Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Paul or Phil Jackson?

Veteran

Really, we just need a center who can rebound and contest shots. CP3 could get that center involved on offense, but it's not necessary - between himself, Amar'e, and Carmelo, it's OK if we have roleplayers who just play defense and rebound. Dennis Rodman never took a shot for his life, but who could argue that he wasn't a key centerpiece who was hugely effective in the second threepeat?

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Really, we just need a center who can rebound and contest shots. CP3 could get that center involved on offense, but it's not necessary - between himself, Amar'e, and Carmelo, it's OK if we have roleplayers who just play defense and rebound. Dennis Rodman never took a shot for his life, but who could argue that he wasn't a key centerpiece who was hugely effective in the second threepeat?
    Who can protect the paint though? I don't care if our center can score, but we are in more of a need in a center than a PG. A D-League player with decent skills doesn't seem good enough. We're gonna need to spend the money we HAVE on a GOOD defensive center.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    You don't recycle the same crap over and over?? How many MDA hate threads have you created? Do you have any self-awareness??

You can't even stay on topic in other threads that have nothing to do w MDA. You fail.
    Of course I'm well aware. Using your logic you are getting "emo" because not only doesn't anyone agree with you, we all realize it's far fetched, doesn't address a NEED, and is uselessly repeated by you. I suggested you make a "I want CP3" sig to avoid that and I guess you didn't heed my advice.

And what I wrote and everyone else was on topic, what you don't want to accept is this isn't fantasy basketball, moves have ramifications that need further looking into. Not "do you want this player" so we get'em. That's childish.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    That is a more realistic view. Please don't bash him or hate like you do with me. It's unbecoming.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Who can protect the paint though? I don't care if our center can score, but we are in more of a need in a center than a PG. A D-League player with decent skills doesn't seem good enough. We're gonna need to spend the money we HAVE on a GOOD defensive center.
    Agreed.

Ron, you mentioned Luc Longly types, is it safe to call them "serviceable"?

If so, then please take a look at what the avg. price and/or current market value is for such a player. Analyze this and consider our roster, the unknown CBA, etc...

It should dawn on you that:

A) If we acquire this player most likely we can't afford CP3 or much else

B) Considering the unknown while considering it's obvious any team would "want" a CP3 (its counterintuitive to think otherwise) then this thread is just about wishful thinking

And again...

Haven't we covered this already? As you say, challenge yourself.

Smfh @ these posters talking the same BS. Reminds of when the Blazers took Sam Bowie instead of Jordan in the '84 draft.. Basketball 101: You take the best player available, via draft or FA!

If we got CP3 he'd be one of the 3 best players we've ever had.

Reminds me of an interview I saw w Bob Knight. He was talking about the '84 draft and said he was asked by a FO exec who's team had one of the top 5 draft positions.

The exec asked him, "Who do like?".

Knight says, "I like Jordan. If you get the chance, you gotta take Jordan."

Exec says, "But we need a center..".

Knight says,"Well draft Jordan and play him at center."

Smell what I'm cooking here??

Please use pure basketball logic people. Stop w the nonsense.

IF YOU CAN GET CHRIS PAUL, YOU DO IT! Period.

Geez..
    You come across as one of the biggest _Antoni apologists on this site. You think by getting CP3 that would solve most of the Knicks problems & give _Antoni the group he needs to win. We have HUGE deficiences on our team & adding Chris Paul does not change the fact that when we're NOT hitting our shots, we lose. We get pounded on the boards & outcoached in the 4th quarter with no one that can protect the paint. You seem to bury your head in the sand when it comes to those facts & after this season it's become obvious to most but you & a few others still don't get it.

I would love to have CP3 & if you have a chance you do get him. But let's be realistic & address our higher priorities that the front office can address.

Question Mark

Originally Posted by knicksman20
    You come across as one of the biggest _Antoni apologists on this site. You think by getting CP3 that would solve most of the Knicks problems & give _Antoni the group he needs to win. We have HUGE deficiences on our team & adding Chris Paul does not change the fact that when we're NOT hitting our shots, we lose. We get pounded on the boards & outcoached in the 4th quarter with no one that can protect the paint. You seem to bury your head in the sand when it comes to those facts & after this season it's become obvious to most but you & a few others still don't get it.

I would love to have CP3 & if you have a chance you do get him. But let's be realistic & address our higher priorities that the front office can address.
    No, actually I've posted on numerous occassions that we should draft a couple of bigs, see what JJ has and explore the option of signing Dalembert. I've also been one of the loudest in support of MDA bringing in a defensive assistant. See my, 'we need to bring Mike Brown as a defensive assistant' thread as evidence.

And I wouldn't call myself a D'antoni apologist, alright maybe I am, but I've always acknowledged his deficiencies while attempting to set the record straight w people who take an unfair viewpoint.

Yes, I want CP3. I think he would solve more of our team problems than you and others estimate. But I've also consistently offered solutions to our other problems, something you and Red seem to be unable to acknowledge.

Originally Posted by Red
    Of course I'm well aware. Using your logic you are getting "emo" because not only doesn't anyone agree with you, we all realize it's far fetched, doesn't address a NEED, and is uselessly repeated by you. I suggested you make a "I want CP3" sig to avoid that and I guess you didn't heed my advice.

And what I wrote and everyone else was on topic, what you don't want to accept is this isn't fantasy basketball, moves have ramifications that need further looking into. Not "do you want this player" so we get'em. That's childish.
    I've given plenty of substantive reasons and examples of why it's a great idea to get CP3. Whether you and others recognize/ comprehend is out of my hands.

I've given plenty of substantive reasons and examples of why it's a great idea to get CP3. Whether you and others recognize/ comprehend is out of my hands.
    That's just it...

You've given PLENTY OF SUBSTANTIVE REASONS

So why are you wasting our time repeating and reiterating the same thing?

That we have noted, addressed, and provided plenty of reasons why its far fetched while partly agreeing with your assertions.

Give it a break and be more creative. You demonstrate an obsessive personality both with myself and your CP3 fixation. Its lame.
    Last edited by Red; Jun 10, 2011 at 10:10.

Originally Posted by Red
    That's just it...

You've given PLENTY OF SUBSTANTIVE REASONS

That we have noted, addressed, and provided plenty of reasons why its far fetched while partly agreeing with your assertions.

Give it a break and be more creative. You demonstrate an obssesive personality both with myself and your CP3 fixation. Its lame.
    If you respond to something I post I will rebutt. No one is fixated/ obsessed w you Red. Maybe in your own distorted little mind that is the case. But perception doesn't equal reality.

We tend to butt heads alot though because of where we stand. You should be careful not to miscontrue this as something more. It's lame.

Thumbs down

If you respond to something I post I will rebutt. No one is fixated/ obsessed w you Red. Maybe in your own distorted little mind that is the case. But perception doesn't equal reality.

We tend to butt heads alot though because of where we stand. You should be careful not to miscontrue this as something more. It's lame.
    Originally Posted by Red

Give it a break and be more creative. You demonstrate an obsessive personality both with myself and your CP3 fixation. Its lame.
    Shoo fly shoo.