Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
Results 151 to 157 of 157

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh leaving as Knicks President

  1. #151
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,482
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    From NBA Today Podcast's Ryen Russilo
    Honestly, that was so on point. Saddening and sickening.

    The Brat to end all brats.

  2. #152
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Our major issue that no matter who the GM is Dolan will get involved.
    Every NBA Owner and GM knows this. Any trade that will now get made will involve Dolan because the other GM's/Owners will get him involved.
    The dude is a moron with a fat ego.......He is vulnerable, which makes the Knicks vulnerable and easy prey for other NBA teams to take advantage of....

    Lets face it. We could have kept Mozgov. Was it worth giving him up for Melo yes but who are we kidding Denver was making that trade with or without Mozgov.

    The key is to get the better of the trade always and by alot. With Dolan we will never do that.....He is a bloated pig.

    Remember when Isiah picked Balkman. The Pheonix Suns circulated a rumor they would take him so Isiah another bloated Ego nabbed him before they could.

    This is not how u win...

    No matter who our GM is we will still have Dolan messing it up.

  3. #153
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Just amazing. it really is amazing that a guy could bust his ass, call in favors, do everything in is power to get RESULTS to only be insulted and denied a job from a team that has been hungry for a good operations president for years.

    In a business results is what matter. Donnie Walsh turned the team on the floor into a playoff caliber team with room for improvement. His shrewd moves and management allowed the-owner-who-shall-not-be-named to increase ticket prices by 49%. and increase revenue via marketable players and merchandise. After bringing that much success to the team to let Donnie walk is the most disgusting business and basketball move in the history of the Knicks.

  4. #154
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Best move by Dolan ever Donnie wasn't on board with the Melo trade and was playing around he had to go he wasn't loyal. Now to go on and get Presti

  5. #155
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Our major issue that no matter who the GM is Dolan will get involved.
    Every NBA Owner and GM knows this. Any trade that will now get made will involve Dolan because the other GM's/Owners will get him involved.
    The dude is a moron with a fat ego.......He is vulnerable, which makes the Knicks vulnerable and easy prey for other NBA teams to take advantage of....

    Lets face it. We could have kept Mozgov. Was it worth giving him up for Melo yes but who are we kidding Denver was making that trade with or without Mozgov.

    The key is to get the better of the trade always and by alot. With Dolan we will never do that.....He is a bloated pig.

    Remember when Isiah picked Balkman. The Pheonix Suns circulated a rumor they would take him so Isiah another bloated Ego nabbed him before they could.

    This is not how u win...

    No matter who our GM is we will still have Dolan messing it up.
    I agree w all of the above.

  6. #156
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Best move by Dolan ever Donnie wasn't on board with the Melo trade and was playing around he had to go he wasn't loyal. Now to go on and get Presti
    Donnie was on board .
    AGAIN Donnie believed the deal was going to get done without using Mozgov or maybe NOT using Randolph or at least one of the 2.

    Right now it would be Nice to have either Mozgov as our Legit Back-up Center or Center.

    Or either use Randolph or trade for a pick,,,,,

    Dolan through everything into the shopping cart out of fear of losing Melo..

    Fear is weakness..

  7. #157
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Donnie was on board .
    AGAIN Donnie believed the deal was going to get done without using Mozgov or maybe NOT using Randolph or at least one of the 2.

    Right now it would be Nice to have either Mozgov as our Legit Back-up Center or Center.

    Or either use Randolph or trade for a pick,,,,,

    Dolan through everything into the shopping cart out of fear of losing Melo..

    Fear is weakness..
    Melo is on record saying he really thought he was on his way to the Nets before the Knicks pulled the trigger on the trade. Dunno what would have happened or not, but I think it's unfair to assume that the deal definitely would have gotten done even if we refused to include Timo Mozgov. Any GM that fails to get a deal done for Melo because he's afraid to part with Mozgov is a damn fool if you ask me. Donnie knew he had to get the deal done, bottomline. There was too much to lose if he didn't. I too wish Dolan would have kept his nose out of it, but there's really no telling if Melo would have ended up here if he didn't. We got Melo, I'm fine with that. We didn't lose anything that impacts our franchise more than getting Melo does. The Knicks will be a better team for it, & Donnie did well to get the deal done, regardless if it took Dolan's involvement or not.

Similar Threads

  1. isnt this the truth!
    By Smooth in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2011, 12:05
  2. Replies: 255
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2010, 19:45
  3. Knicks Report Card and Some Needed Perspective
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2010, 15:58
  4. Six Things To Know About The Knicks
    By moneyg in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2010, 00:50
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: Feb 05, 2006, 11:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •