Official F*ck This Fagg0t Dolan Thread

Red

TYPE-A
We all know that Donnie Walsh was really doomed from Day One when his eccentric, semi-reclusive and meddling new boss, James Dolan, informed him that he would be retaining Isiah Thomas as a glorified scout.

It was at that moment four years ago that Walsh, a classy and well-respected basketball lifer, should have realized he was being played for a fool.

Dolan, the Chairman of Madison Square Garden and Isiah's greatest supporter, followed David Stern's orders of stripping Thomas of his dual titles and hiring Walsh to rebuild the floundering Knicks. Dolan went along with the farce but he never had any intentions of removing Thomas from power.

As one of Isiah's friends once famously told me, "Isiah doesn't need a title. He's got Jim in his corner."

And now, the charade is finally over. The Knicks announced on Friday that Walsh's promising run as team president is over. The Garden said the decision was mutual, which is a nice way of saying that Walsh no longer wanted to work for Dolan:

As with Jeff Van Gundy 10 years earlier, Walsh fired Dolan before Dolan fired Walsh.

The Garden announced that Walsh will serve as a consultant through the 2011-12 season, which is comical since that is the position Walsh has unofficially held since replacing Thomas as club president in April 2008.

You have to be blind, clueless or a media shill not to understand that Walsh was hired to serve as a consultant to Dolan and Thomas, the de facto general manager, all along.

Dolan's promise of granting Walsh full autonomy from the start was a flat out lie. He said it to placate the commissioner and the media. Give Dolan credit for this -- he came clean last July that Walsh was a figurehead when he dispatched Thomas to Ohio in a last ditch effort to recruit LeBron James.

It was the Knicks' inability to sign LeBron that accelerated Walsh's departure. Privately, Dolan blamed Walsh, confined to a wheelchair following spine surgery, for losing LeBron.

Within a month, Walsh threatened to quit when Dolan broached the idea of naming Thomas general manager. For weeks, Dolan had refused to approve Walsh's top choice, Chris Mullin, the same position and instead was promoting his Thomas for the job.

Walsh begrudgingly settled on naming Thomas a consultant, a hiring that was eventually voided by Stern because Thomas was moonlighting as the head coach of Florida International University in Miami.

The damage, however, had been done. Walsh's relationship with Dolan would never be the same and it only deteriorated in January when, according to a source, they had a heated exchange over the telephone.

Dolan was upset that Walsh had granted an interview to Dolan's arch nemesis in the media, Daily News columnist Mike Lupica. Although Lupica's column was favorable toward Walsh and the Knicks, Dolan saw it as a sign of betrayal.

In Dolan's twisted world, losing games and throwing away millions on garbage players is okay. But violate his media policy and it's "off with your head."

Walsh, according to a source, ended the profanity laced conversation by doing something fellow Garden employees dream about doing but would never have the guts to do; he told Dolan to piss off and then hung up on him.

Soon after, Dolan publicly usurped Walsh's power by taking over the Carmelo Anthony trade negotiations. Both Walsh and head coach Mike D'Antoni felt the Knicks were giving up too much in the deal but Dolan, who was being advised by Thomas, went ahead and made the deal with Denver.

Dolan's trusted lieutenants, sensing a public relations nightmare, had Dolan stoop to reprimanding the media during Carmelo's press conference by addressing Isiah's involvement. Dolan mocked the media for reporting that Thomas was advising him and in doing so gave Carmelo a preview of life at Dolan's Garden, where trying to bully the press takes precedent over introducing the team's newest star.

It was sad and pathetic and classic Dolan, who has been running away from reporter questions for years.

Although Dolan had rendered Walsh powerless, his advisors felt that retaining Walsh would play well with the fan base and the media. Dolan, according to reports, offered a two-year contract but wouldn't agree to grant Walsh full autonomy, which would include the authority to hire a general manager.

When Dolan refused Walsh knew it was time to move. Walsh was like a lot of high-profile Garden employees over the past decade; he made a fortune from Dolan but took plenty of grief. Now 70, Walsh decided that enough was enough.

Walsh, a decent man who made some blunders but also restored dignity to the franchise, finally realized that Dolan never wanted him because Dolan never wanted to get rid of Thomas.

After all this time it finally dawned on Donnie Walsh, Bronx born and raised, that the spoiled son of a Cablevision billionaire always gets his way.

Tried to play my man Walsh and cut his salary... really?

I dont f*ck with grimmy dudes like that.

This dude was the architect, he was most responsible for this upsergence and this is how you do him?

Because Stern knew what was best for the Knicks and you didn't?

I got news for Dolan:

The Knicks brand was established well before you! Without you! And you're trying to f*ck that up?

F*cking schmuck.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
There's a reason James Dolan could charge higher prices this past season for tickets...his name was Donnie Walsh.

Dolan should be on his knees letting Walsh finish making us a contender...

Red

TYPE-A
Undermining your own personnel?

Being cool with Isaiah is one thing, but doing sh!t like b!tching because your GM gave an interview without your permission is just absurd.

Low balling Donnie is inexcusable.

Last edited:
How did this guy not get assassinated yet after all the idiotic things he has done? ****ing spoiled little brat I really think he is ****ing retarded. We have the worst owner in the history of the NBA and possibly in all of sports, **** I would even take Mark Cuban as our owner! At least he actually cares about winning and is a die hard fan of his team.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Tried to play my man Walsh and cut his salary... really?

I dont f*ck with grimmy dudes like that.

This dude was the architect, he was most responsible for this upsergence and this is how you do him?

Because Stern knew what was best for the Knicks and you didn't?

I got news for Dolan:

The Knicks brand was established well before you! Without you! And you're trying to f*ck that up?

F*cking schmuck.

word... cutting his salary in half is like trying to fire Donnie and but avoiding the public relations nightmare... I know we wont bring Isiah back as GM .. If James Dolan wouldjust sit back and let Donnie do his thing we'd be a great team.. I like Dolan because he wants to bring great players here and he wants the team to be good..Thats the only side of him I like..But Donnie is an Old School New Yorker.. Liek Frank Sinatra sings "I did it my way" and Donnies way right now is gospel.. Dolan didn like tt..Now if Donnie is gonna be gone, DOLAN better get Howard here however possible.. and MDA has got to go.. Dolan ****ed over the KNicks fans again and we will miss Donnie.. This off-season was the most important offseason in building around our core in melo and STAT and I hope we get a competant guy to do the job

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I am no fan of Dolan but it would be nice to at least know where this "article" came from. To me it sounds like a blogger filling in a lot of the pieces to make an indictment with very little actual facts. I could be wrong but still would like a link.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
That's an Isola article, it's on the Daily News' (NYC) site.

Isola is always ranting about Isiah Thomas and how dumb Dolan is. It seems to be a passion of his now.

I admit that Dolan can be a bit of a dumb dumb, but Isola always hits us with that "everything is ****KEDD!!!!!!!!!!!" type article, every chance he gets.

He's also the same person that questioned the Amar'e signing last summer and was saying "Is this it?"

So yea...that's who wrote that article.

LeFlume

All Star
He must be one the worst owners in sport. No doubt. I think he is getting better tho. When he came he was just awful. Knicks, New York Rangers, They all turned to shyte. Rangers came back and Knicks is on their way.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
**** you Dolan. $2 million dollars? 2 million? When you "earn":whatever: umpteen times that amount to be a rich man's son?

You dumpy little cunt.

Everything in your possession is without merit for it's embracing.

Is there honestly - and I would pay you - anyone on this site that can create an internet page without too much hassle, dedicated to bombarding hate on this muppet toothed scamp?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
...A paycut for Walsh is insulting. Non-player personnel salaries don't count against the cap so we should be paying Walsh TWICE what he was getting paid. The fact that Walsh during his tenure here got paid the SAME AMOUNT as Anucha Browne Sanders' sexual harassment settlement is PATHETIC

mafra

Legend
Dolan is the worst owner in the history of USA sports. Since he's taken over, the Knicks have become the worst of all losing organizations in the world. ZERO playoff victories... ZERO! Since 1999.... WOW.

And this is the NBA where every team makes the playoffs. LOL.

The dude dumped Camby b/c he wouldn't show up for a media training seminar. How stupid does it get?

The Knicks will win nada as long as he's in charge. A shame... Sure... we'll be more fun to watch now... But Carmelo-Amar'e are doomed. Raise your hand if you think this owner will ever be smart enough to surround himself with smart men who will build a winner? D'antoni isn't the answer.

Like what Dolan's father did... waited too long to get another star to put next to Ewing... By the time we start to build a team, with a legit coach and role players, Amar'e will blow out his knees.

la2ny

Starter
I honestly dont know why this guy is an owner. he's the type of Douche that will make sure theres a lockout this offseason. Him and Sterling have to be the worst owners in sports(yes worst than McCourt). They are one of the reasons certain team stay miserable and garbage for so long.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
unfortunately we have a admitted alcoholic and cocaine abuser as owner of MSG :barf:b/c Big daddy Charlie wants to keep jimmy as far away from cablevision as possible!!!!! thats where the big moneys is !!!....old charlie doesnt want jimmy F..... that up.... so he gives him MSG & Radio city music hall to play with (jimmys toys)......just wait!!! jimmy going to bring back his sociopathic friend isiah!!!! maybe not as GM....but just wait!!!!! isiah will be roaming the halls of MSG soon!!!! ......just when we were all proud to wear orange & blue again:barf:

Red

TYPE-A
Now we see if James L. Dolan, who is as obsessed with being right as he is with the media, can finally get something right on his own. Donnie Walsh was the right guy for the Knicks, but was presented to Dolan by David Stern, the NBA commissioner. Let's see how Dolan does with finding the right guy to replace Walsh.

Let's see him get past his obsessions and his grudges and his all-around small-mindedness and find somebody who can start to figure out a way for the Knicks to ever get past the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference.

Let's see Dolan hire somebody and not think he knows more than the guy about basketball because of things Isiah Thomas has just told him on the phone. Dolan doesn't have to get out of the way completely, no sports owner does. But if Dolan is going to hire somebody still thinking Thomas is the real brains of the operation, then the Knicks really are doomed.

Maybe for once Dolan can get out of his own way, stop worrying about who he thinks is out to get him, and make an inspired choice on his own. Not one that makes him look good. Only a winning basketball team does that. Just the right guy for the Knicks. Let's see if he's got the chops for that after 10 years of on-the-job training.

You already see how this goes now, from the underbosses inside the Garden who act as if they are running some kind of political machine you'd compare it to Tammany Hall, except those guys actually had a way of making things work instead of two famous New York sports franchises. The spin is already this:

Donnie left Jimmy no choice. He wanted too much.

Now nobody at the Garden will come right out and say that. Dolan, the head of the machine, rarely speaks to his fans out in the open. When he does the press conference introducing Carmelo Anthony is a famous example he sounds like a small-timer settling scores with the media, and setting the record straight. The record as he sees it, of course. Only Rep. Weiner is apparently more misunderstood.

But these guys get their spin and their story out there, you bet, thinking they are smarter than everybody, getting it out through the few in this business who actually still buy into their version of things. And Isiah Thomas is always willing to pitch in. Understand something about our Zeke: Whatever he says in public, about Donnie or about not wanting to run the Knicks ever again, believe the opposite. You will never be disappointed.

So you bet we start to hear that Donnie wanted too much control, too much say in the hiring of the next general manager. And now, because they need something good on Walsh, it is as if he hired the worst basketball coach in the world someone even worse than Isiah, apparently in Mike D'Antoni. So they now blame Walsh for D'Antoni the way they blame Walsh when LeBron chooses Miami over the Knicks.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b..._right_after_being_so_wron.html#ixzz1OPAgxhSv

And we started to hear months ago, from the time when the Knicks didn't get LeBron, that Donnie was too old and too infirm (he had to use a walker!) and maybe even too white. Maybe that's why Dolan was sucker enough to believe he could send Isiah in out of the bullpen on that negotiation. This is all pretty funny, in a Monty Python kind of way, unless you are a Knicks fan, and one spending even more money than ever next season to watch them play at the remodeled Garden.

Fixing the Knicks should be as easy.

Maybe, in the world of James L. Dolan, it figures that Glen Sather really does have an official job for life, the way Isiah Thomas, our Zeke, has an unofficial job for life (he's like Spike, except he has to watch the game from Miami). Even though Sather's Rangers have never made it past the second round of the playoffs, even though they nearly got swept in the first round this year by a team that did get swept in the second round, the Rangers are the Yankees compared to the Knicks.

Donnie Walsh goes now. He wasn't perfect running the Knicks, but he was so much better than his circumstances there is nothing to talk about. Even this year a friend of his said to him, "Somehow you gotta keep your dignity," and Donnie said to the guy, "It's hard."

Never too hard for Donnie Walsh. He left with it on Friday, left for all the wrong reasons. If you believe this was all his fault, then you are the kind of sucker Dolan is for Isiah.

Donnie goes now. Let's see Dolan do something right for a change. On his own. Like a big boy.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b..._right_after_being_so_wron.html#ixzz1OPAxlUeH

I guess we can spin it and say maybe this will lead to an even better GM and COach combo. i guess.

Red

TYPE-A
Read away

Then this...

There?s no hope with this dope

Mike Vaccaro

Think about where the Knicks stood somewhere around 9:30 p.m. on the evening of Sunday, April 17.
That was exactly seven weeks ago today, exactly 49 days ago. They were leading the Celtics by a point, 85-84, and there were fewer than 15 seconds left in Game 1 of their opening-round series at TD Garden.
Amar?e Stoudemire, the centerpiece of their off-season, had gone off. The much-maligned defense had done a fine job on the Celtics, made them look old and vulnerable. Yes, Chauncey Billups had gone limping off the court a few minutes before, but surely that was just a minor bump.

GETTY IMAGES
WHAT THE ... ? Amar?e Stoudemire and Knicks fans have reason to hide their eyes after owner James Dolan (inset) allowed team architect Donnie Walsh to leave.

Knicks fans had waited a decade for this. On the floor were two legit stars. On the scoreboard was a lead. One stop is what they needed. One stop. One.
?Sports are funny sometimes, and basketball is funnier than most,? an NBA executive told me recently. ?And if I?m the Knicks, at that one moment in time, you think: Hey, we really have something going here. Too bad you can?t push a button and freeze-frame life sometimes, right??
Right. Because what happens when you hit the ?play? button instead is an epic chain reaction right out of the Book of Genesis. ...
Ray Allen?s 3 wins Game 1 for the Celtics ... which begets Stoudemire?s freak back injury before Game 2 ... which begets Kevin Garnett?s game-winner after a forever game from Carmelo Anthony ... which begets two woeful close-out games at home ... which begets the Heat thrashing the Celtics, offering an initial idea of how far away the Knicks really are from the elite in the East ... which begets the Heat amplifying that statement by clobbering the Bulls, who only won 62 games ... which begets the Heat looking, through two games in the Finals like they can turn it on and off whenever they want, which may not win them these Finals but sure makes them look unsolvable for years to come ... which begets ...
Well, which brings us back to the old familiar reality that the Knicks are owned by James Dolan, and Dolan doesn?t have the slightest idea what he is doing in that role, evidenced by the low-rent, low-class treatment of outgoing team president Donnie Walsh, who only helped make Dolan?s team watchable again, bearable again, professional again.
OK. If Allen?s 3 had bounded off the rim, if the Knicks had won Game 1, there is no guarantee anything that followed would have gone differently. It?s as plausible as anything else to think the only change would have been the Celtics winning the series in five, rather than four.
It?s easy to see flaws in retrospect. And Dolan being Dolan, it?s not only plausible but probable he would have bungled the Walsh situation anyway, because bungling is what he does best. He is a bungling outlier.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...his_dope_BZvoEAWNP9J2fQtr5jttnO#ixzz1OPCLycva

Red

TYPE-A
Dolan is the worst owner in the history of USA sports. Since he's taken over, the Knicks have become the worst of all losing organizations in the world. ZERO playoff victories... ZERO! Since 1999.... WOW.

And this is the NBA where every team makes the playoffs. LOL.

The dude dumped Camby b/c he wouldn't show up for a media training seminar. How stupid does it get?

The Knicks will win nada as long as he's in charge. A shame... Sure... we'll be more fun to watch now... But Carmelo-Amar'e are doomed. Raise your hand if you think this owner will ever be smart enough to surround himself with smart men who will build a winner? D'antoni isn't the answer.

Like what Dolan's father did... waited too long to get another star to put next to Ewing... By the time we start to build a team, with a legit coach and role players, Amar'e will blow out his knees.

...underscored by the amount of money spent over that time.

Mismanagement at its finest.

This is George Bush like.