I invite all to this discussion. MDA Pros vs Cons

OK I know we've battled this to no end. But. What I'd like to do is get what everyone thinks are MDA's strengths and weaknesses are. I'm biased so going in I'm thinking the Cons are going to far outweigh the pros. If I'm wrong I'll seriously reconsider my stance. I'll get the list started.

Also I'd like to add that the MDA fans always seem to be on the defensive. This is a chance for them to point out his advantages...[/I][/I]

CON:

1) MDA's teams are defensively challenged. This is the best case scenerio. Many basketball analyst have said his teams are downright horrible.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
CON
2. He's stubborn and doesn't play projects that can be decent players.(ex. Anthony Randolph, Corey Brewer, etc.)

Pro
1. A lot of easy open looks
2. Fun to watch high paced action

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Pros:

1. Players like playing for him

2. Ball movement leads to open shots for shooters and off balance defenses.

Cons:

1. Loves his stars t0o much while every1 else is on a short leash.

2. Opposing teams love playing us because of lack of defense and size down
low (hopefully that changes).
- This isn't Europe so stop playing small ball. Especially in the east.

3. Either won't listen to assistants or picks bad ones.

4. Doesn't develop young talent unless they show up early in the season.
-TD and Fields played great from the start...AR took time and so no go.

5. Jokes too much... team takes on the personality of their coach.

Solution:

Move him to an assistant position and keep his offense around... but I know this won't happen and I'm not sure he'll listen to a defensive coordinator so it might be time to move on.

STAT1

Starter
CON
2. He's stubborn and doesn't play projects that can be decent players.(ex. Anthony Randolph, Corey Brewer, etc.)

Pro
1. A lot of easy open looks
2. Fun to watch high paced action

Agreed on the Con. That's my biggest beef with him. Hate that we wasted roster moves on bringing in young talent with upside potential that he never even bothered to give more than just a cursory look at trying to implement into his system. He plays favorites way too much even at the cost of benching the more talented player.

Agreed on the Pros as well, although both of them are negated when guys are shooting inconsistent 3's, which seems to happen often in this system, which brings me to another Con which is that this system is highly flawed & places way too much emphasis on taking 3 point shots & not nearly enough on playing defense & controlling pace.

Only other Pro I can think of is that he's a name brand coach with a great reputation for coaching offense in this league. If he could swallow his own stubborn pride & hire himself a top defensive guru assistant coach to handle that aspect of the game, then I think I'd have a lot less problems with how he runs the ship.

iJoe

Rotation player
Pros

1. Doesn't play whiny bitches that believe they deserve playing time just because they have talent and can put up numbers. AR, Darko, Failbury, etc... I don't care what the hell anyone else says. I don't believe in entitlement. You WORK for your minutes.

2. Will play guys who work hard in practice and is willing to develop unconventional players. He freakin played Kurt Thomas heavy minutes on the Suns. Boris Diaw and Barbosa have sucked ass everywhere else they have gone. He played Shawne Williams heavy minutes when half the people on these boards were crying for Ewing.

Negatives

1. Has goofy mustache
2. He's cocky and annoying
3. Has big trust issues with role players, thus leading to heavy heavy minutes on the main guys.
4. Doesn't know how to play a system without a good point guard
5. Won't hire or listen to outside help (cocky again)

A lot of issues I can't fully blame him on because he doesn't have the cast to do it. For example, rebounding, inside shots, post ups, etc...

Biggest issue is he's cocky as hell. He's shown that he's willing to change the system a little to fit his cast, but he still won't accept that he needs help.

STAT1

Starter
Pros

1. Doesn't play whiny bitches that believe they deserve playing time just because they have talent and can put up numbers. AR, Darko, Failbury, etc... I don't care what the hell anyone else says. I don't believe in entitlement. You WORK for your minutes.

2. Will play guys who work hard in practice and is willing to develop unconventional players. He freakin played Kurt Thomas heavy minutes on the Suns. Boris Diaw and Barbosa have sucked ass everywhere else they have gone. He played Shawne Williams heavy minutes when half the people on these boards were crying for Ewing.

Negatives

1. Has goofy mustache
2. He's cocky and annoying
3. Has big trust issues with role players, thus leading to heavy heavy minutes on the main guys.
4. Doesn't know how to play a system without a good point guard
5. Won't hire or listen to outside help (cocky again)

A lot of issues I can't fully blame him on because he doesn't have the cast to do it. For example, rebounding, inside shots, post ups, etc...

Biggest issue is he's cocky as hell. He's shown that he's willing to change the system a
little to fit his cast, but he still won't accept that he needs help.

The entitlement argument I can buy if he was playing guys who could actually play, but when you're playing no talent vets like Jared Jeffries, broken down players like Jonathan Bender, or guys like Chris Duhon who was playing like crap for most of last year, it's hard to make an argument that younger guys with more talent & bigger upside that are sitting on the bench shouldn't be getting more of a look. The rest of your post I think is very reasonable.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dantoni reached one of the top-5 worst coaches in Knicks history in NBA

Pros- there is nothing proffesional about an @ss kissing headcoach that
depended on two veteran leadership-players (Marion & Nash) to run the
ins-outs of the team for 4 straight successful seasons.

Cons- No stratigic-strategy on the offensive or defensive end of the
court during a game, No design plays for bigmen to post-up down-low,
No team plan for offense/defense rebounds, 90% of the offensive-scoring
are from fastbreak baskets and 3-ball shooting, the team-offense is best
describe as individual-performance in a halfcourt setting, the small-rotation
and the short-rotation has been the Knicks weak-link for 3 straight seasons.
For three seasons as the Knicks headcoach the "Player to Coach" relationship
each of the 3 seasons were comparable to Isiah Thomas coaching of the Knicks.
The above only describe the CONS of Dantoni's offense, every commentator
and sports writer have spoke or written long articles or Blogs on Dantoni's
poor @ss defense the past 5 years, so I dont have to mention one word of
Dantoni's failure in the defensive department as a headcoach...

P.S. FIRE Dantoni to see which foolish team hire him next....:thumbsup:

elcol

Rotation player
pros: smart when it comes to floor spacing and finding open jumpshots
cons: doesn't really have many plays on offense or defense and makes basic coaching errors.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Pros- there is nothing proffesional about an @ss kissing headcoach that
depended on two veteran leadership-players (Marion & Nash) to run the
ins-outs of the team for 4 straight successful seasons.

Cons- No stratigic-strategy on the offensive or defensive end of the
court during a game, No design plays for bigmen to post-up down-low,
No team plan for offense/defense rebounds, 90% of the offensive-scoring
are from fastbreak baskets and 3-ball shooting, the team-offense is best
describe as individual-performance in a halfcourt setting, the small-rotation
and the short-rotation has been the Knicks weak-link for 3 straight seasons.
For three seasons as the Knicks headcoach the "Player to Coach" relationship
each of the 3 seasons were comparable to Isiah Thomas coaching of the Knicks.
The above only describe the CONS of Dantoni's offense, every commentator
and sports writer have spoke or written long articles or Blogs on Dantoni's
poor @ss defense the past 5 years, so I dont have to mention one word of
Dantoni's failure in the defensive department as a headcoach...

P.S. FIRE Dantoni to see which foolish team hire him next....:thumbsup:

Nice pro, Kiyaman :lol: