OLY Semifinal: USA vs Argentina

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
marbury has a strong game but not as amazing as against spain, duncan gets screwed with foul trouble, us wins by 6

idk i say we blow them out we deff gon win by 10 now everyones got confidence , starbury got his shot back plus there playing argentina, whos there best player Manu Ginobili, who was a reserve 4 the spurs so yeaaa if we beat spain we can beat them we deff goin 4 gold!!! n marbury drops over 20

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
i think that the refs totally ruined this game, both their phantom foul calls and their no-calls for the US always ruined their momentum and their chance to get back in it, i think its disgusting that in the olympics theyre using secondary european refs, just my opinion, l8r

JJtheKnick

Starter
omg dont get me started with those reffs. i dont have a word i can say about them. they cant call a good game. extremely bad calls!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
Rady, forgive me for this one, but the Olympic Basketball Commitee is a bunch of assholes!

Do you know the Ref for this Arg-USA match was from Spain!
How stupid is that! Obviously the ref is going to ensure that USA loses after they beat his home country the day before when the sting is still fresh in his mind.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Very disapointing...
I thought they would win this one, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Team USA is gonna get dogged by the press as well as many other people. People have to face the fact that the rest of the world has picked up their game. Ultimately, it lies in the hands of the coach and the players. They couldn't defend against 3 pointers and perimeter shots that other teams were commonly using against them.

newmove

Rotation player
I've just read some articles about that game. Europeans are fucking laughing. Damn, it's total disaster. How come we could lose?! At least Stephon did his best. I'm proud of him.

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea probably but if they were playing in the USA under our rules and our reffs. it would be a blow out. i mean come they cant call a FOUL. marbury flew across the floor and no foul

newmove

Rotation player
I haven't seen the game. Did any1 catch it? I really need some highlights.

Man, I can't believe those sorry europeans play jokes on our team. In press... Their teams are not worth Iverson's shoe, not even speaking of our players. And all of a sudden they start their shit in the press. That's wrong.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
I hate to say this but I don't really blame them for rubbing it in our face a little bit...what I hope is that this reignites an interest in going and playing in the Olympics...but today, Argentina was just plain better. They are the Princeton of the international game...and are really fun to watch. I hope that some of this "flavor" rubs off on the NBA.
It also gives me hope as a Knick fan...you saw how all of those teams handled Duncan without having reallt talented "bigs" themselves...with our deapth in the frontcourt and perimeter studs...it could be a good year!

newmove

Rotation player
Imiss#33 said:
what I hope is that this reignites an interest in going and playing in the Olympics...
I agree. Hopefully after what has happened those superstars will recall what does the word "patriotism" mean. Huge respect for Iverson. He's a real patriot. The guy they've used to call names and blame for his behaviour turned out to be a real patriot with NOT SPOILED attitude unlike those superstars of today. If there are guys on our team that DO CARE about us then they're Stephon, Allen and Timmy boy. Others came to capture gold, not to represent the Country.
Imiss#33 said:
It also gives me hope as a Knick fan...you saw how all of those teams handled Duncan without having reallt talented "bigs" themselves...with our deapth in the frontcourt and perimeter studs...it could be a good year!
You've got a point on that. Hopefully we'll learn from their example how to stop Timmy without having really tallented big guys on the squad cuz it seems to me we're gonna miss such guys next season...

rady

Administrator
Staff member
saw the game.. very very dissapointing. one thing: i'm not so sure if the refs' fault we lost the game. it hurts me, but i have to admit, argentina was better then usa. ginobili proved himself once again, he was unstopable, and as for marbury he was far, far of what he showed in the spain game.
i didn't recognized him, he dropped the ball from his hands at least 3 times, and he missed all his 3s. those 16 points didn't hepled at all.
in other words.. i don't even think usa deserved to win this game, i just hope they'll show more pride if they'll get to play for bronze