Knicks Draft pick options

Wargames

Starter
I agree it could all be a smoke and daggers thing. But yes REMEMBER the last time we wanted Stephen Curry, talked about Stephen Curry, and ended up with Jordan Hill xD not a moment to remember.

Regardless of comparisons, being a 6'7 sharpshooter with fundamentals at the SG spot he is pretty much a lock for top 15. If we get him we'd be lucky (without trading up).

I'm not saying he's bad or the knicks shouldn't take him. I'm just saying he may not be so far ahead of the field (or Landry Fields :afro:) that he is the Knicks must get pick. Stephon Curry was given that title and when he was drafted ahead of the knicks they spazzed and went with J Hill.

To me it looks like the Knicks have learned from that. Maybe they keep 17 or go to 15 for money. either way they'll likely get one of the top three SG's. (Burke, klay, Brooks)

even if they go for another position it wouldn't be a panic move more like a well this player is the best available at 17 so lets get him and add depth. The only scary thing is most of our top choice seem to be high Risk guys.

But when your picking at 17 it becomes even harder to find something that looks like a sure thing.

I'm not saying he's bad or the knicks shouldn't take him. I'm just saying he may not be so far ahead of the field (or Landry Fields :afro:) that he is the Knicks must get pick. Stephon Curry was given that title and when he was drafted ahead of the knicks they spazzed and went with J Hill.

To me it looks like the Knicks have learned from that. Maybe they keep 17 or go to 15 for money. either way they'll likely get one of the top three SG's. (Burke, klay, Brooks)

even if they go for another position it wouldn't be a panic move more like a well this player is the best available at 17 so lets get him and add depth.

yeh but if KT and burke are both gona, I would take jimmer over brooks but if all 3 of them are gone, I would def. take broooks.

Wargames

Starter
yeh but if KT and burke are both gona, I would take jimmer over brooks but if all 3 of them are gone, I would def. take broooks.

I will be honest I'm not sure about Jimmer for the Knicks. Not that he isn't a great player (because he is) but the fact that the Knicks right now continue to fail when it comes to turning small SG's in PG's. This is the same reason I can't advocate Selby at 17 either. I don't know if its the Knicks trainers or just the player themselves. Also I just don't see him falling that far he was the best scorer in the NCAA.

Wargames

Starter
yeh true but I think the knicks are gona move up 2-3 spots, what do u think of bismack? would be great if we could draft him some how.

i think bismack would be cool but his lack of offense creates issues besides his inability to get points. The reason everyone thinks the knicks are gonna get a SG or a high scoring PG is because the knicks wants a player to stretch the court and allow Melo and Amare to get one on one situations and open up the Pick and roll. If Biyombo can't score he allows opponents to send double team pressure on Amare or Melo.

Not to get into another convo but I can't see Mike D approving that, and it is to reminiscent of J Hill as a pick. The Knicks also just brought J Jordan back (sort of), will have Turiaf (due to a player contract), and have Amare being able to play center as well.

Then add in the fact that the Knicks are looking at other Centers (Joe Alexander and Jeremy Tyler) who can be taken through the D league or the second round. Thats a possibilty of four centers on a roster of 15 I just don't see them taking a fifth undersized center at 17 unless he looks like "The Dream" or Dennis Rodman during his practice.

The cool thing is the Knicks are giving him a practice though. I really respect the effort the Knicks are putting in on finding a good player in a weak draft. This is how teams like the Spurs have found so many good players no one else was looking at.

yeh man I think KT, Jimmer, brooks would be great choices for help spread the floor and I heard they are gona buy a late 1st rounder and would be neat iof they could get selby with that.