Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Knicks announce Donnie Walsh leaving as Knicks President

Give me Rick Adelman or Brian Shaw and I'm ok

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Phil Jackson didn't have any NBA coaching experience either.... Point guard are known as the "coach on the floor..."

HAND DOWN, MAN DOWN!!!!
    Stalker alert!!!

Damn, Im gone a few weeks and make a few posts and all my stalkers come flying out of the shadows like I'm Justin Bieber and they are 12 year old girls...SMFH.

This really stinks. I thought he signed an extension/was nearing an extension.

If this has anything to do with D'Antoni, I'm gonna be pissed. In fact, even if it doesn't, this has just set me off to being completely done with him. I'm sick of his crap.

well this sucks balls.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    You don't hire a general manager to do his job and pay him. Donnie Walsh is far from Isiah Thomas. Just proven by getting Amar'e to sign here. Isiah would of gave that pay check to the likes of Michael Beasley.

Stop putting your foot in your mouth, a GM's job is to control transactions of day to day operations of an organization. The President/Owner of the organization can veto, but only veto a decision not take over the situation and make the hired employee look like a chump. Donnie Walsh was made to look like a chump in the Melo deal. This is the main reason Walsh is stepping aside.
    Donnie stated that it was his decision, and Dolan left it up to him... Donnie also stated that all owners are involved in trades of this magnitude.and its foolish for people to think that he should have...its just the media blowing this up saying isiah was controlling dolan... so take your foot out ur ass and get off fantasy island...

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Marek
    A sports owner has input on long term plans, progress, expectations, monetary issues, hirings and firings, even what players they plan to acquire and whether they fit. Of course a sports owner has a LOT of input, control and veto power.

But that doesn't mean you take over a transaction at the eleventh hour and overrule your President regarding the details of negotiations. The small stuff like that is why you have Walsh in the first place. That's where you trust your employee to do his job. If he fails, then you come down on him hard. But Dolan went in, took over, overpaid, and basically castrated Walsh.

Allegedly, of course. But that's what I'll believe because Dolan is Dolan and Walsh is Walsh.

so i guess your saying walsh is lying by saying dolan gave him final say....if he is that weak.. then he should go....

Christ, someone please hit me a punch right in my face and tell that's just a ****ing nightmare and Walsh will resign with the Knicks...
    I can't deal with this news, nearly got some tears in my eyes...

Wow. For some reason I'm not all that shocked. Nothing surprises me anymore from this owner. Nothing.

G'bye D'Antoni!!!!!!

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Give me Rick Adelman or Brian Shaw and I'm ok
    Mark Jackson time

Walt Clyde Fraizer for coach!

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    Isiah Thomas is not coming back, for next season Walsh will be a consultant. Could see D'Antoni leave for Golden State or Toronto gig, which would put us off the hook for his 11-12 contract.

So who would we get to replace Mike D'Antoni as Head Coach?
    Do we go defense?

As for General Manager we could stay in house, Glen Grunwald. This is the same person whom drafted Chris Bosh for the Toronto Raptors. So maybe we have something to look forward too.

Just need to hope that Mike D gets lured away by another suspecting team.
    Honestly I would kill for

HC- Phil Jackson
    AC- Marc Jackson/Patrick Ewing
    GM- Kevin Pritchard

Core Roster

Anthony-Stoudemire-Paul-Okafor(Big 4)

Shannon Brown-Anthony Morrow-Jerome Jordan-Matt Barnes-Kenyon Martin

Now what's this sh;t about Dolan trying to play Walsh by scoffing at his $5mil extension and offered him 40% less?

Then I'm hearing about Dolan b;tching about Walsh's interview in Jan with Lupica that caused them to bump heads, and forced Walsh to just hang up on Dolan.

After Dolan circumvented Walsh and tried many times I guess because he felt he was forced on him by Stern.

This soap-opera sh;t is for the birds. This n;gga Dolan can f*ck up a cup of coffee I swear.

Stop meddling and cut the ego sh;t you d;ck! Let the GM do wha he does, you don't know better and money doesn't equate to the years of experience Walsh had.

Sure he made mistakes you as an owner should have allowed that, not f*cked it up more by interferring.

This n;gga Dolan...smh?!?!

I'm a step away from jumping ship on this francise. I'm not mad, nor feel Donnie was the end all, but I'm realizing the Dolan factor and I don't appreciate it.

I'm putting 2 and 2 together with this dude. Being a d;ck is one thing, ruining my fan experience another.

Play your part fagg0t! Shell out the dough and keep it moving.

Originally Posted by moneyg
    so i guess your saying walsh is lying by saying dolan gave him final say....if he is that weak.. then he should go....
    Walsh is a classy old-school pro who will never reveal any problems that are going on behind the scenes. That goes for the Melo deal as well as these contract negotiations and subsequent break up.

I don't consider it lying. It's professionalism and PR sense.

It's why Walsh is so respected by his peers and NBA higher-ups.

I can sit here and talk about how if we can we should get Kevin Pritchard:

Guy made a mistake with the #1 overall pick, a pick that I bet any GM would have made. He got 0 from his #1 overall, and still built a team that is highly competitive every single year. Guy has skills.

That said, it doesn't matter who we hire if Dolan continues to meddle, and not let the GM do his job.