Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: We can't wait a year!

  1. #1
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,012
    Rep Power
    16

    Default We can't wait a year!

    And no, nothing about trading for another max, I'm talking about a coach!

    Sure, there will be coaches available next year, but there's some top notch coaches available now! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

    You can give a guy like Douglas three years, even five, but for a coach who's been around this long, three is his limit for me.

  2. #2
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Yeah i want us to get Adelman bad! I can't take noD-Antoni anymore, or atleast a defensive assistant

  3. #3
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Damn straight we can't wait a year. I, for mental health reasons, am going to struggle with waiting another fortnight.

    I'd love for D'Antoni to go to Toronto, bench Reggie Evans because he has no O, then we can bring him in to clean our ever dirty glass.

  4. #4
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Yeah i want us to get Adelman bad! I can't take noD-Antoni anymore, or atleast a defensive assistant
    I don't want Adelman, his defense is just as bad as MDA's. Isn't Greg Popovich available in 2012?

  5. #5
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Another fire the coach thread? Really?

  6. #6
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Right now the only coaching candidate out there that really excites me is Phil Jackson. If Doc Rivers decides to leave Boston then he'd be another guy I'd want to target. Not sure how much Rick Adelman would impact the Knicks. If MDA would be open to hiring a defensive assistant to handle that aspect of the game then it makes the thought of him coaching another season a bit less painful for me. Eventually though I still say he's got to go. Popovich would be a dream but he just doesn't strike me as a guy I can picture coaching here. Same goes for Jerry Sloan. I think John Calipari is a guy who's name will be talked about a lot next year if MDA doesn't get an extension.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,012
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I don't want Adelman, his defense is just as bad as MDA's. Isn't Greg Popovich available in 2012?
    I don't know about Adelman's defensive coaching, but he's probably WAY better at offense than D'Antoni. Believe me, I want a great defensive team just as much as the next guy, but I'm impressed by Adelman's ability to lead teams to 42 and 43 wins with no superstars for most of that time.

    That's something people don't realize, D'Antoni isn't a good offensive coach either from what I've seen. I don't trust him to stop the three ball basketball.

    What about Rick Adelman with a new defensive assistant?

    On Popovich, I don't see him leaving. It seems the Spurs organization has a bond with long time members. Plus he's won four championships.

  8. #8
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I don't want Adelman, his defense is just as bad as MDA's. Isn't Greg Popovich available in 2012?
    Dude there is no way you can say that. All those Rockets teams, Kings teams, and Blazers teams were great on D and scrappy ass hell with a no quit attitude. Thats why they made the playoffs and competed the past several years even w/o Yao & T-mac. Even if it wasn't Adelman he must have hired some damn good assistants to hold down that side of the court.

    Pop ain't leaving San Antonio if he has the choice. He just seems to be in the mold of a "Jerry Sloan" type of coach. Coaches a small market team that has built a tradition of greatness under him.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Let's not forget about the fact that Adelman took a Chris Webber and Peja Stojakovic-led Kings team and almost beat the Shaq-Kobe Lakers (questionable officiating in that game...). While Webber is an all-time great and Peja had some good years obviously there was one team there that was far more talented

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    18

    Thumbs up u are damn right!!!

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    Another fire the coach thread? Really?

    In 2005 offseason the Knicks needed to get a decent veteran headcoach,
    plus add a center, and PG......adding coach Larry Brown did not pan out,
    adding Jerome James & Curry did not pan out, and Nate the great did not
    pan out. The Knicks has not forfilled these areas since the 2005 offseason
    from lack of poor management decision, plus having the poorest coaching-
    staff in the NBA.

    Mike Dantoni at best is an assistant coach with defensive-flaws in the NBA.
    If u (MsGhobo247) and others has not witness this in Mike Dantoni 8 year
    career in the NBA.....then u need to ask somebody.

    Having several great players does not win Championships or even a trip
    to the FINALS.....having several great players plus a strategic headcoach
    wins Championships.
    The 2011 Postseason should show u and others this through headcoach
    Rick Carlisle, who put together 3/4 of the Detroit Championship team
    strategy and rotation, plus took the Pacers to the 2nd round playoffs
    after the Detroit-Brawl.


  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Let's not forget about the fact that Adelman took a Chris Webber and Peja Stojakovic-led Kings team and almost beat the Shaq-Kobe Lakers (questionable officiating in that game...). While Webber is an all-time great and Peja had some good years obviously there was one team there that was far more talented
    Adelman is a'ight and 10 times better than the Dantoni-brothers however,
    Adelman/ Webber/and Peja were only 40% of the Kings winning
    seasons....the 60% belong to the Kings strong leadership Center (???).
    The Lakers bought the Kings center, and the Kings went down hill (Lottery Team).

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Dude there is no way you can say that. All those Rockets teams, Kings teams, and Blazers teams were great on D and scrappy ass hell with a no quit attitude. Thats why they made the playoffs and competed the past several years even w/o Yao & T-mac. Even if it wasn't Adelman he must have hired some damn good assistants to hold down that side of the court.

    Pop ain't leaving San Antonio if he has the choice. He just seems to be in the mold of a "Jerry Sloan" type of coach. Coaches a small market team that has built a tradition of greatness under him.

    Adelman showed 82 games of poor-poor coaching this past 2010-11
    season....the Rockets had a 50 win roster this season.
    Adelman's poor coaching lead to alot of the Rockets decent winning
    players being traded. Fans and scouts were amazed at the bull****ting
    rotation, substitution, and coach to player relationship Adelman showed
    in all 82 games....Adelman performance deserve to be FIRED...

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    Right now the only coaching candidate out there that really excites me is Phil Jackson. If Doc Rivers decides to leave Boston then he'd be another guy I'd want to target. Not sure how much Rick Adelman would impact the Knicks. If MDA would be open to hiring a defensive assistant to handle that aspect of the game then it makes the thought of him coaching another season a bit less painful for me. Eventually though I still say he's got to go. Popovich would be a dream but he just doesn't strike me as a guy I can picture coaching here. Same goes for Jerry Sloan. I think John Calipari is a guy who's name will be talked about a lot next year if MDA doesn't get an extension.
    Assistant coach Herb Williams is 100 times better a headcoach than the
    Dantoni-brothers. The Knicks dont need any top name coach, the Knicks
    best interest should be at hiring two strategic assistant coaches (Bill
    Lambeer & Mark Jackson) while letting Herb Williams "player to coach
    relationship" lead as the Knicks headcoach.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    You really think the Rockets had a 50 win roster?

  15. #15
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Assistant coach Herb Williams is 100 times better a headcoach than the
    Dantoni-brothers. The Knicks dont need any top name coach, the Knicks
    best interest should be at hiring two strategic assistant coaches (Bill
    Lambeer & Mark Jackson) while letting Herb Williams "player to coach
    relationship" lead as the Knicks headcoach.

    Herb Williams??????? No thank you. Williams has been holding on to this assistant coaching title for years because he's not cut out for head coach. What exactly is he repsonsible for again?

Similar Threads

  1. Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2013, 23:36
  2. Sorry MDA fans. A new coach is imperative
    By Clyde & The Pearl in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: May 23, 2011, 15:10
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2011, 04:48
  4. 2011 the year we make contact
    By DontForgetDerekHarper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jul 07, 2009, 09:24
  5. Thoughts on Knicks 2007-8 season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2007, 23:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •