OLY Quarterfinal 1: USA 102 - Spain 94

rady

Administrator
Staff member
we're doomed, spain won all their games.. :(
well, at least they'll put up a great show..

newmove

Rotation player
I don't think it's over for us. It would've been worse if we'd faced Lithuania or Argentina. I think we'll advance to the next round.

JJtheKnick

Starter
dont worry this team knows what its about now. they have been working together and i think we are ganna beat spain but it depends on ther defence.

newmove

Rotation player
I think Duncan can easily handle Gasol. And he's their main man so I'm pretty sure we're up next. The thing that really disturbs me is that we might face Lithuania again...

vince

Rookie
You seems to be very confident... In my opinion spain has better chemistry and shooters. And it seems like you don't know anything about spain cause they have other great players like navarro or fernandez. And gasol isn't the type of player that you can "easily" handle. I think that team usa can win but they will have to play a lot better than they did in the first round. Though game in perspective...

newmove

Rotation player
vince said:
You seems to be very confident... In my opinion spain has better chemistry and shooters. And it seems like you don't know anything about spain cause they have other great players like navarro or fernandez. And gasol isn't the type of player that you can "easily" handle. I think that team usa can win but they will have to play a lot better than they did in the first round. Though game in perspective...
Just recall Memphis-SanAntonio games through this season and you'd get the answer wether Duncan can shut down Gasol or not.

I know Spain's got shooters but so we do. And we've got more tallented players than Spain. If they play man'n'man we're easily up. If they play zone we'd need more decent D and mor rotation of the ball. But it seems we've got that ratiotion. Like we did against Greece for example.

And yes, I'm confident.

JJtheKnick

Starter
the US has been playing together for awhile now so they jsut keep getting better and better.

And yes, I'm also confident.

yeaa we have 2 win i mean we'r USA but Marbury has to step it up al he does is pass or shott hes gota start driving like he does 4 us and hsow the world how good he is and AI hasto look good 2 hes out captain.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
usa by 4 reason is team defence great rebounding, adn excpect big stuff from jefferson, he was looking pretty nice at the end in the loss agaisnt lithuania

jayp

Benchwarmer
Pau Gasol determines Spain's outcome.. If he plays well then Team USA will have their hands full, but if he is contained then they(USA) have the advantage..

JJtheKnick

Starter
its a tie game right now towards the end of the thrid and marburyis hot hes 8 for 11 with 5 3 pointers. BUT ITS A TIE GAME AM GETTING WORRIED

rady

Administrator
Staff member
MARBURY IZ DA MAN!!!
5 threes out of 7!
31 pts
4 ass

Huge win :)

USA wins 102-94

rady

Administrator
Staff member
marbury just set a new record with his 31 points. the previous record was set by charles barkley in 92 and by yugoslavia's adrian dantley in 76 (30 points)