Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Need Dwight Howard to Win it all.. Forget CP3

Default We Need Dwight Howard to Win it all.. Forget CP3

Its obvious now to everyone that we need another Superstar.. And before everyone says "Well Dwight is not coming here" yada yada.. Well all the stars in this league know they arrent going to win a championship unless they sign with with a team that has superstars on it.. and We got Melo and STAT so you better believe Big Dwight and every other superstar in the league is considering coming to NY right about now..

i think the best player for our team to put us over the top is Dwight Howard.. He dramatically improves our biggest needs in defense and rebounding.. He's the best Rebounder and defender in the NBA.. Chris Paul is great but he doesnt improve our team where they need the most improvement..

you lost me on "forget cp3"

dumbass

If we are dreaming, then why can't we get them both

Superstar

You go after both. Im a little torn on CP3 or D12. Im leaning CP3 b/c of his leadership and great playmaking ability.

Miami plays great defense but at he end of games they make great plays.

I think we can be a really good defensive team. I think as good as the Celtics. Boston is not athletic, they just play defense well. Boston lost because their point guard play was so poor. They depend on Rondo so much but he is such a liability on offense it hurt them terribly. Boston had no great center. Even when Perkins was there. Perk just played his role very well.

We can be like the celtics but more explosive. Especially if we can land Rip Hamilton as well.

Originally Posted by ducktales17
    you lost me on "forget cp3"

dumbass

Dwight Howard > CP3 .. go talk to yourself in that other thread

Originally Posted by Blumatic
    You go after both. Im a little torn on CP3 or D12. Im leaning CP3 b/c of his leadership and great playmaking ability.

I think we can be a really good defensive team. I think as good as the Celtics. Boston is not athletic, they just play defense well. Boston lost because their point guard play was so poor. They depend on Rondo so much but he is such a liability on offense it hurt them terribly. Boston had no great center. Even when Perkins was there. Perk just played his role very well.

We can be like the celtics but more explosive. Especially if we can land Rip Hamilton as well.
    I havent seen the consistency enough on the defensive side of the ball to think this team can be a very good defensive team..They showed flashes like the first 2 Boston games . And the Game against the Heat were good defensive games.. then they allowed layup after layup against teams like Indiana. A guy like Dwight Howard instantly changes that.. We stay a top offensive team while becoming consistent on defense..

Originally Posted by Blumatic

I agree, you have to go hard after both & hope to land one, but it's a little crazy how Knick fans already think these guys are practically guaranteed to be wearing orange & blue in 2012 already. I think we as fans sometimes get so caught up in the hype over getting the next bigname superstar that supposedly is "definitely" coming here we think we can just pick & choose who to target like we're choosing something off a menu. In truth we'd be lucky to get either of them. Right now we're lucky as hell to have STAT & Melo here as it is.

Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
    Dwight Howard > CP3 .. go talk to yourself in that other thread
    NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE. well played

Superstar

I havent seen the consistency enough on the defensive side of the ball to think this team can be a very good defensive team..They showed flashes like the first 2 Boston games . And the Game against the Heat were good defensive games.. then they allowed layup after layup against teams like Indiana. A guy like Dwight Howard instantly changes that.. We stay a top offensive team while becoming consistent on defense..
    Regardless nothing matter without a change in defensive philosophy. Do you remember Ewing's Knicks being that monster defensive team before Pat Riley.
    No. So so defense must improve regardless. cuz if D12 comes here with MDA still doing the same thing D12 will sitting on the bench in foul trouble because we cant keep anyone infront of us.

Veteran

^Bingo.

Given how the playoffs have turned out we can all agree that Miami is a good defensive team. But Wade was the only one in the starting lineup known for being anything more than an average defender. But as a team, they have stepped it up defensively and are probably on their way to winning a title in the FIRST YEAR of the Big Three.

If Spoelstra can take a bunch of defensive misfits (LeBron and Bosh were not known for being good defenders until this year, but they've clearly improved) and make them into an elite defensive team then why the hell can't D'Antoni do the same thing with Stoudemire and Carmelo? STAT and Melo are two of the most athletic players with a length advantage over almost any player in the league at their respective positions...someone PLEASE tell me why we can't expect a lockdown defensive team? Miami has no interior defense and they made it out OK against the likes of Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer so why the hell do we NEED someone like Dwight Howard? Who the hell is Miami's center?

I honestly believe we need to hire a defensive coach who can really succeed in the half-court. Doc Rivers, prior to getting a superstar team, wasn't really known for being that great of a coach either (I believe he's a good coach but he's no Phil Jackson/Pat Riley/etc.), but he ran circles around D'Antoni in the first round...

The coach is a whole different issue.. Lebron and Wade were always known as good to greaat defenders.. This is the 3rd season Lebron made 1st team all defense.. That's hardly average..Dwight is a top 2 or 3 player in this league and his strengths fit our needs

Thumbs up

Its obvious now to everyone that we need another Superstar.. And before everyone says "Well Dwight is not coming here" yada yada.. Well all the stars in this league know they arrent going to win a championship unless they sign with with a team that has superstars on it.. and We got Melo and STAT so you better believe Big Dwight and every other superstar in the league is considering coming to NY right about now..

i think the best player for our team to put us over the top is Dwight Howard.. He dramatically improves our biggest needs in defense and rebounding.. He's the best Rebounder and defender in the NBA.. Chris Paul is great but he doesnt improve our team where they need the most improvement..
    except for the part about "needing" another superstar. Stat & Melo with some strategic pieces can get it done. But yeah D12 > CP3

Even if it isn't D12- First things first...

Ilgauskas realizes the Knicks need a center. But he also added, in a shot at coach Mike D’Antoni, “I also think they need a new defensive system. It’s what wins in the playoffs.”

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Red
    except for the part about "needing" another superstar. Stat & Melo with some strategic pieces can get it done. But yeah D12 > CP3

Even if it isn't D12- First things first...
    I saw that quote from Ilgauskas today. Dantoni being here is now having the reverse effect. In the beginning it was about him being able to lure players here because of his style of play, but now I'm worried that players will not want to come here as long as he's running things. (no pun intended)

These players know what it takes to win, even if they aren't good defenders themselves.

I'm with you Johnny!

What you wrote is absolutely true, plus you're a fighter and I got mad respect for fighters!

You look a bit like Gatti (R.I.P.)

Do you have some video material on the net?

Superstar

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I saw that quote from Ilgauskas today. Dantoni being here is now having the reverse effect. In the beginning it was about him being able to lure players here because of his style of play, but now I'm worried that players will not want to come here as long as he's running things. (no pun intended)

These players know what it takes to win, even if they aren't good defenders themselves.
    Thank you. I think Donnie really fouled this up, believing Dantoni had these guys ear b/c he coached them in the Olympics. You know that Wade, Kobe and Lebron told Dantoni in his face that when they came to the Garden that each would score 50 points of him. Wade didnt but score 45 in Miami vs Knicks.

I never liked this hire. I dont think he should have been fired in his second and third year, but something needs to change. And he's insistent on coaching the way he coaches. Word gets around what kind of coach he is. And bothers me a little that Amare defends this system. I know you cant throw a coach under the bus but we havent heard any kind of disapproval in his part. Im just glad Melo and Chauncey did.