Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OLY Semifinal: USA vs Argentina

Default OLY Semifinal: USA vs Argentina

PREDICTIONS

US by 2....Timmy Duncan will have a monster game...but Boozer gets the big hoop

marbury has a strong game but not as amazing as against spain, duncan gets screwed with foul trouble, us wins by 6

idk i say we blow them out we deff gon win by 10 now everyones got confidence , starbury got his shot back plus there playing argentina, whos there best player Manu Ginobili, who was a reserve 4 the spurs so yeaaa if we beat spain we can beat them we deff goin 4 gold!!! n marbury drops over 20

USA wins by 5
    Marbury scores 20

USA win by 9 marbury gets 16 pts and 7 ast

Superstar

USA win by 10 or 9. 94-85
    Stephon goes 14-6as-2st

i think that the refs totally ruined this game, both their phantom foul calls and their no-calls for the US always ruined their momentum and their chance to get back in it, i think its disgusting that in the olympics theyre using secondary european refs, just my opinion, l8r

omg dont get me started with those reffs. i dont have a word i can say about them. they cant call a good game. extremely bad calls!!!

Rady, forgive me for this one, but the Olympic Basketball Commitee is a bunch of *******s!

Do you know the Ref for this Arg-USA match was from Spain!
    How stupid is that! Obviously the ref is going to ensure that USA loses after they beat his home country the day before when the sting is still fresh in his mind.

Very disapointing...
    I thought they would win this one, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Team USA is gonna get dogged by the press as well as many other people. People have to face the fact that the rest of the world has picked up their game. Ultimately, it lies in the hands of the coach and the players. They couldn't defend against 3 pointers and perimeter shots that other teams were commonly using against them.

Superstar

I've just read some articles about that game. Europeans are ****ing laughing. Damn, it's total disaster. How come we could lose?! At least Stephon did his best. I'm proud of him.

I can understand your anger about ref but argentina was just better than team usa today

yea probably but if they were playing in the USA under our rules and our reffs. it would be a blow out. i mean come they cant call a FOUL. marbury flew across the floor and no foul

Superstar

I haven't seen the game. Did any1 catch it? I really need some highlights.

Man, I can't believe those sorry europeans play jokes on our team. In press... Their teams are not worth Iverson's shoe, not even speaking of our players. And all of a sudden they start their **** in the press. That's wrong.

I hate to say this but I don't really blame them for rubbing it in our face a little bit...what I hope is that this reignites an interest in going and playing in the Olympics...but today, Argentina was just plain better. They are the Princeton of the international game...and are really fun to watch. I hope that some of this "flavor" rubs off on the NBA.
    It also gives me hope as a Knick fan...you saw how all of those teams handled Duncan without having reallt talented "bigs" themselves...with our deapth in the frontcourt and perimeter studs...it could be a good year!