What about a big man

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
If everyone is so concerned about beating the heat and wanting to get cp3 to do it etc.. why aren't we focusing on getting a dominant big man? They have no size to stop a big...

Lebron just shut down the best PG in the game, joel anthony gives stat problems and u still have bosh and wade to guard melo.

No one on that team can stop dwight howard or any high quality 7 footer.. Especially not with melo and stat playing along side him, opening up the floor...

Now i know its not easy to find a big man like that but its also not going to be easy to get Chris Paul...

Blumatic

Rotation player
If everyone is so concerned about beating the heat and wanting to get cp3 to do it etc.. why aren't we focusing on getting a dominant big man? They have no size to stop a big...

Lebron just shut down the best PG in the game, joel anthony gives stat problems and u still have bosh and wade to guard melo.

No one on that team can stop dwight howard or any high quality 7 footer.. Especially not with melo and stat playing along side him, opening up the floor...

Now i know its not easy to find a big man like that but its also not going to be easy to get Chris Paul...

Whose gonna make plays for this team. STAT and D12 wont fit unless one makes a huge sacrifice. And the the sacrifice they will make makes them less than a max contract player. D12 will just rebound and block shots. Cant ask STAT to sacrifice. As great as he is he is not an all around player.

CP3 will maximize the skills of any player on the court including STAT and Melo. CP3 plays defense. Miami doesnt have a big man, but they play great defense.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Then who guards MELO? The Bulls are offensively challenged. The Knicks arent. They put Bron on CP3 and MELO goes nuts. Miami cant matchup...

EEEEEEEEEEExactly. Maybe Wade guards CP3 But Wade is not tall enough to frustrate Paul.

You know why Boston really lost. Its because Rondo was such a liability on offense. Refused to shoot. Made it easy to guard the Celtics (which make MDA look even worse).

Miami faced alot of flawed teams in this playoffs. None of them had the talent they had. Miami knew that they just had to hang in there with Chicago then they just blow the doors open. They cant do that with us. Especially if CP3 is running circles and hitting open jumpers.

But we need defense.

Wargames

Starter

I think your right but the proof will be in the Mav's game Tyson Chandler will be the best big the Heat have faced this offseason.

They're gonna want some combination of Haslem, Bosh and Joel Anthony to stop Dirk and that would allow Wade and Jame to roam the perimeter defensively. The X factor for the Mavs will be Tyson's Defense and Dirks ability to draw fouls.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I would love a big and thre is no doubting that if a quality big is available we should snatch him up. That said, Rose is not as good as CP3 and certainly not in the areas where he would impact our team verse the Heat. Rose is a scoring PG on a team that lacks another legit scorer so its easy to focus on him. CP3 would be going bananas with Melo and especially Amare and I don't think any team could really stop that. No one could stop Nash/Amare (as far shutting down their offense) so CP3/Amare/melo would be almost invincible. We would just need to get some Kurt Thomas type bigs to fill out the roster and we would be all good.