Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmer working out for the Knicks tomorrow

If Jimmer and Rubio makes it in the NBA than I'm gonna start following WNBA instead. Those two is more bust than Adam Morrison ever will be.

Veteran

Originally Posted by moneyg
    im sure he wont make it to 17.....
    I am not the biggest fan of the Jimmer but if he falls to 17, it's a good pickup for the Knicks imo. He fits D'Antoni's system to a T.

D'Ants had a ton of guys like the Jimmer in Phx, knock down 3 pt shooters that allowed the team to score 130 points a night. We might never beat the Heat with a team like that but they would be fun to watch.

I'm hearing the Jazz may take him off the boards long before it's our turn to pick.. which is good..

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i DO NOT want this dude, drafting him will be just like when we took Jordan Hill or when we took Balkman with the 20th pick. He's not only the right fit but i dont see his game translating to the NBA at all.

if were going with a PG Darius Morris wont be a bad fit he's a solid PG with PG skills if were looking for talent and someone who could be a star then go with Selby( im liking this dude, he's going to be NICE). or we go with Faried who im really high on and love his effort and game; provides DEFENSE and REBOUNDING--nuff said

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    If Jimmer and Rubio makes it in the NBA than I'm gonna start following WNBA instead. Those two is more bust than Adam Morrison ever will be.

How could you even joke about that. The wnba is the biggest disgrace of a pro sports league ever.

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Jimmer Fredette shrugged after making 19 of 25 shots from the NBA three-point arc in his predraft workout for the Knicks Thursday at the MSG Training Center.

"I think they expect me to shoot the ball well," he said.

There are plenty of expectations for the BYU star, who was the college Player of the Year this past season. And one of them is that he won't be available for the Knicks, who have the 17th overall pick in the NBA draft. But according to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Knicks are looking for a deal that will help them move up in the draft to land the sharpshooter from upstate Glens Falls.

The issue, of course, is the team's lack of assets to offer in a trade, which, right now, would be to offer either Toney Douglas or Landry Fields along with their pick.

Fredette has made no secret of his affinity for the Knicks, but like Stephen Curry in 2009, he is aware that his chances of landing in New York are slim. "I definitely like the system, I fit in well," Fredette said, "but you never know what's going to happen in the draft."

Fredette, who averaged 28.9 points per game as a senior this past season, has Mark Price-like potential as a point guard, but the major concern rests on the defensive end of the floor, where many scouts consider him extremely weak. Although Fredette's shooting touch and ability to run the pick-and-roll are enticing, can they really afford to add a weak defender to a team that desperately needs to improve in that area?

It might not matter, because Fredette could wind up with Utah (picks at No. 3 and 12), Sacramento (No. 7), Phoenix (No. 13) or Indiana (No. 15). And the Knicks might be content with selecting another long-range shooter, Washington State's Klay Thompson.

Thompson also worked out for the Knicks Thursday and made 20 of 25 in that three-point shooting drill. The 6-6 guard, who shot 39.8 percent from three-point range in college, said he could provide the same outside presence for Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire that Mike Miller does for Miami's Big Three.

"I don't think you can leave me open that much," he said, "so with all the attention drawn to them, I'd be left open a lot and provide a great scoring touch."

The Dolan family owns controlling interests in the Knicks, MSG and Cablevision. Cablevision owns Newsday.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm so sick of hearing about our system. It is faeces.

This would be a terrible selection for us, unless Rimmer is traded on draft night for someone who has even a third more defensive potency than he does, as well as a knock down perimeter game.

I seriously doubt that he'll be available at 17 anyway, but if we were to trade Landry to move up in the draft and selected Friggette, I'd be livid.

We know what our future depends on, and it's not a shoot first, pass second defenceless PG. Regardless of immeasurable range.

Klay Thompson would be an even more pointless addition, IMO.

Go big, or go **** yourself.

Rude.

i thought he was going to utah and isn't he a terrible defender? <-- what we need

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I am not the biggest fan of the Jimmer but if he falls to 17, it's a good pickup for the Knicks imo. He fits D'Antoni's system to a T.

D'Ants had a ton of guys like the Jimmer in Phx, knock down 3 pt shooters that allowed the team to score 130 points a night. We might never beat the Heat with a team like that but they would be fun to watch.

im glad you want to settle on our team being just fun to watch...SMFH

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Jimmer Fredette shrugged after making 19 of 25 shots from the NBA three-point arc in his predraft workout for the Knicks Thursday at the MSG Training Center.

"I think they expect me to shoot the ball well," he said.

There are plenty of expectations for the BYU star, who was the college Player of the Year this past season. And one of them is that he won't be available for the Knicks, who have the 17th overall pick in the NBA draft. But according to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Knicks are looking for a deal that will help them move up in the draft to land the sharpshooter from upstate Glens Falls.

The issue, of course, is the team's lack of assets to offer in a trade, which, right now, would be to offer either Toney Douglas or Landry Fields along with their pick.

Fredette has made no secret of his affinity for the Knicks, but like Stephen Curry in 2009, he is aware that his chances of landing in New York are slim. "I definitely like the system, I fit in well," Fredette said, "but you never know what's going to happen in the draft."

Fredette, who averaged 28.9 points per game as a senior this past season, has Mark Price-like potential as a point guard, but the major concern rests on the defensive end of the floor, where many scouts consider him extremely weak. Although Fredette's shooting touch and ability to run the pick-and-roll are enticing, can they really afford to add a weak defender to a team that desperately needs to improve in that area?

It might not matter, because Fredette could wind up with Utah (picks at No. 3 and 12), Sacramento (No. 7), Phoenix (No. 13) or Indiana (No. 15). And the Knicks might be content with selecting another long-range shooter, Washington State's Klay Thompson.

Thompson also worked out for the Knicks Thursday and made 20 of 25 in that three-point shooting drill. The 6-6 guard, who shot 39.8 percent from three-point range in college, said he could provide the same outside presence for Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire that Mike Miller does for Miami's Big Three.

"I don't think you can leave me open that much," he said, "so with all the attention drawn to them, I'd be left open a lot and provide a great scoring touch."

The Dolan family owns controlling interests in the Knicks, MSG and Cablevision. Cablevision owns Newsday.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm so sick of hearing about our system. It is faeces.

This would be a terrible selection for us, unless Rimmer is traded on draft night for someone who has even a third more defensive potency than he does, as well as a knock down perimeter game.

I seriously doubt that he'll be available at 17 anyway, but if we were to trade Landry to move up in the draft and selected Friggette, I'd be livid.

We know what our future depends on, and it's not a shoot first, pass second defenceless PG. Regardless of immeasurable range.

Klay Thompson would be an even more pointless addition, IMO.

Go big, or go **** yourself.

Rude.
    I would be fine with Faried or Brooks.

Those are 2 i wouldn't mind...though i would trade our pick for the right player ... a big guy NBA ready and good both defensively/offensively...i know i don't ask much

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I would be fine with Faried or Brooks.

Originally Posted by tiger0330

Dude, why are you here???? Your post is full of FAIL.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Dude, why are you here???? Your post is full of FAIL.
    Hey, it's not my opinion it's a fact D'Antoni system relies on 3 pt shooting. Look at how many 3s the team shoots, Jimmer is a knock down 3 pt shooter and someone the Knicks are taking a look at because he fits what the Knicks do.

Look at my past posts about the Jimmer, I'm not a fan, I don't think he has the size and athletic ability to make an impact at the NBA level but the dude did make 19/25 from the Nba 3 line in his workout which is why the Knicks were interested enough in him to work him out.

It is also a weak draft and if Jimmer falls to 17, the brass may look at it as an opportunity to pick him up because he us undervalued at 17.

Veteran

Yeah Jimmer does fit D'Antoni's system perfectly. I think his system sucks, but whatever.

Well.... If he does fall to 17th I wouldn't be horribly upset with him as our pick. Although I'd prefer a big man.. at least a PF

Veteran

Kinda like what the Giants did with Prince Amukamara in the NFL Draft...they weren't exactly in desperate need of a CB (if anything they probably needed O-Line and LB far more) but you take the best player available