What do you think about this offseason?

This is what i want to happen this offseason, I don't want to do anything too crazy.

- Buy a late 1st round pick like we did with Douglas.
- Draft Faried at #17, draft Jenkins with the other draft pick.
- Sign Reggie Williams, good ball IQ, he's cheap, he's an excellent three point shooter and plays solid defense.
- Bring Jerome Jordan back.
- Sign a cheap vet like Nazr Mohammed, Jeff Foster.
- Resign Shawne Williams and Anthony Carter(Vet minimum)

Last edited:

Thugball

Benchwarmer
Solid. Im pushing for Hansbrough as our bought pick, I got to see Ben play a lot in Big East play and I liked what I saw. I don't know much about Jenkins, what's his game like?

IRepNY

Rookie
I'm going to drop my opinion.

1- We buy either 18th to 21st draft pick.
2- Draft Kenneth Faried and Josh Selby
3- Pick up some Vets. Narz and Larry Hughes ( Yes this guy. )
Thanks for reading.

Wargames

Starter
1. Draft the bpa at 17 regardless of position but defer to good PGs first.
2. Buy a pick then draft the best PG available if 17 was not a PG or get a sg.
3. Offer the MLE to D'andre Jordan. If he says no give it to Wilson Chandler.
5. Trade for Robin Lopez with a cheap player and cash consideration.
6. Bring J Jordan over

Starters
Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Lopez

Bench
W Chandler
T Douglas
S Williams
J Jordan
R Turiaf
D Brown
Pick 1
Pick 2
Best player Knicks can find.

Before the year is done at least a few of these players can be made into trade assets.

Last edited:

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
1. Draft the bpa at 17 regardless of position but defer to good PGs first.
2. Buy a pick then draft the best PG available if 17 was not a PG or get a sg.
3. Offer the MLE to D'andre Jordan. If he says no give it to Wilson Chandler.
5. Trade for Robin Lopez with a cheap player and cash consideration.
6. Bring J Jordan over

Starters
Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Lopez

Bench
W Chandler
T Douglas
S Williams
J Jordan
R Turiaf
D Brown
Pick 1
Pick 2
Best player Knicks can find.

Before the year is done at least a few of these players can be made into trade assets.

this all sounds really good only problem is i dont see it happening at all.. but maybe :crossfingers:

moneyg

Starter
this all sounds really good only problem is i dont see it happening at all.. but maybe :crossfingers:

i like three guys in this draft

darius morris
marshon brooks
kenneth faried

we can draft one with our 17th, buy one.. and get another in a trade involving billy walker, rautins...derrick brown

sign tmac
go after dalembert which will probably fall of deaf ears...so get foster, prizz, mohamed or trade for lopez

bring over jerome jordan

billups/morris/td
tmac/marshon
melo/fields/williams
amare/faried
lopez/vet center and j jordan

the good thing about getting tmac is you can play him and TD together.. and let tmac run the point

id be happy with this and we can preserve cap space

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
Working with the idea of keeping the bulk of our cap flexibility intact for the summer of 2012:

(1) Draft Marshon Brooks at 17.

(2) Acquire a 2nd 1st rounder (I'd offer Toney Douglas and $3M cash, maybe even Rautins) and draft Nikola Vucevic. I'd prefer to hold onto Landry Fields but If I knew I could secure both Marshon Brooks AND Matt Bouldin, I might even dangle Fields & cash for the pick, then use Rautins and cash to get the 2nd rounder.

(3) Acquire a 2nd rounder, the higher the better (using as much cash as Dolan will allow [offer 1st round pick-type money if that's what it'll take] and maybe Andy Rautins) and draft Ben Hansbrough.

(4) If we can't get Hansbrough, sign either PG Curtis Jerrells or Curtis Stinson to be either the 3rd PG or primary backup to Billups.

(5) Piece together the rest of the roster smartly, continuing to plug holes wherever needed:
• Sign FA C Dwayne Jones for added size and rebounding (the guy's an EXCELLENT rebounder and would be a very good role player here).
• Sign PF Jeff Adrien for his grit, toughness & even more rebounding.
• Sign SG Matt Bouldin for his shooting, toughness and versatility (he takes over the Billy Walker role--he's an upgrade over Walker and would come cheaper than Walker's $916K option).
• Sign SF/PF DeShawn Sims or Joe Alexander - quality frontcourt depth behind STAT and Melo.
• Invite 6'8" SF Tim Abromaitis to summer league/training camp for his shooting ability and added depth (could take over the Shawne Williams role if Shawne wants too much money). If he plays well, offer him a contract.

(6) Bring in Jerome Jordan - incorporate both he and Andy Rautins if he's still around.

EDIT: Just saw on shamsports.com that Jeff Adrien is still technically Golden State property. He signed a partially-guaranteed deal for next season for $788,872 with only $50,000 guaranteed up front. The remainder kicks in provided he isn't waived by 6/20/11 (which is right before the draft). If I'm Donnie, I'm monitoring this situation closely. If the Warriors cut him loose, I'd jump all over him. If I could get Adrien along with a 2nd big to help out with the rebounding (say a Dwayne Jones) I don't think there's a need to take Faried at 17.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Thabeet

Thabeet appears to have been a disastrous number 3 pick. Both his baskeball IQ and his motivation, as well as his effectiveness when he does play, have been severely questioned. But he is 7'3" and athletic. He earns a little over $5M next year, but there is a team option for the following year. Can we get him for Turiaf who will earn about $4.6M next year? Might it be worth it?

Wargames

Starter
Thabeet appears to have been a disastrous number 3 pick. Both his baskeball IQ and his motivation, as well as his effectiveness when he does play, have been severely questioned. But he is 7'3" and athletic. He earns a little over $5M next year, but there is a team option for the following year. Can we get him for Turiaf who will earn about $4.6M next year? Might it be worth it?

I guess it depends on how well J Jordan plays but honestly I think they should keep Turiaf no way he goes for more than 2 million after this year because everyone knows he is injury prone. Having 3 C's for depth isn't bad if they're all cheap. If we draft a decent SG to come off the bench then I am thinking T Douglas becomes the Knicks best trade piece.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
I'm definately an advocate of bringing Jerome Jordan back from overseas. He addresses a key need of the team due to his size and, from videos I've seen online, seems to have a pretty decent inside game. He could be very useful as a rotation player.

As for our draft situation, I'm very torn between drafting Faried or Brooks. If there were a way of getting both I would definately do it. Faried's rebounding and hustle play impresses me immensly and is a great skill to bring to the current Knicks. From what I've seen of Brooks online he seems to be an explosive scorer, which we could benefit from at the SG position off the bench, and provide some decent cover for Landry Fields (who I am huge fan of) which may help prevent Fields' performance dropping off again next season.

Wargames

Starter
well the rumor is that Portland is looking to buyout/ Allan Houston Exception / ask Brandon Roy to retire. What do you guys think about signing him for a min to be a 6th man off the bench?

Wargames

Starter
forget about what I wrote about Roy apparently Detroit may trade RIP to the Cavs where he could be bought out for most of his contract. Maybe the Knicks with Chauncy's help can recruit him for cheap.

Along with that the Timberwolves would now have two top ten Picks but with 12 players signed each or possibly both of those picks are up for grabs. Maybe the Knicks can get Bismack :afro:

stuff like this makes the fact that the entire scouting branch of the Knicks went to the Combine and scouted/interviewed basically everybody seem like a great move

Link

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Just review

NEEDS:
1.) A starting caliber center that is defensively-oriented.
2.) Defensively-oriented role players.
3.) A backup PG/PG of the future.
4.) A 2nd bench scoring threat; preferably a foward (other than Toney Douglas).

Final Result:
KNICKS ROSTER:

Starters
Raymond Felton...PG
Andre Igoudala...SG
Carmelo Anthony...SF
Taj Gibson...PF
Dwight Howard...C

Rotation
TJ Ford...PG
Sasha Vujacic...G
Wilson Chandler...F
Shawne Williams...F
Jeff Foster/Kwame Brown...C

Bench Fodder
Anthony Carter...PG
Nolan Smith/Charles Jenkins...PG
Roger Mason Jr.....G/F
Jared Jefferies...F
Alexis Ajinca...C

How this came to be...
Code:
[URL="http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/29428817/0/L"]New York Knicks 2011 Off Season Blueprint[/URL]

LJ4ptplay

Starter
NEEDS:
1.) A starting caliber center that is defensively-oriented.
2.) Defensively-oriented role players.
3.) A backup PG/PG of the future.
4.) A 2nd bench scoring threat; preferably a foward (other than Toney Douglas).

Final Result:
KNICKS ROSTER:

Starters
Raymond Felton...PG
Andre Igoudala...SG
Carmelo Anthony...SF
Taj Gibson...PF
Dwight Howard...C

Rotation
TJ Ford...PG
Sasha Vujacic...G
Wilson Chandler...F
Shawne Williams...F
Jeff Foster/Kwame Brown...C

Bench Fodder
Anthony Carter...PG
Nolan Smith/Charles Jenkins...PG
Roger Mason Jr.....G/F
Jared Jefferies...F
Alexis Ajinca...C

How this came to be...
Code:
[URL="http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/29428817/0/L"]New York Knicks 2011 Off Season Blueprint[/URL]

Sh*t. While you're at it, trade Bill Walker for Kobe Bryant.

P.S. I think you are going to be a very disappointed fan after this summer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Firing the Dantoni-brothers will be the Knicks best move
of the offseason.

The reason why we must FIRE the Dantoni-brothers early this offseason
was clarified the day after the Melo-Trade....
Dantoni knows nothing about NBA players in the league.
Plus we all should know by now Dantoni has been clueless of every
prospect in the NCAA, since coaching in Denver.

The Knicks record was 29-26 the day of the Melo-trade, while the
Nuggets record was 32-25.
How come the Nuggets finished the season with a 50-32 record compared
to the Knicks 42-40 record.
Knicks 13-14
Nuggets 18-7
Do not mention injuries.....or we will go back to Mobley playing 35 minutes
of every game with the Clippers untill traded to the Knicks (Players will play
through some of their worst injuries for their team and coach. Allan Houston
played every other game untill the hiring of Isiah Thomas.).
Coach Karl had a system to work the new players into.
Dantoni's system is go for what u know.
Would u want to be involve in Dantoni type of system vs the systematic-
Celtics in a playoff series???