Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official F*ck This Fagg0t Dolan Thread

Thumbs down Official F*ck This Fagg0t Dolan Thread

We all know that Donnie Walsh was really doomed from Day One when his eccentric, semi-reclusive and meddling new boss, James Dolan, informed him that he would be retaining Isiah Thomas as a glorified scout.

It was at that moment four years ago that Walsh, a classy and well-respected basketball lifer, should have realized he was being played for a fool.

Dolan, the Chairman of Madison Square Garden and Isiah's greatest supporter, followed David Stern's orders of stripping Thomas of his dual titles and hiring Walsh to rebuild the floundering Knicks. Dolan went along with the farce but he never had any intentions of removing Thomas from power.

As one of Isiah's friends once famously told me, "Isiah doesn't need a title. He's got Jim in his corner."

And now, the charade is finally over. The Knicks announced on Friday that Walsh's promising run as team president is over. The Garden said the decision was mutual, which is a nice way of saying that Walsh no longer wanted to work for Dolan:

As with Jeff Van Gundy 10 years earlier, Walsh fired Dolan before Dolan fired Walsh.

The Garden announced that Walsh will serve as a consultant through the 2011-12 season, which is comical since that is the position Walsh has unofficially held since replacing Thomas as club president in April 2008.

You have to be blind, clueless or a media shill not to understand that Walsh was hired to serve as a consultant to Dolan and Thomas, the de facto general manager, all along.

Dolan's promise of granting Walsh full autonomy from the start was a flat out lie. He said it to placate the commissioner and the media. Give Dolan credit for this -- he came clean last July that Walsh was a figurehead when he dispatched Thomas to Ohio in a last ditch effort to recruit LeBron James.

It was the Knicks' inability to sign LeBron that accelerated Walsh's departure. Privately, Dolan blamed Walsh, confined to a wheelchair following spine surgery, for losing LeBron.

Within a month, Walsh threatened to quit when Dolan broached the idea of naming Thomas general manager. For weeks, Dolan had refused to approve Walsh's top choice, Chris Mullin, the same position and instead was promoting his Thomas for the job.

Walsh begrudgingly settled on naming Thomas a consultant, a hiring that was eventually voided by Stern because Thomas was moonlighting as the head coach of Florida International University in Miami.

The damage, however, had been done. Walsh's relationship with Dolan would never be the same and it only deteriorated in January when, according to a source, they had a heated exchange over the telephone.

Dolan was upset that Walsh had granted an interview to Dolan's arch nemesis in the media, Daily News columnist Mike Lupica. Although Lupica's column was favorable toward Walsh and the Knicks, Dolan saw it as a sign of betrayal.

In Dolan's twisted world, losing games and throwing away millions on garbage players is okay. But violate his media policy and it's "off with your head."

Walsh, according to a source, ended the profanity laced conversation by doing something fellow Garden employees dream about doing but would never have the guts to do; he told Dolan to piss off and then hung up on him.

Soon after, Dolan publicly usurped Walsh's power by taking over the Carmelo Anthony trade negotiations. Both Walsh and head coach Mike D'Antoni felt the Knicks were giving up too much in the deal but Dolan, who was being advised by Thomas, went ahead and made the deal with Denver.

Dolan's trusted lieutenants, sensing a public relations nightmare, had Dolan stoop to reprimanding the media during Carmelo's press conference by addressing Isiah's involvement. Dolan mocked the media for reporting that Thomas was advising him and in doing so gave Carmelo a preview of life at Dolan's Garden, where trying to bully the press takes precedent over introducing the team's newest star.

It was sad and pathetic and classic Dolan, who has been running away from reporter questions for years.

Although Dolan had rendered Walsh powerless, his advisors felt that retaining Walsh would play well with the fan base and the media. Dolan, according to reports, offered a two-year contract but wouldn't agree to grant Walsh full autonomy, which would include the authority to hire a general manager.

When Dolan refused Walsh knew it was time to move. Walsh was like a lot of high-profile Garden employees over the past decade; he made a fortune from Dolan but took plenty of grief. Now 70, Walsh decided that enough was enough.

Walsh, a decent man who made some blunders but also restored dignity to the franchise, finally realized that Dolan never wanted him because Dolan never wanted to get rid of Thomas.

After all this time it finally dawned on Donnie Walsh, Bronx born and raised, that the spoiled son of a Cablevision billionaire always gets his way.
    Tried to play my man Walsh and cut his salary... really?

I dont f*ck with grimmy dudes like that.

This dude was the architect, he was most responsible for this upsergence and this is how you do him?

Because Stern knew what was best for the Knicks and you didn't?

I got news for Dolan:

The Knicks brand was established well before you! Without you! And you're trying to f*ck that up?

F*cking schmuck.
    Last edited by Red; Jun 03, 2011 at 17:32.

There's a reason James Dolan could charge higher prices this past season for tickets...his name was Donnie Walsh.

Dolan should be on his knees letting Walsh finish making us a contender...

Let's start a Riot!

Thumbs down

Undermining your own personnel?

Being cool with Isaiah is one thing, but doing sh!t like b!tching because your GM gave an interview without your permission is just absurd.

Low balling Donnie is inexcusable.
    Last edited by Red; Jun 03, 2011 at 17:32.

How did this guy not get assassinated yet after all the idiotic things he has done? ****ing spoiled little brat I really think he is ****ing retarded. We have the worst owner in the history of the NBA and possibly in all of sports, **** I would even take Mark Cuban as our owner! At least he actually cares about winning and is a die hard fan of his team.

Originally Posted by Red
    Tried to play my man Walsh and cut his salary... really?

I dont f*ck with grimmy dudes like that.

This dude was the architect, he was most responsible for this upsergence and this is how you do him?

Because Stern knew what was best for the Knicks and you didn't?

I got news for Dolan:

The Knicks brand was established well before you! Without you! And you're trying to f*ck that up?

F*cking schmuck.

word... cutting his salary in half is like trying to fire Donnie and but avoiding the public relations nightmare... I know we wont bring Isiah back as GM .. If James Dolan wouldjust sit back and let Donnie do his thing we'd be a great team.. I like Dolan because he wants to bring great players here and he wants the team to be good..Thats the only side of him I like..But Donnie is an Old School New Yorker.. Liek Frank Sinatra sings "I did it my way" and Donnies way right now is gospel.. Dolan didn like tt..Now if Donnie is gonna be gone, DOLAN better get Howard here however possible.. and MDA has got to go.. Dolan ****ed over the KNicks fans again and we will miss Donnie.. This off-season was the most important offseason in building around our core in melo and STAT and I hope we get a competant guy to do the job

where was this story line written ??? whats the source ?

I am no fan of Dolan but it would be nice to at least know where this "article" came from. To me it sounds like a blogger filling in a lot of the pieces to make an indictment with very little actual facts. I could be wrong but still would like a link.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    where was this story line written ??? whats the source ?

It's been reported by multiple sources that donnie was getting nearly a 50% pay cut

That's an Isola article, it's on the Daily News' (NYC) site.

Isola is always ranting about Isiah Thomas and how dumb Dolan is. It seems to be a passion of his now.

I admit that Dolan can be a bit of a dumb dumb, but Isola always hits us with that "everything is ****KEDD!!!!!!!!!!!" type article, every chance he gets.

He's also the same person that questioned the Amar'e signing last summer and was saying "Is this it?"

So yea...that's who wrote that article.

He must be one the worst owners in sport. No doubt. I think he is getting better tho. When he came he was just awful. Knicks, New York Rangers, They all turned to shyte. Rangers came back and Knicks is on their way.

**** you Dolan. $2 million dollars? 2 million? When you "earn" umpteen times that amount to be a rich man's son?

You dumpy little ****.

Everything in your possession is without merit for it's embracing.

Is there honestly - and I would pay you - anyone on this site that can create an internet page without too much hassle, dedicated to bombarding hate on this muppet toothed scamp?

Veteran

...A paycut for Walsh is insulting. Non-player personnel salaries don't count against the cap so we should be paying Walsh TWICE what he was getting paid. The fact that Walsh during his tenure here got paid the SAME AMOUNT as Anucha Browne Sanders' sexual harassment settlement is PATHETIC

Dolan is the worst owner in the history of USA sports. Since he's taken over, the Knicks have become the worst of all losing organizations in the world. ZERO playoff victories... ZERO! Since 1999.... WOW.

And this is the NBA where every team makes the playoffs. LOL.

The dude dumped Camby b/c he wouldn't show up for a media training seminar. How stupid does it get?

The Knicks will win nada as long as he's in charge. A shame... Sure... we'll be more fun to watch now... But Carmelo-Amar'e are doomed. Raise your hand if you think this owner will ever be smart enough to surround himself with smart men who will build a winner? D'antoni isn't the answer.

Like what Dolan's father did... waited too long to get another star to put next to Ewing... By the time we start to build a team, with a legit coach and role players, Amar'e will blow out his knees.

I honestly dont know why this guy is an owner. he's the type of Douche that will make sure theres a lockout this offseason. Him and Sterling have to be the worst owners in sports(yes worst than McCourt). They are one of the reasons certain team stay miserable and garbage for so long.