Brandon Jennings Available?

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
According to ProBasketballTalk:

The Milkwaukee Bucks are open to talks of moving Brandon Jennings during draft day if the offer is right. ProBasketballTalk says of course the Knicks will be interested but rags on us because of the fact that we supposedly don't have enough to squire him.

I love Jennings despite his struggles this past season and he is a hometown NY kid who we passed up on draft day. Would we have what it takes to land him if Milwaukee was open to trading him?

According to ProBasketballTalk:

The Milkwaukee Bucks are open to talks of moving Brandon Jennings during draft day if the offer is right. ProBasketballTalk says of course the Knicks will be interested but rags on us because of the fact that we supposedly don't have enough to squire him.

I love Jennings despite his struggles this past season and he is a hometown NY kid who we passed up on draft day. Would we have what it takes to land him if Milwaukee was open to trading him?
WTF?? Brandon Jennings is from California.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Jennings is a player who needs a leash. If you can control this guy and make him more into a playmaker you could have a potential VERY GOOD PG. He has too much freedom with the Bucks. He'll have even more freedom here with Antoni. Not a good fit. I think he would be fantastic on a team like Boston, Miami, or Memphis.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Jennings is a player who needs a leash. If you can control this guy and make him more into a playmaker you could have a potential VERY GOOD PG. He has too much freedom with the Bucks. He'll have even more freedom here with Antoni. Not a good fit. I think he would be fantastic on a team like Boston, Miami, or Memphis.
I don't know, D'Antoni might bench him fourteen days.

finestrg

Rotation player
After he said **** the Knicks last year?

**** him I don't want a ball chucker that shoots 30% from the field and 20% from three.

Exactly..Forgot for a sec about him having a few choice words for the Knicks when we passed on him..And you're right -- he's a good up & coming PG who's young & talented but far from elite level. Will he ever get there? I dunno..Maybe, maybe not. I don't think he's worth Fields & the pick at 17 right now though.

Here's yet another guy I question whether or not we can find comparable talent/value elsewhere for much, much cheaper..I don't know about you guys but to me, Curtis Jerrells & Tyrese Rice are two young lefty PGs that haven't made the NBA yet but have very similar games and overall talent to Brandon Jennings...You can't convince me that Jennings is far and away a better player than either one of these guys, esp. Jerrells who I like even more than Rice...We could go out right now and offer either of these guys a reasonable/modest contract and that might be enough as far as finding that 3rd PG goes..I'd be satisfied with that. Jerrells & Rice can both play. I remember them both well in college. Tell ya what, forget 3rd PG, I'd rather have Curtis Jerrells over Toney Douglas as my backup PG next year:

I just wish the Knicks had the courage to give a guy like Jerrells a real look. I'd look at it as a win-win: either we find a young guy that could really help us fortify the rotation for years to come AND ON THE CHEAP --OR-- we'd come up with a guy talented enough to use as a future trade asset for a guy like Chris Paul... There are so many guys out there just like Jerrells and Rice that could help us, at all different positions. We really should be looking at guys like this right now. Leave no stone unturned in your search for talent, Donnie.

Last edited: