second to get hansbrough, then sign a guy that will fill the role faried would have played like Jeff Adrien (UConn Alum whatup). But really I would be happy if we drafted faried or brooks.

Rob Low

Rotation player
im starting to warm up to marshon.... id like us to buy into the first and second round.. while im all for faried at 17.. if Marshon is there.. you have to consider it

he has great footwork.. remind me of a more athletic paul pierce.. i do see the young kobe comparisons though.. wondering if its just the afro

I think we should draft Faried at 17 then buy a pick around 20 and draft Brooks

IRepNY

Rookie
We should draft Kenneth Faried, then head to F/A n pick up Rafer Alston or Jason Williams, I sure we can get him to think about reconsidering retirement again.

moneyg

Starter
I think we should draft Faried at 17 then buy a pick around 20 and draft Brooks

thats an idea but who knows who will go first... brooks seems to be rising and he might be off the board before faried.... but if we can do it.. im all for it.. id like a second rounder too....to fill any need that wasnt addressed with the first round pick(s).

like a PG if we go the above route...the good thing about marshon is he can handle the ball and plays with poise. he shot an amazing 48% from the field for a guard....thats real good. considering he was forced to take tough shots being his teams best option....if you watch this guys foot work and pace... he appears to be NBA ready

Rob Low

Rotation player
thats an idea but who knows who will go first... brooks seems to be rising and he might be off the board before faried.... but if we can do it.. im all for it.. id like a second rounder too....to fill any need that wasnt addressed with the first round pick(s).

like a PG if we go the above route...the good thing about marshon is he can handle the ball and plays with poise. he shot an amazing 48% from the field for a guard....thats real good. considering he was forced to take tough shots being his teams best option....if you watch this guys foot work and pace... he appears to be NBA ready

Ya im definitely a big Brooks fan but I think Faried can help us more if we had to choose one, but hopefully we can get both.

Then if we can get a second rounder I would take the best available big cause I don't think they'll be any solid PGs that late, plus im still hoping we can trade for Sessions.

finestrg

Rotation player
Here's a link to Chris Sheridan's Knick blog over at ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks

Contains a lot of good information. A ton of Knicks coverage going back months..I enjoyed reading his recent 'rating the centers' & 'rating the point guards' entries and look forward to seeing what SGs & PFs he thinks would be good fits for NY. Also, he mentioned that 'a large contingent' of Knick personnel were at the Combine 'including team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni, watching and interviewing prospects.' That's good. At least we know they were there to have a look firsthand. Chris Singleton said that there were actually 12 people in the room when he interviewed with the Knicks..Wow..LOL. Looks like we had everyone there. Good. Donnie can never have enough input on draft prospects..

Last edited: