Isiah 'Has No Desire' to Return To Knicks...

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Isiah 'Has No Desire' To Return To Knicks

Jun 03, 2011 6:40 PM EDT
Thomas_Isiah_nyk_080326.jpg

Isiah Thomas no longer harbors visions of replacing Donnie Walsh in New York.

Seven months after telling ESPNNewYork.com that he thought of replacing former New York Knicks president and general manager Walsh "every single day of the week," Thomas said Friday that he is no longer interested in the job Walsh just vacated, the same job Isiah himself once held.

"I have no desire to return as president of the Knicks," said Thomas, now the head coach of Florida International University. "I'm not a candidate to replace Donnie. I like the job I have right now, and the toll that the (Knicks) job took on me, my wife, and my kids, I don't want to go through that again."

Via Ian O'Connor/ESPNNewYork.com

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
LMAO @ Isiah and his "no desire".. listen, dickhead Isiah, the Knicks dont want you back even if you paid them.. despite all of the fears harboring about Isiah potentially replacing Walsh.. thats all hot air.. There's no way Dolan brings him back as GM.. I'm not worried about that at all.. ''

It sucks to see Donnie go and there was obviously problems between Donnie and Dolan for him to go out this way.. But Isiah is not in the plans.. that, I am confident in

And If he did come back I'd personally burn and dismantle the Garden myself.. IDGAF I'll do the jail time to prove my point..

LeFlume

All Star
Yeah I'm sure Isiah would turn down 6M and a chance to come back and make it right. He would be here in a New York minute if he got the call and would be f...ed

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I have absolute faith in Dolan to bring this scum back.

We can then return to being at the sphincter's end of NBA taunting.

:barf:

Blumatic

Rotation player
How can Dolan consider Isiah? You need a GM who people respect around the league. Someone who people want to do business with. All qualities Donnie had.

If he wants to bring Isiah back thats cool, but he gotto start from the bottom and earn his dues all over again. Thats how you rebuild someones career. And bring him back when the STAT and Melo era is at its end. But not now!!!!!

No one respects him as a GM or an executive. And they will only call to see what kind of move they can sucker him into. Scott O'Neill, Pres.of MSG Sports, Harvard Business School grad, is totally against Isiah, he knows thats you need someone with a good reputation so people will negotiate with the Knicks fairly. Isiah here puts this organization at a serious disadvantage. Dolan may want him back but now is not the time.

I here some details of what went down but Im not sure what exactly happened. I would not be too commfortable with Donnie with autonomy but I would not want Dolan getting free will to butt in either. As much as they both differed in building the team the past 3 years they both did well. STAT and Melo are here.