We Need Dwight Howard to Win it all.. Forget CP3

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Its obvious now to everyone that we need another Superstar.. And before everyone says "Well Dwight is not coming here" yada yada.. Well all the stars in this league know they arrent going to win a championship unless they sign with with a team that has superstars on it.. and We got Melo and STAT so you better believe Big Dwight and every other superstar in the league is considering coming to NY right about now..

i think the best player for our team to put us over the top is Dwight Howard.. He dramatically improves our biggest needs in defense and rebounding.. He's the best Rebounder and defender in the NBA.. Chris Paul is great but he doesnt improve our team where they need the most improvement..

Blumatic

Rotation player
You go after both. Im a little torn on CP3 or D12. Im leaning CP3 b/c of his leadership and great playmaking ability.

Miami plays great defense but at he end of games they make great plays.

I think we can be a really good defensive team. I think as good as the Celtics. Boston is not athletic, they just play defense well. Boston lost because their point guard play was so poor. They depend on Rondo so much but he is such a liability on offense it hurt them terribly. Boston had no great center. Even when Perkins was there. Perk just played his role very well.

We can be like the celtics but more explosive. Especially if we can land Rip Hamilton as well.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
You go after both. Im a little torn on CP3 or D12. Im leaning CP3 b/c of his leadership and great playmaking ability.

I think we can be a really good defensive team. I think as good as the Celtics. Boston is not athletic, they just play defense well. Boston lost because their point guard play was so poor. They depend on Rondo so much but he is such a liability on offense it hurt them terribly. Boston had no great center. Even when Perkins was there. Perk just played his role very well.

We can be like the celtics but more explosive. Especially if we can land Rip Hamilton as well.

I havent seen the consistency enough on the defensive side of the ball to think this team can be a very good defensive team..They showed flashes like the first 2 Boston games . And the Game against the Heat were good defensive games.. then they allowed layup after layup against teams like Indiana. A guy like Dwight Howard instantly changes that.. We stay a top offensive team while becoming consistent on defense..

STAT1

Starter

I agree, you have to go hard after both & hope to land one, but it's a little crazy how Knick fans already think these guys are practically guaranteed to be wearing orange & blue in 2012 already. I think we as fans sometimes get so caught up in the hype over getting the next bigname superstar that supposedly is "definitely" coming here we think we can just pick & choose who to target like we're choosing something off a menu. In truth we'd be lucky to get either of them. Right now we're lucky as hell to have STAT & Melo here as it is.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I havent seen the consistency enough on the defensive side of the ball to think this team can be a very good defensive team..They showed flashes like the first 2 Boston games . And the Game against the Heat were good defensive games.. then they allowed layup after layup against teams like Indiana. A guy like Dwight Howard instantly changes that.. We stay a top offensive team while becoming consistent on defense..

Regardless nothing matter without a change in defensive philosophy. Do you remember Ewing's Knicks being that monster defensive team before Pat Riley.
No. So so defense must improve regardless. cuz if D12 comes here with MDA still doing the same thing D12 will sitting on the bench in foul trouble because we cant keep anyone infront of us.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
^Bingo.

Given how the playoffs have turned out we can all agree that Miami is a good defensive team. But Wade was the only one in the starting lineup known for being anything more than an average defender. But as a team, they have stepped it up defensively and are probably on their way to winning a title in the FIRST YEAR of the Big Three.

If Spoelstra can take a bunch of defensive misfits (LeBron and Bosh were not known for being good defenders until this year, but they've clearly improved) and make them into an elite defensive team then why the hell can't D'Antoni do the same thing with Stoudemire and Carmelo? STAT and Melo are two of the most athletic players with a length advantage over almost any player in the league at their respective positions...someone PLEASE tell me why we can't expect a lockdown defensive team? Miami has no interior defense and they made it out OK against the likes of Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer so why the hell do we NEED someone like Dwight Howard? Who the hell is Miami's center?

I honestly believe we need to hire a defensive coach who can really succeed in the half-court. Doc Rivers, prior to getting a superstar team, wasn't really known for being that great of a coach either (I believe he's a good coach but he's no Phil Jackson/Pat Riley/etc.), but he ran circles around D'Antoni in the first round...

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
The coach is a whole different issue.. Lebron and Wade were always known as good to greaat defenders.. This is the 3rd season Lebron made 1st team all defense.. That's hardly average..Dwight is a top 2 or 3 player in this league and his strengths fit our needs

Red

TYPE-A
Its obvious now to everyone that we need another Superstar.. And before everyone says "Well Dwight is not coming here" yada yada.. Well all the stars in this league know they arrent going to win a championship unless they sign with with a team that has superstars on it.. and We got Melo and STAT so you better believe Big Dwight and every other superstar in the league is considering coming to NY right about now..

i think the best player for our team to put us over the top is Dwight Howard.. He dramatically improves our biggest needs in defense and rebounding.. He's the best Rebounder and defender in the NBA.. Chris Paul is great but he doesnt improve our team where they need the most improvement..

:agreed: except for the part about "needing" another superstar. Stat & Melo with some strategic pieces can get it done. But yeah D12 > CP3

Even if it isn't D12- First things first...

Ilgauskas realizes the Knicks need a center. But he also added, in a shot at coach Mike D’Antoni, “I also think they need a new defensive system. It’s what wins in the playoffs.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knick...ested_in_DaAutBLx0WmAZkjNwbf4VJ#ixzz1O1zI4cF4

nyk_nyk

All Star
:agreed: except for the part about "needing" another superstar. Stat & Melo with some strategic pieces can get it done. But yeah D12 > CP3

Even if it isn't D12- First things first...

I saw that quote from Ilgauskas today. Dantoni being here is now having the reverse effect. In the beginning it was about him being able to lure players here because of his style of play, but now I'm worried that players will not want to come here as long as he's running things. (no pun intended)

These players know what it takes to win, even if they aren't good defenders themselves.

I'm with you Johnny!

What you wrote is absolutely true, plus you're a fighter and I got mad respect for fighters!

You look a bit like Gatti (R.I.P.)

Do you have some video material on the net?

Blumatic

Rotation player
I saw that quote from Ilgauskas today. Dantoni being here is now having the reverse effect. In the beginning it was about him being able to lure players here because of his style of play, but now I'm worried that players will not want to come here as long as he's running things. (no pun intended)

These players know what it takes to win, even if they aren't good defenders themselves.

Thank you. I think Donnie really fouled this up, believing Dantoni had these guys ear b/c he coached them in the Olympics. You know that Wade, Kobe and Lebron told Dantoni in his face that when they came to the Garden that each would score 50 points of him. Wade didnt but score 45 in Miami vs Knicks.

I never liked this hire. I dont think he should have been fired in his second and third year, but something needs to change. And he's insistent on coaching the way he coaches. Word gets around what kind of coach he is. And bothers me a little that Amare defends this system. I know you cant throw a coach under the bus but we havent heard any kind of disapproval in his part. Im just glad Melo and Chauncey did.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
I completely agree, i'll take a dominant big over a top PG any day of the week. It's much harder to find a superstar at the C position then it is anywhere else. And it's been proven that size wins championships (shaq, duncan, hakeem, pau etc..)

I also know that there are other ways to win championships but i personally like the idea of a big time Center leading the way...

Kiyaman

Legend

Shut it down on D.Howard.....on Twitter there is an article about the
Orlando Magic organization working the next two weeks on a two-year
contract to give D.Howard a MAX-contract before this cap-lockout take
place. Making D.Howard a Magic for the next 4 years.

The NBA owns the New Orleans Hornets, Stern will build something nice
around CP3 this offseason to sell the team. I'm sure whomever the new
owner will be will want a personal committment from CP3 for the next 4
years.

The Knicks dont need another super-star.....ask headcoach
Rick Carlisle whom took a decent winning team to the FINALS.
Knick-Fans watching the coaching of a BUM Celebrity coach Damnphony
has Knicks-fans confidence level at very low percentage.
FIRE the Dantoni-brothers to watch how high the confidence level rise
in fans and Knicks-players.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
If CP3 and Dwight leave there teams they will most likely leave through trade. The Knicks simply don't have much of a trade option to get either of these two players. In the off-season if they are planning to get either of these two superstars, the Knicks need to sign some valuable players that the Magics and Hornets need. Knicks lost a lot of draft picks and trading will be almost impossible.

On the upside the Knicks need defense over offense, so Dwight Howard is the smart choice. Knicks can score, what they need is an intimidator in the paint and someone to rebound the ball. CP3 would obviously be a great pickup but is nothing compare to Dwight.

Realistically for the Knicks to get better D'antoni needs to stop being stubborn and seek to work with a good defensive coach. Not sure who but needs to add his good offensive ways with defense. Firing D'antoni is not yet the answer, still needs his chance with this team.

Last edited:
I agree, you have to go hard after both & hope to land one, but it's a little crazy how Knick fans already think these guys are practically guaranteed to be wearing orange & blue in 2012 already. I think we as fans sometimes get so caught up in the hype over getting the next bigname superstar that supposedly is "definitely" coming here we think we can just pick & choose who to target like we're choosing something off a menu. In truth we'd be lucky to get either of them. Right now we're lucky as hell to have STAT & Melo here as it is.

Unless the new CBA restricts the Knicks from signing him, or the money difference is so large it doesnt make sense for him to change teams CP3 will be a Knick.

Me, I'm hoping that contracts can be renegotiated like the NFL. Maybe just maybe STAT & Melo negotiate their contracts down so that we can get both D12 & CP3. Just wishful thinking...

Unless the new CBA restricts the Knicks from signing him, or the money difference is so large it doesnt make sense for him to change teams CP3 will be a Knick.

Me, I'm hoping that contracts can be renegotiated like the NFL. Maybe just maybe STAT & Melo negotiate their contracts down so that we can get both D12 & CP3. Just wishful thinking...
Its impossible to get both Dwight and Cp3 but I can really see the Nba let teams renegotiate contracts because i'm sure the NBA doesn't want contracts like Gilbert Arenas, it has happened before and if it does then I want to renegotiate STAT & Melo's contract.