Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: We're going to need Chris Paul if we want to get by Miami's big three.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Nyk Logo We're going to need Chris Paul if we want to get by Miami's big three.

    Does anybody reeally think we won't need this guy to beat Miami in a playoff series??

    We need the ultimate floor-general-alchemist.

    No pretenders @ the PG position will do..

    CP3.. Period. Point Blank. Done.

    Get him here.

    Please Donnie!!! Please! Get him here however you can. Kidnap him if you have to.

    And Lord,

    Please don't let the new CBA be prohibitive to us getting this man. Please lord.. so that CP3 can fulfill the promise during that fateful toast at Carmelo's wedding, where he n La-la joined in holy matrimony in your name... so he can makes us a championship contender..

    And can you please give the league a 75 million hard cap? Please Lord..

    I pray in Jesus' name...

    Amen

    Seriously though guys we need this guy.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,582
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    This just in: an elderly man using a walker, wearing a mask, and carrying a large potato sack was just arrested on the grounds of Chris Paul's home.

  3. #3
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    This just in: an elderly man using a walker, wearing a mask, and carrying a large potato sack was just arrested on the grounds of Chris Paul's home.
    This gave me a good lol..

  4. #4
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    CP3 would be a dream come true, but we can't lay our eggs into the free agency basket until 2012 at the earliest & we used up most of our assets to land Melo. Getting CP3 here is gonna be a tough proposition. One thing I think is pretty obvious though is that this system needs an MVP calibre PG to have much success.

  5. #5
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    CP3 would be a dream come true, but we can't lay our eggs into the free agency basket until 2012 at the earliest & we used up most of our assets to land Melo. Getting CP3 here is gonna be a tough proposition. One thing I think is pretty obvious though is that this system needs an MVP calibre PG to have much success.
    If CP3 wants to be here no matter what. He will be here. Thats it.

  6. #6
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I dig cp3 a ton and want him here too...but...Miami doesn't have much at point and look where they are at. Our bigs are letting us down as well as a defensive coach. I think no matter who we get, we won't win it all unless this team seriously picks up the Defense..

    On that note, CP3 and a decent big, and a few better role players could get it done if we follow what i said above

  7. #7
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by petescud
    I dig cp3 a ton and want him here too...but...Miami doesn't have much at point and look where they are at. Our bigs are letting us down as well as a defensive coach. I think no matter who we get, we won't win it all unless this team seriously picks up the Defense..

    On that note, CP3 and a decent big, and a few better role players could get it done if we follow what i said above
    Miami is able to play lock down defense when they have to, plus they have 2 of the top players in the game running the show that can both create their own shot & create for others on their team, we don't currently have that. Both STAT & Melo are premier scorers, but they are not ball facilitators, & our defense sucks ass. MDA's teams need an MVP quality PG running the show to be successful.

  8. #8
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    We might need CP3 and D12. Miami's playing some serious ball.

  9. #9
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    Miami is able to play lock down defense when they have to, plus they have 2 of the top players in the game running the show that can both create their own shot & create for others on their team, we don't currently have that. Both STAT & Melo are premier scorers, but they are not ball facilitators, & our defense sucks ass. MDA's teams need an MVP quality PG running the show to be successful.
    I agree with everything you said. But CP3 coming here has nothing to do with MDA being successful. We still need that coach. Unless MDA changes.

Similar Threads

  1. Report: Chris Paul still wants to be traded
    By KnicksWillRiseAgain in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 28, 2010, 21:34
  2. The Official Chris Paul to the Knicks Thread
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 24, 2010, 14:36
  3. Chris Paul to Knicks?
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2010, 19:28
  4. GOLD MAC 10 ends Paul vs Williams debate!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: Mar 05, 2008, 19:06
  5. Vince Carter to the Knicks?
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2008, 17:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •