Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh leaving as Knicks President

Default Doh!-lan

Originally Posted by finestrg
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Wow. What a ****ing joke. First a huge pay cut ($4.5M to $2.5M) that Donnie was surprisingly willing to deal with and then sneaky changes in the wording of the contract, one that was apparently agreed upon beforehand verbally. Unbelieveable man. I feel so bad for Walsh. He deserved so much better. What a kick in the teeth. I swear Dolan should just go jump off a cliff. Kill yourself you moron. I don't hate too many people, but this fool's definitely on my list. I really hate this man.

DOLAN = DUPLICITY
    Duplicity: artifice, cheating, cozenage, craft, craftiness, crookedness, crookery, cunning, cunningness, deceitfulness, deception, deceptiveness, dishonesty, dissembling, dissimulation, double-dealing, dupery, deceit, fakery, foxiness, fraud, guile, guilefulness, wiliness

"He was lied to," one person familiar with the situation said yesterday after Knicks owner James Dolan announced Walsh will leave his post after June 30 and become a consultant to the team next season.

become a consultant?... what a joke... in order to reign Donnie in and not let him say anything negative, hence keeping the typical Dolan blackout in effect.

...when Walsh got the contract documents in recent days, there were addendums regarding the power structure with which he was uncomfortable. It became the final straw in his tumultuous relationship with Dolan.

addendums... such b*ll****. adding something to a contract at the last minute, is just bad business, conniving crap. see Duplicity...

The wording in the contract did not give Walsh full and final authority to hire and groom his successor -- which was something he sought. The source said Walsh was offered a downgrade in salary to roughly $2.5 million after making in the $4.5M range this past season.
    "The 40-percent paycut was an insult but money had nothing to do with it," the individual said. "It was more insulting that he didn't believe he'd have the full autonomy to run the basketball."

how about Doh!-lan gets a pay cut? come on now, how insulting! Donnie's going to get less money and STILL not have autonomy to make decisions, knowing Doh!-lan can still butt in at last minute whenever he wants?
    NO WONDER DONNIE'S LEAVING!

He was treated with disrespect," the source said. "Dolan would yell at him."

major diss! we've got a damn prick running the franchise. makes me so sick.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

DOLAN = DUPLICITY
    Duplicity: artifice, cheating, cozenage, craft, craftiness, crookedness, crookery, cunning, cunningness, deceitfulness, deception, deceptiveness, dishonesty, dissembling, dissimulation, double-dealing, dupery, deceit, fakery, foxiness, fraud, guile, guilefulness, wiliness

"He was lied to," one person familiar with the situation said yesterday after Knicks owner James Dolan announced Walsh will leave his post after June 30 and become a consultant to the team next season.

become a consultant?... what a joke... in order to reign Donnie in and not let him say anything negative, hence keeping the typical Dolan blackout in effect.

...when Walsh got the contract documents in recent days, there were addendums regarding the power structure with which he was uncomfortable. It became the final straw in his tumultuous relationship with Dolan.

addendums... such b*ll****. adding something to a contract at the last minute, is just bad business, conniving crap. see Duplicity...

The wording in the contract did not give Walsh full and final authority to hire and groom his successor -- which was something he sought. The source said Walsh was offered a downgrade in salary to roughly $2.5 million after making in the $4.5M range this past season.
    "The 40-percent paycut was an insult but money had nothing to do with it," the individual said. "It was more insulting that he didn't believe he'd have the full autonomy to run the basketball."

how about Doh!-lan gets a pay cut? come on now, how insulting! Donnie's going to get less money and STILL not have autonomy to make decisions, knowing Doh!-lan can still butt in at last minute whenever he wants?
    NO WONDER DONNIE'S LEAVING!

He was treated with disrespect," the source said. "Dolan would yell at him."

major diss! we've got a damn prick running the franchise. makes me so sick.
    This whole situation just makes me sick to my stomach

Originally Posted by moneyg
    again.. all Owners make the final call...the hate for Dolan is biased mainly becuz of his relationship with isiah...
    -Dolan ran JVG out of town.
    -He was putting the players through PR workshops since the '90s - Remember when Spree and Camby got up and walked out of one of those PR sessions?
    -Dolan's media policy is the least fan-friendly in all of sports. Note how Larry Brown, and even Dolan's BFF Isiah, had to have a PR rep chaperoning every interaction with the media.
    -When Layden was fired, Dolan refused to discuss why he was fired or discuss Layden's body of work.
    -Dolan's willing to spend anything to win, yet hasn't had a winning season since 2000-01. That's bad management.
    -Dolan made Walsh thank Isiah for helping sign Amare, when it was later revealed by Amare that he never even spoke to Isiah before signing.
    -With the anti-Isiah sentiment obvious, Dolan tried to hire Isiah as a GM, then hired him as a consultant.
    -When that was overruled by Stern, Dolan insolently said, "Well, he's still my friend and I'm still gonna seek his input!"
    -It is widely accepted by just about every Knicks beat reporter I follow that Dolan jumped in on the Melo deal and screwed up Donnie's plans.

None of what I just listed has anything to do with Isiah, except the part where Dolan tried to bring Isiah back after he was fired. Which is legitimate evidence of Dolan's bad decision-making, regardless of how bad Isiah is.

Walsh may not be irreplaceable, but he did do a remarkable job here, and is the best guy available. Who will he be replaced with? The only successors I would be satisfied with are Colangelo or Warkentien. (Pritchard would be a great GM, but I'm talking Presidents)

But why put yourself in the position to have to chase those guys when you already had a top-level exec like Walsh? That is bad management on Dolan's part.
    Last edited by Marek; Jun 04, 2011 at 10:02.

Something that makes me sad for Walsh is that he wanted to name his successor. This dude truly cared about the Knicks and leaving the franchise in good hands after he left. He was really a noble professional.

We are all worse off for not having him with us anymore. Pure class, Donnie. Thanks for all you were able to do; I wish you were allowed to do more.

Originally Posted by Marek
    Something that makes me sad for Walsh is that he wanted to name his successor. This dude truly cared about the Knicks and leaving the franchise in good hands after he left. He was really a noble professional.

We are all worse off for not having him with us anymore. Pure class, Donnie. Thanks for all you were able to do; I wish you were allowed to do more.

the next two off-seasons are absolutely CRITICAL on whether or not the KNicks will be contenders or pretenders.. DOlan got Melo at the expense of the team.. I believe Donnie would've still got the Melo deal done for much less than what we gave up.. While I'll still have high hopes for the team I think ultimately we're going to be pretenders with Donnie now gone. But Dolan doesn't care.. He's got his 2 superstars and the Knicks will do huge ratings , finsih with a top 4 seed every year and sell out every game but I doubt we now win a championship

I'm not heartbroken over Donnie leaving to be honest. Let me prephase that by saying I do think he did a very good job overall, but he also had his share of bad decisions, biggest of all hiring this head coach who places no impetus on playing any defense. His draft selections were up & down, 2 good ones in Gallo & Fields, 2 bad ones in Jordan Hill & Rautins. Mozgov was nothing special & who knows what we have in Jerome Jordan but I'm not holding my breath on him being anything special either. Donnie's acquisitions of STAT & Melo are his saving grace & I give him a standing ovation him for that. Plus he always handled himself with the utmost class & professionalism, & definitely played a big role in returning some respectability to the Knicks franchise. I'm hoping his successor is someone who is established with a good track record, someone like Pritchard, Colangelo or Rod Thorn, & not some inexperienced newbie to the position handpicked by Dolan to be his puppet.

Veteran

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    By agreeing with my metaphor that clearly makes you the 12 year old female stalker so LOL at yourself fool. You are just a dummy with spikes of estrogen...
    Nooooooo, you likened yourself to a teenage boy to which I agreed.. THE END

-Dolan ran JVG out of town.
    -He was putting the players through PR workshops since the '90s - Remember when Spree and Camby got up and walked out of one of those PR sessions?
    -Dolan's media policy is the least fan-friendly in all of sports. Note how Larry Brown, and even Dolan's BFF Isiah, had to have a PR rep chaperoning every interaction with the media.
    -When Layden was fired, Dolan refused to discuss why he was fired or discuss Layden's body of work.
    -Dolan's willing to spend anything to win, yet hasn't had a winning season since 2000-01. That's bad management.
    -Dolan made Walsh thank Isiah for helping sign Amare, when it was later revealed by Amare that he never even spoke to Isiah before signing.
    -With the anti-Isiah sentiment obvious, Dolan tried to hire Isiah as a GM, then hired him as a consultant.
    -When that was overruled by Stern, Dolan insolently said, "Well, he's still my friend and I'm still gonna seek his input!"
    -It is widely accepted by just about every Knicks beat reporter I follow that Dolan jumped in on the Melo deal and screwed up Donnie's plans.

None of what I just listed has anything to do with Isiah, except the part where Dolan tried to bring Isiah back after he was fired. Which is legitimate evidence of Dolan's bad decision-making, regardless of how bad Isiah is.

Walsh may not be irreplaceable, but he did do a remarkable job here, and is the best guy available. Who will he be replaced with? The only successors I would be satisfied with are Colangelo or Warkentien. (Pritchard would be a great GM, but I'm talking Presidents)

But why put yourself in the position to have to chase those guys when you already had a top-level exec like Walsh? That is bad management on Dolan's part.
    This is sounding like there's NO chance Dolan is gonna care about going after a well-rounded team and wants a third max at all costs, and not even a well-thought out reasoning like the members of this board for having one.

So many ****-ups. We have Sprewell? Hey, let's trade him! Have a good center who went on to win Defensive Player Of The Year? Trade him! Melo's destination is New York? Let's trade good players for him instead of waiting a few months!

And what? Was it his idea to trade Ewing as well?

I am totally down with anyone who wants to overthrow Dolan.

Veteran

Originally Posted by STAT1
    I'm not heartbroken over Donnie leaving to be honest. Let me prephase that by saying I do think he did a very good job overall, but he also had his share of bad decisions, biggest of all hiring this head coach who places no impetus on playing any defense. His draft selections were up & down, 2 good ones in Gallo & Fields, 2 bad ones in Jordan Hill & Rautins. Mozgov was nothing special & who knows what we have in Jerome Jordan but I'm not holding my breath on him being anything special either. Donnie's acquisitions of STAT & Melo are his saving grace & I give him a standing ovation him for that. Plus he always handled himself with the utmost class & professionalism, & definitely played a big role in returning some respectability to the Knicks franchise. I'm hoping his successor is someone who is established with a good track record, someone like Pritchard, Colangelo or Rod Thorn, & not some inexperienced newbie to the position handpicked by Dolan to be his puppet.
    I do not disagree with it being OK with Walsh leaving. I think he did what he set out to do but did at times have to adjust to his choice of coach.
    He is a Hero in that he put the Knicks in a very competitive position to make a run at an NBA title.

What scares me is the terms in which he left. Dolan as we all know is a Moron. He has an EGO that its his way or the highway.

I mean less then a year ago he hired Isiah back only to have it rejected by Stern.

Until a new GM is announced and pending on who it is I will not be able to really assess the situation.

Yes Walsh made mistakes. But look at Carlos Boozer on the Bulls. Safe bet Bulls mgmt wished they never made that deal.

Right now I pray it is not Isiah....then I pray its someone with experience that will get players we need to win an NBA title with and not players that will perform in coach D's coaching style....as we saw with the Bulls....its offense and defense that wins game.....

Veteran

It sounds like who Walsh wanted to name as his successor was a major source of discord between him and Dolan. According to at least one of the articles that came out, Walsh's top choices were either Chris Mullin or Marc Jackson. Maybe this means that Dolan already knew who he wanted for the job after Walsh, or maybe it means that Dolan just likes to be a prick.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Nooooooo, you likened yourself to a teenage boy to which I agreed.. THE END
    Correct, I likened myself to Bieber because I have a bunch of young bitches like yourself stalking me...

The crazy part about this whole situation is im actually more shaken up by Shaq retiring than Donnie leaving lol

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I do not disagree with it being OK with Walsh leaving. I think he did what he set out to do but did at times have to adjust to his choice of coach.
    He is a Hero in that he put the Knicks in a very competitive position to make a run at an NBA title.

What scares me is the terms in which he left. Dolan as we all know is a Moron. He has an EGO that its his way or the highway.

I mean less then a year ago he hired Isiah back only to have it rejected by Stern.

Until a new GM is announced and pending on who it is I will not be able to really assess the situation.

Yes Walsh made mistakes. But look at Carlos Boozer on the Bulls. Safe bet Bulls mgmt wished they never made that deal.

Right now I pray it is not Isiah....then I pray its someone with experience that will get players we need to win an NBA title with and not players that will perform in coach D's coaching style....as we saw with the Bulls....its offense and defense that wins game.....
    I agree on all points, especially the last part about the next GM getting the types of players that we need to win a title & not just ones that will best suit this coach's style of game. I hope the next GM is wise enough to get rid of MDA & bring someone in whose philosophy involves more defensive emphasis.

Donnie did a good job for the most part but I do think this franchise can move forward with someone who will do just as good a job if not better in his place with the right hire. There are a few very good candidates out there available, but the concern here is how much Dolan's meddling will deter those top candidates from wanting to take on this role. My gut feeling is that Dolan wants Allan Houston to be groomed to take over the position, & that might have been 1 of the points of contention between him & Walsh in these negotiations. I believe Walsh wanted to hire Chris Mullin & groom him to take over someday. Personally I don't think Mullin is the right man for the job at all, so maybe it is a good thing that Walsh is leaving afterall. I don't believe Houston is ready either, I am hoping that someone with more experience & a more proven track record of putting together winning rosters can take on the role & finish the job that Donnie started.

Veteran

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Correct, I likened myself to Bieber because I have a bunch of young bitches like yourself stalking me...
    Nooooooo you just make yourself an easy target......

From NBA Today Podcast's Ryen Russilo

Originally Posted by Ryen Russilo
    If you're a Knicks fan, I'm sorry. I'm sorry is all I can say to you...Dolan, who owns the Knicks, didn't really love the idea of being told by the league, 'Fix your shop'...a lot of people feel like Donnie was either placed there by the league or Dolan was told to go get a respectable guy and stop embarassing everybody with your franchise and the way it has been run...If you're a Knicks fan, Know this: your owner is so stubborn, and I'm trying to be nice here, that he would actually rather have a worse person running his franchise to prove a point...

If Donnie was making $5 million and they offered him $2 million, then it really isn't mutual is it?

What's more important? Having a good basketball product or kissing my butt?...

the only thing Donnie should be found guilty of is having a freaking plan, and executing it...let's have a plan, let's fix this roster, let's move forward. Is this team a championship roster? No. Could it be? Maybe...if I told you a year ago that this is what you have: Amare, Melo and figuring out the rest...95% of you would say sign me up for that.

I feel bad for you...I honestly cant believe that this is the deal.