Thread: Even The Coming Rapture Just Leads To Jokes About The Knicks

Nyk Logo Even The Coming Rapture Just Leads To Jokes About The Knicks

A few people out there think an awfully big event is coming tomorrow – [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. But while the end of the world as we know it (and those ascending to heaven [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) would be the biggest story, well, ever, a lot of people (i.e. nearly everyone) are skeptical.
    Among the skeptics is New York City mayor Mike Bloomberg. Bloomberg pledged today that if a Doomsday scenario actually comes to pass, all bets are off on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], but he also made clear he’s not expecting it…and in explaining why not, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Of course he did.
    “The world cannot end tomorrow. It can’t end at least until the Knicks win a championship again. So we got a long time to go.”
    This after they actually make the playoffs. This after they make their most aggressive attempt to be relevant in years by signing Amar’e Stoudemire and trading for Carmelo Anthony. And this is flak from the mayor of the city the Knicks play in, for crying out loud. And so if we learned one thing today, it’s this: the ineptitude of the James Dolan era outweighs all…including the end of days.

Mayor Blomberg is a realist unlike many people on this board.

I had no problem with Mayor Bloomberg's comment.. Making the playoffs ain't ****.. We gotta become a title contender again. That can be considered "Doing something relevant"

it made me lol...at least when the world is about to end the mayor thinks of the knicks.

I was actually thinking the same thing so I don't see anything disrespectful about what he said lol.