Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh leaving as Knicks President

Default BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh leaving as Knicks President

RT @HowardBeckNYT: Knicks announce that Donnie Walsh is leaving, by mutual agreement Glen Grunwald named interim GM...

Superstar

WTF!!!!!!!! Gotta be kidding me!!!! Man are they ****ing stupid...

Veteran

this being reported anywhere other than Twitter yet?

Veteran

as the news scrolls on Twitter, one post said that he will consult with the Knicks next season. i'm guessing health issues behind all this then?

RT @alanhahn: BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh is leaving his position as team president. Will remain as consultant.

why WTF is going on

Veteran

they're talking about it right this second on ESPN

Veteran

a lot left to be revealed, but possible to speculate this is either related to health or irreconcilable differences between walsh and rest of knicks over keeping MDA as coach

Veteran

just showed up on ESPN.com:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

Well I think D'Antoni's gone now which might actually not be a bad thing.

I just can't believe it. Wow...Couldn't leave well enough alone and let this guy finish the job, huh Dolan? Dude's just the worst owner in sports..Not even up for debate...So much friggin' instability with this guy man..

When's Donnie's official last day? Today? After the draft? Would wanna have somebody in place by the draft making that pick, right? Would Donnie's heart still be in it to do all the necessary leg work leading up to the draft now? I don't think my would...Kinda like when Portland let Pritchard go before the draft but still expected him to oversea matters and then cut ties right after..

Superstar

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    RT @alanhahn: BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh is leaving his position as team president. Will remain as consultant.
    Maybe it is health related...If so, I hope he's okay..

Veteran

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Well I think D'Antoni's gone now which might actually not be a bad thing.

I just can't believe it. Wow...Couldn't leave well enough alone and let this guy finish the job, huh Dolan? Dude's just the worst owner in sports..Not even up for debate...So much friggin' instability with this guy man..

When's Donnie's official last day? Today? After the draft? Would wanna have somebody in place by the draft making that pick, right? Would Donnie's heart still be in it to do all the necessary leg work leading up to the draft now? I don't think my would...Kinda like when Portland let Pritchard go before the draft but still expected him to oversea matters and then let him go right after..
    a few sources have stated that walsh's contract expires the end of June and he will continue to fill the GM role until that time.

also, imagine we lose walsh and still have MDA, personally, i wouldn't be too thrilled with that result.

was watching First and Take this morning and almost chocked on my breakfast sandwich WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this the setup for Isiah to return as GM IF SO WE ARE SCREWED FELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................

I think that Dolan wouldn't bend on certain demands that Walsh was making. There were certainly issues of that sort, and I believe that it was just as much Walsh insisting on doing things correctly as it was Dolan being stubborn.

Considering that Walsh has some health inconveniences and lives apart from his wife in Indiana, he probably said, "Sorry, this isn't working for me, find someone else."