Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marbury/K. Thomas

Default Marbury/K. Thomas

What's up with Marbury? His Olympic performance has been pathetic! He scores about 2 points a game. All Steph does is pass or miss three's, why doesn't he take the ball to the hoop? As for the Knicks, they will never win a championship with Kurt Thomas as the starting power forward! Kurt is boring!!!

Tim Duncan = Boring = 2 championships

While Kurt is not Tim Duncan, you dont need an exciting player to win Championships...

Default Re: Marbury/K. Thomas

Originally Posted by I am the game
    What's up with Marbury? His Olympic performance has been pathetic! He scores about 2 points a game. All Steph does is pass or miss three's, why doesn't he take the ball to the hoop? As for the Knicks, they will never win a championship with Kurt Thomas as the starting power forward! Kurt is boring!!!
    he cant just take the ball and go to the hoop. olympic style ball is different they usually have so many people jammed in the lane that its near impossible for marbury to do it as much as he does in the nba. thats one of the reaosns that eprimiter shooting is such a great asset in the olympics

Superstar

Plus they play zone. That makes it even worse. Steph is not used to break zone D so all he's got left is shoot threes. Tell more, he plays point so his first option is to pass the ball, not to shoot.

Originally Posted by pbjb14
    he cant just take the ball and go to the hoop. olympic style ball is different they usually have so many people jammed in the lane that its near impossible for marbury to do it as much as he does in the nba. thats one of the reaosns that eprimiter shooting is such a great asset in the olympics
    If you're good enough, a zone defense still can't stop you from penetrating. Kobe is 6' 6" and he would still get to the basket easily! You don't know talent and you can't spell. Steph is clearly no superstar!!!

Originally Posted by youadmireme2
    Tim Duncan = Boring = 2 championships

While Kurt is not Tim Duncan, you dont need an exciting player to win Championships...
    You said it! Kurt is no Tim Duncan! Kurts stats are decent because nobody else rebounds except Sweetney (when he gets minutes)! Also, he has no shot blocking ability! Watch the tapes and get real!

i think coach brown give that kind of job to marbury, he certainly told him to pass the ball a lot and involve his team mates not to shoot the ball.

i'm sure he could easily take over the game just like everyone else on the squad, but it's all about teamwork..

brown should have not gotten the job because his style of coahcing is all about plays and defense.....if u want to have good defesnse in da games u got to havve time wit the players witch u dont get and also these players just want to go out and play not do coach browns plays...if it was up to me to pick a coach.....since they like to play zone.[...i would have pick the coach from minnesota.....they play the zone and they know how to break the zone

Originally Posted by jayp
    i'm sure he could easily take over the game just like everyone else on the squad, but it's all about teamwork..
    probably but i would like to see him score a little more.

Superstar

Originally Posted by datruth
    brown should have not gotten the job because his style of coahcing is all about plays and defense.....if u want to have good defesnse in da games u got to havve time wit the players witch u dont get and also these players just want to go out and play not do coach browns plays...if it was up to me to pick a coach.....since they like to play zone.[...i would have pick the coach from minnesota.....they play the zone and they know how to break the zone
    Why, I'm very pleased with Brown coachin the US squad. He's very good and he knows how to make team a real team, not a bunch of players. And his D attitude - that's why he's so good. Remember that "D wins championships" - Larry prooved it once again.

Superstar

Marbury is not a superstar b/c he is not on a winning team. Iverson is but he can't break the zone neither. The only way to break a zone is to shootthe ball well from outside. Or quick passes in the middle. Jason Kidd went through the same bashing Marbury went through before he wen to the Nets. Now that Kidd went to the Finals twice he is known as a superstar (point guard). If there is a problem with Marbury in these Oplympics it is his defense. He needs to do a better job.

Originally Posted by Blumatic
    Marbury is not a superstar b/c he is not on a winning team. Iverson is but he can't break the zone neither. The only way to break a zone is to shootthe ball well from outside. Or quick passes in the middle. Jason Kidd went through the same bashing Marbury went through before he wen to the Nets. Now that Kidd went to the Finals twice he is known as a superstar (point guard). If there is a problem with Marbury in these Oplympics it is his defense. He needs to do a better job.
    What? you have to be on a winning to to be a superstar what about ray allen, T-Mac, lebron james, Paul Pierce and Vince Carter and there is so many more. marbury is one of the best if not the best PG in the NBA.

Originally Posted by pbjb14
    If you're good enough, a zone defense still can't stop you from penetrating. Kobe is 6' 6" and he would still get to the basket easily! You don't know talent and you can't spell. Steph is clearly no superstar!!!

first off your right i can't spell, but i do know talent and marbury is a star. Kobe is 6'6" longer then marbury and a better penetrater overall then marbury, and a 2 gaurd. Those are the reasons he can get to the basket so easily. Brown did tell marbury to play olympic style basketball thats what hes gonna have to do if theyre gonna win. I do agree that he is playing a little to passive, but he cant play in the olympics like he does with the knicks... so obviously you got some mental problems if u think steph could just take over the game with out getting crap from the coach and the other players on the usa team.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Blumatic
    Marbury is not a superstar
    I take it as a joke. No more no less. Just a baaaad joke.

ps: and AI can break the zone. He's doin' aight on the Olympics, remember.