Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: We need to stop worrying about the Heat

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default We need to stop worrying about the Heat

    I see a lot of fans melting down over the heat; stop worrying this is not a dynasty in the making.

    This won't be a multiple CHIP team simply because the league is going to make it next to impossible with the new CBA to build a team around 3 max contracts. Here is why I say this.

    Lets assume the owners don't get the $45 mil cap and it comes in around say $50 in 2013-2014, but it starts descending down to the 50 from next year. Bron, Wade, and Bosh together make more than $45 mil from next year. Some one please explain how the heat are going to be able to field a team around them even comparable to this year?

    If you look at the salaries, the heat have a lot of money on the books after this year. Even if amnesty for one contract is granted (they would get rid of Miller) AND a 25% rollback of salary, they still only have around 6-8 mil left to spend. The Heat will then have 2 options:

    1. Get rid of Bosh
    2. Have the big 3 and complete dreck next to them

    Not sustainable. You know which team with star talent is in the best financial position going forward in the EAST; NYK.

    Even if the cap was immediately rolled back to $45 million with a 25% salary rollback, after next season the Knicks have enough for a max third. They won't add one (Howard or Paul) though because donnie is not that dumb. You may ask why?

    Simple, we will be able to add mucho talent with the amount that will be let go because of the hard cap. If we draft well its even better. Yes the heat may win this year, but LBJ's "Not 1, Not2, Not3, etc" will not come to fruition.

    Parity is a coming!

  2. #2
    Member ducktales17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    "This won't be a multiple CHIP team simply because the league is going to make it next to impossible with the new CBA to build a team around 3 max contracts. Here is why I say this."

    ??????

    What the **** u talkin about?

    They already have their 3 superstars signed? CBA can't do **** about contracts already made.

    There's a VERY good chance they win multiple chips. Probably starting in a week or so.

  3. #3
    Member ducktales17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Actually.......

    If the CBA makes it harder for teams to sign max contracts..... It's actually in favor of the Heat because their teams already in place...

    So in fact, your argument works completely against you.

    Thanks for pointing out the fact we all may be ****ed.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ducktales17
    Actually.......

    If the CBA makes it harder for teams to sign max contracts..... It's actually in favor of the Heat because their teams already in place...

    So in fact, your argument works completely against you.

    Thanks for pointing out the fact we all may be ****ed.
    So you think the heat can win 3 and D-leaguers? Really. Their team outside of the 3 is not terrible by NBA standards.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ducktales17
    "This won't be a multiple CHIP team simply because the league is going to make it next to impossible with the new CBA to build a team around 3 max contracts. Here is why I say this."

    ??????

    What the **** u talkin about?

    They already have their 3 superstars signed? CBA can't do **** about contracts already made.

    There's a VERY good chance they win multiple chips. Probably starting in a week or so.
    Really CBA can't do anything about contracts placed? So why are they talking about rolling back salaries 25%? Even if they don't touch the contracts, how with a hard cap can the heat field a team with like 6mil?

  6. #6
    Member ducktales17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by flknickfan
    So you think the heat can win 3 and D-leaguers? Really. Their team outside of the 3 is not terrible by NBA standards.
    It's called the veterans minimum bud......

    Which great role players WILL join them signing under the veterans minimum. So they can win multiple championships..... which makes your argument useless.

    The ****ing lower the CBA cap the better for Miami.

    Just makes it harder for other teams to compete with their talent because the league wouldn't allow it.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ducktales17
    It's called the veterans minimum bud......

    Which great role players WILL join them signing under the veterans minimum. So they can win multiple championships..... which makes your argument useless.

    The ****ing lower the CBA cap the better for Miami.

    Just makes it harder for other teams to compete with their talent because the league wouldn't allow it.
    Dude Chalmers, James Jones, Miller, Anthony, Haslem WOULD NOT QUALIFY FOR THE VET MINIMUM!!!

  8. #8
    Member ducktales17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by flknickfan
    Dude Chalmers, James Jones, Miller, Anthony, Haslem WOULD NOT QUALIFY FOR THE VET MINIMUM!!!
    Are you ****ing watching these guys lol?

    Wade/Lebron are basically doing it by themselves.

    Props to Bibby though. He's knocking down some shots.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,796
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ...If anything the league has to raise the cap to keep it competitive. Really the only way anybody will be able to compete with Miami is by stockpiling their own superstars (ie if the Knicks get CP3 or Dwight Howard, etc.)

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ducktales17
    Are you ****ing watching these guys lol?

    Wade/Lebron are basically doing it by themselves.

    Props to Bibby though. He's knocking down some shots.
    You seem to forget that their team defense is amazing. If you can't afford to put quality guys around them as they get older this defense will not be as good.

    Anthony is playing out of his mind. What if they can't afford anthony and its juwan. Do you think for a minute that Howard would be as effective on defense as Anthony has been?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    ...If anything the league has to raise the cap to keep it competitive. Really the only way anybody will be able to compete with Miami is by stockpiling their own superstars (ie if the Knicks get CP3 or Dwight Howard, etc.)
    You can compete if they can't afford the same quality guys around them.

  12. #12
    Member ducktales17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by flknickfan
    You can compete if they can't afford the same quality guys around them.
    Ok, agree to disagree.

    Because I think star power is more important. Which is showing evident this series. Miami- star power. Dallas- Balanced team.
    Miami WILL win this series.

    Regardless, I think they can still bring in quality guys regardless of the CBA.

  13. #13
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by flknickfan
    You seem to forget that their team defense is amazing. If you can't afford to put quality guys around them as they get older this defense will not be as good.

    Anthony is playing out of his mind. What if they can't afford anthony and its juwan. Do you think for a minute that Howard would be as effective on defense as Anthony has been?
    The vets barely play. They are there for the regular season to put bodies on the floor so to not wear the big three down. There top 8 is whats important. big 3, Miller, Haslem, Anthony, Bibby, Chalmers. You only play 8 in the playoffs anyway. They will be replacing each vet with a rookie.

    Any if they will be a hard cap they have to reduce salary.

    #reducetheexcuse
    Last edited by Blumatic; Jun 02, 2011 at 23:16. Reason: execution

  14. #14
    Member ducktales17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    hey flknicksfan

    Wade/Lebron/bosh are basically sticking up two middle fingers right in your face right now

    just right up in your grill.

  15. #15
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is a ****ing dynasty in the making if i ever seen one.. we need to make some major moves and soon.. or we will be playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle for the next 5 years.. This is the WORST your gonna se Miami they will only get better from here on out

Similar Threads

  1. Miami Success Puts Heat On Knicks
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 01, 2011, 21:22
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Mar 08, 2011, 08:36
  3. Stop trying to emulate the Heat! Try to Emulate the Lakers.
    By KnicksWillRiseAgain in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 03, 2011, 14:44
  4. Knicks @ Heat 2/27 8:00 pm
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 372
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2011, 16:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •